What's new

The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mataroki

Mac N' Cheese Heretic
Reputation score
Re: The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread

Honestly hard to say what the average internet user is like. They could be overweight, they could be fairly healthy. Looking through a lot of people who upload youtube videos, many of them aren't obese.
I'm also pretty sure there a few users who have stated their interest and active lifestyle in recreational sparring and martial arts. In fact, I would go as far as to say that a good deal of the regular users are probably a bit more robust than you might think. So unless you count lurkers, 8% may also be an exaggeration.
We have over 40,000 members, and about 10% of those are active. But I'm pretty sure we run the gamut from gross to gorgeous just because of the number of people involved.
...It was just supposed to be a 1% joke ._. Joke turned statistics board, what have i done!? xD

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Welcome to the intranets. Waistlines are srs bsnss.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I wanna say I'm a 7, but I'm told I'm undershooting myself.

Wonderboy's around 11.5?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, unless it's not you in the pics you've posted...

In which case...busted!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

With those pictures, the only things busted are nuts and cherries.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

All I wanna say is... thank you, my anonymous admirer ;)

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

You don't play it, even less so care about anything regarding it, so why the fuck are you doing such a nonsensical thing to someone you obviously don't care about. You're a cheap whore without any common sense you claim to value. You're welcome.

For this post:

http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=369478#post369478

Wait.... when were we talking about playing something? I could deal with it if it weren't for the "You don't play it, even less so care about anything regarding it," part, but I'm curious: what are we playing that you're talking about? Do you mean life as a game metaphorically? If so, I must protest, I do indeed play it, and I care about it profoundly.
I'm just trying to figure out if this was misplaced (wrong person/post), or if it's random neg-rep from someone trying to rep/neg-rep someone else?

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't even know about that one lol, there isn't even a post on that page that it would make sense to have gone to.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Because capslock rant.

Uh-oh, looks like we have repeat offender. Me I can understand getting neg-repped, but mot wasn't even mildly offensive.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Sarcasm

Looks like someone doesn't appreciate my help.

StiffSponge

Banned
Reputation score

way to be completely fuckin off-topic

For this post: http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=384562#post384562

I was responding on-topic.. People were talking about funny-games, and I was reminiscing on the good ol' days we all spent on that site when we were younger.. But I guess some jack-ass felt one post was just too distracting for his tiny attention span to handle.

I seem to have it balanced out a this point.. I'm getting just as much rep from being useful as I am for sticking my neck out and delivering judgment, at the cost of a few rep points..

Frankly, rep seems like currency to me.. You need to pay a few points to get your opinion out.. The stronger the opinion, the more points it costs. And just like having a job, being useful and helping out, gets you more points, that you can then spend on either delivering justice, or giving a strong important point in a conflict or conversation. Getting red bars is pretty much like being in debt, you're obligated to be more useful, and cut down on the opinions for a while till you get back on your feet financially. But when you've saved up enough points you can start spending again.

There's some hard workers with lots of points who simply don't have time to spend them, and then there's the REALLY rich folk, who got so much points via mysterious circumstances that they pretty much have the freedom to do what ever they please without ever running low on points, or having their position threatened.. I guess it's kinda line tenure.

Anyway, rabbling aside (This will be the only part some people actually read apparently), I've learned that if someone with high rep annoys me, I simply positive-rep them with a snarky message, since neg-repping anyone with more rep than me will result in a bad situation. That's just how the big-fish/little-fish system works.. Can't get around it. :p

(inb4 more people neg-rep and bug me about how they "think" I think I feel oppressed, when I don't... Silly people...)

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Or perhaps some of those folks with lots of rep still put their strong opinions out there and don't get negative rep, and still offer contributions to the forum, and it's simply built up over a long period of time.

Not everything is a conspiracy with mystery.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

Oh, what a giveaway! Did you hear that? Did you hear that, eh? That's what I'm on about! Did you see him repressing me? You saw him, didn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.