What's new

The stars aren't right!(Helena/Courage Wolf)

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Are the stars right?(Helena/Courage Wolf)

Perhaps sensing Helena's confusion, Jasmine walks over and hugs her from behind. *I think I might have to arrange something special for you once we get into a real city.*

Perhaps ten minutes later, the soup seems to be ready, and Jasmine takes the cauldron off from the fire.

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena leans into Jasmine, clamping down on her doubts, Jasmine was her family! She would trust her to the ends of whatever awaited them no matter what happened. *Ok Jasmine, I'm trying, I am. Just tell me what you need me to do as always*

Slapping a smile on her face, Helena turns around and hugs Jasmine for all she's worth before helping her serve lunch. Pondering how they were going to make another two day trek in this miserable place. And to make everything worse in her own mind, She was nothing but a hindrance to Jasmine in her current state, she needed to work harder.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As they start serving the food, the innkeeper goes to take a tray to his wife, leaving Helena and Jasmine serve the customers, who all seem to be young men, smiling a lot.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena just returns the smiles, acting like nothing is out of the ordinary as she goes about serving the meals, making polite conversation. Couldn't lie though, she was both a little flattered, and a little nervous... *Seems we've acquired a fan club Jasmine...*

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

*It happens. Better ignore them, in a place like this we could get accused of witchcraft real quick.*

Jasmine serves the young men politely but keeping herself distant and once everyone is served, she goes to kitchen to eat her own meal.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena does the same, following Jasmine back into the kitchen. *That... Would suck.* Sitting down across from her Helena eats her meal and keeps thinking about the flame, something like that fueled by a base emotion, the feeling had been almost completely overwhelming. Whatever Jasmine was trying to accomplish with this shortcut, she would probably do well to be more careful...

*If that's the case then we shouldn't stick around for too much longer Jas, I have this thing about being burned alive, lashed to a hunk of wood...*

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

*Leaving tomorrow sounds like a good idea.*

After eating, Jasmine heads to the common room to collect dishes before heading upstairs with Helena.

Sitting on the bed cross-legged once again, she starts instructing Helena again in finding the inner flame. This time the meditation practices work faster than before, and Jasmine tells Helena to open her eyes while still holding onto the flame.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena finds the flame, and tries to do as she's asked, trying to make the opening of her eyes just a secondary reaction as she held onto the flame with a great deal more care this time, rather then making the mistake of letting it flood her, overwhelm her.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

This time, Jasmine is projecting calming influence on Helena, and she finds herself completely calm except for the flame. *Good. Now try doing something with it.*

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena doesn't move, doesn't flinch, doesn't even breathe, knowing how fragile her grip on the flame really was. When she was instructed to do something with it, the first thing she tried was to pull the smallest amount of the flame through her and give that small piece shape, trying to form a small ball of light....

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As Helena concentrates, a small, flickering ball of flame appears, only to vanish soon afterwards along with the flame. "Well, well. I didn't think the earlier training would help that much. We'll have to try that again later."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"If anything, it taught me to be careful, and gentle..." Helena said, still a little shocked that that had worked at all. Being told you were making progress was one thing, Seeing it, if only for a moment, was something different all together.

"If we're gonna be leaving tomorrow, we should probably stock up on what supplies we can, and see if there's anything that we could have sorely used last time that they have here..."

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"It's only two days. Anything particular you think we might need?"

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"One thing comes to mind, something that can turn that two days into 8 hours. A Horse, Since you can lower your weight if wouldn't be any extra burden, and a good trot is easily faster then either of us on foot."

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

"Were you planning to become a horse thief? Besides, these villagers don't seem to have many horses, except those that work in the fields. Not to mention that horses aren't as fast as you seem to think, overland."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"An exaggeration, nothing more. And it was just a suggestion, I'm pretty comfortable on horseback myself and it would make things go faster, that said, being a horse thief is bad..." Making a show of actually considering stealing a horse, she shrugs and laughs.

"Odds are we can get any food we need from the kitchen, So I guess we're pretty set... We should probably say goodbye to the innkeeper at least, he's been kind to us."

If they did nothing else for the rest of the day, that was fine, Helena felt about ready to drop anyway and would have no problems with just lazing about her room until it was time for bed.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Jasmine gets up. "I think I'll go for a walk, maybe play with Strike or something."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"well, then I'll join you if you don't mind the company" Helena said smiling and standing. Ready to follow Jasmine and give Strike the attention she deserved, helena was fairly certain the poor thing was feeling a tad neglected...

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Jasmine and Helena walk to the forest and are not immediately greeted by a glomp-happy arachnid. Shortly Helena locates Strike deeper in the forest, where she has made a small web vertically between two trees.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena smiles and waves at Strike calling out a greeting when they find her. Noticing the web, Helena is fairly certain that its the first one she's seen the spider make like that since they bonded back on the station. *How is the hunting going?* She asked curiously...