What's new

The stars aren't right!(Helena/Courage Wolf)

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Are the stars right?(Helena/Courage Wolf)

One of the men manning desks yawns and says in a bored, official tone: "Sorry miss, we can't accept unauthorized assistance. If you'd like to help, I suggest contacting your congressman."

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena sighed and moved away from the desk, disappointed with the 'official' attitude bullshit again, well! if there was nothing to find here then she would move on to the last area she knew the Sec-Team had trouble covering, where she had fought the wrap demon.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As Helena goes down the same tunnels as yesterday, she finds the same spider as before, this time with a crab shell hanging from its web. As she gets closer, the spider glomps her again.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena laughs as the friendly spider bowls her over... "I see your not the only one to bag a crab today huh" she says giggling, hugging the 8 legged thing.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

After a while, the spider lets her go and scuttles back to its web, handing the shell to Helena.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena gets up still smiling and is surprised when the large carapace is handed to her, it would make a decent shield, or armor. Only Ginny would know how to work it though, Helena knew first hand how tough it was. Taking it as a sign that it was time to patch things up Helena tucked the shell under her arm, kissed the spider on its fuzzy head, and took off in the direction of the lab, moving recklessly fast, having gotten the hang of using her telepathy to stabilize herself as she kicked off the walls, gathering speed as she went until she was moving like a bullet through the hallways of the compound...

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

This time the trip goes without incident and soon Helena finds herself back in the research station. As she glances through the window, at first there seems to be something weird about Earth, but a second look reveals nothing. From the sound of it, Ginny seems to be inside eating breakfast, but she hasn't noticed Helena yet.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena didn't spare the window a second glance and instead headed straight for Ginny, there was time to stargaze later, cracking open the door she called "Hello~ Look what I found"

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Ginny glances coolly at Helena over her breakfast porridge. "Good morning. What of it? The test subjects need feeding. See to it."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena glances at Ginny and wonders at her frosty nature, she must still be pissed. Well it was high time she figured out that Helena's assistance wasn't unconditional. "Sure, I'll take care of that. In the mean time I need you to work this shell into my bio-suit, having some armor would be extremely beneficial as I've taken on the unofficial role of exterminator it seems" she said just as cooly before moving off to feed the test subjects.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Ginny sniffs loudly. "If you want to keep being my assistant, I suggest you adjust that attitude of yours. And the shell would obviously be next to useless as an armor, even if it is strong for organic material." Ginny calmly keeps eating her breakfast.

The test subjects prove to be a number of mice in a large cage. There is a sack of feed with instructions taped to it and the cage could use cleaning.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"That works both ways if you want to have an assistant at all~" Helena calls back cheerfully "But you're right, I have been a bit off lately and I apologize, that being said If you want respect you have to show it, its simple etiquette. I didn't save you from that bear because I'm your assistant, I did it because I was hoping to help someone I thought was a friend." Helena drops this particular bombshell quietly and honestly apologetically, but the steel in her voice comes across quite clear as well. Moving off obediently to take care of the test subjects she tries to think of a way to use the carapace. Surely there has to be a way...

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Ginny is silent for a long while. Eventually she speaks hesitatingly: "You're right. We really should be able to deal with this like adults. I'm sorry, too. Let's get to work, shall we? You can do the honors this time, 5 rads over 30 seconds, just like yesterday. Let's see if the influence from yesterday is really gone."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena moves to the control panel, setting the appropriate radiation levels and time variance for the subject. Tossing a thumbs up to Ginny she fires up the generator and keeps a careful eye on everything. Glad to be over the bullshit.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

As Helena gets the test subject, Ginny walks over to the monitor, speaking the details to her wrist computer. As Helena lowers the dome and starts the machine, it starts humming softly like it did the last time. As the dome is lifted, the mouse seems no different from before apart from its fur, which is standing up. "Life signs still good, no sign of changes apart from some static electricity. Do it again Helena, please."

As Helena starts the machine again, Helena records what happens: "Pulse slowing down slightly, but core temperature increasing. Psychic signs are stable." As the dome opens, the mouse has grown slightly and looks...malleable. "The subject has grown slightly and appears to be taking on qualities of a slime. No change in coloration. One more time, Helena."

"Pulse slowing down even more, other signs stable. Psychic signature changing slowly...wait! Psychic signature changing radically. Increase in heat production indicates increased size. Ginny pulls out the wand she used yesterday and creates a force field to surround the dome. As the dome raises, the mouse has turned completely into a small slime, though it has mostly retained its shape. "The subject has turned completely into a slime. This is unprecedented case and if the findings can be confirmed independently, it will raise questions about the origins of different slime types."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena watches everything carefully, taking detailed mental notes about the level and time of exposure. So radiation made slimes huh? this could be promising. "How should we proceed?" She asked, shocked at the strange test results...

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

A strange glow appears in Ginny's eyes as she answers. "We'll do a few more tests before publishing the results. If it can be confirmed that heavy magical radiation in microgravity creates slimes, that would be an almost certain sign of another civilization on Earth, one that would have had to do similar tests as we are doing now. Get another test subject, will you?"

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Helena excitedly grabs another subject and places it within the confines of the dome. "Shall we?" Helena says, excited. assuming the odd glow was from Ginny's magic getting excited as well and reflecting her own excitement at the results.

OP
Hentaispider

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Ginny and Helena do several more tests, each producing similar results. Ginny seems satisfied as they finish the last of them. "Alright, I'll start writing a report of our findings. Could you try to find Jasmine again? I'd like to ask her a few questions."

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"On it!" Helena says before kicking out of the room and into the hallway, looking for Com software in her wrist comp, hoping to find her with the com system rather then having to pick over the entire complex, regardless. she headed in the direction of the port, that being the last place she had seen the succubus...