What's new

The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread

-rep for this post; How about because you're just a twat..?

Yep Mr. Anonymous Repgiver, I could be considered a twat though, as I've said before, I prefer the term douchebag. It goes with my unofficial title 'Lord Douchington'.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Then they would be confused by her trappish appearance and suddenly become confused that their target possibly isn't a man with their own opinion on things different from " Viva la femme superior!".
Don't think they'd really be confused by someone of either gender saying women would grow to like rape, Eco's gender notwithstanding.

I don't think either gender grows to like rape, and to suggest that saying someone doesn't grow to like being raped doesn't mean that's saying "Viva la femme superior!".

Also, not all feminists think women are superior, some still think equality over supremacy. I still do, and I'd consider myself a feminist of sorts.

Also, don't see why ye had to attack Ranger either...

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Of sorts? :p

(...again with that emote...)
Okay okay... I am a feminist. I just don't think women are superior to men. That whole women don't need to work as hard to get into the army: Bullshit. We should work just as hard to get into that kind of work. It would also help remove sexism in that workforce if the men know the women can do the job. That is to say I also think that women should be able to serve in combat arms positions within the military... if they can do the job. Same goes for men.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Lol I wasn't trying to point fun at you for being a feminist.

E

ecoISDP

Don't think they'd really be confused by someone of either gender saying women would grow to like rape, Eco's gender notwithstanding.

I don't think either gender grows to like rape, and to suggest that saying someone doesn't grow to like being raped doesn't mean that's saying "Viva la femme superior!".

Also, not all feminists think women are superior, some still think equality over supremacy. I still do, and I'd consider myself a feminist of sorts.
It's the same with religion; fractions; skinhead bands; hell, the whole world. The structure stands on people who truthfully know a lot and have good reasons for doing what they're doing and those people deserve respect. But then the majority are the people who only think they know what they stand for but actually they only want a reason to be dicks to everyone else.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

It's the same with religion; fractions; skinhead bands; hell, the whole world. The structure stands on people who truthfully know a lot and have good reasons for doing what they're doing and those people deserve respect. But then the majority are the people who only think they know what they stand for but actually they only want a reason to be dicks to everyone else.
Indeed, I've avoided alot of political topics lately on one of my favorite forums because people don't seem to comprehend I don't like someone who's being an ass, even if we're on the same side of an issue.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

-rep for this post; Son, I am disappoint.

I'd like to think it was Bart that -rep'd me for straying off the path.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

My God, Man. I love you.

Dunno if it's for the part about getting Titan A.E. or if it's for the part where I complain about the so-called 'special' features.

Probably the latter. I don't know many people at all who liked the movie, unfortunately.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

It would also help remove sexism in that workforce if the men know the women can do the job.
Now, I don't know how it is up in mystical Canada, but I for one am very tired of hearing the complaints by these women's rights groups about wanting more women in high paying executive jobs, and I'll explain why.

Thanks the the government's frequent caving into the demands of these groups, the biggest block to achieving said jobs is that now, when a woman goes on pregnancy leave, she can take up to 18 months off, and expect to be able to return to an equivalent level job.

Now just think about that, that's a year and a half away from work, to come back and expect to be able to have the same grade job they had before. Which isn't so bad if it's down the bottom end where there are plenty of equivalent level things. But up the top? You're looking at the company either inventing a high paying job purely to prevent the government coming down on them, and it's debatable whether or not that's cost effective, or moving around one of the employees who hasn't needed to take time off to rear a child. Not to mention, those kinds of top end jobs consume one's entire life; there's a reason the rich family stereotype has a father who's always working; which leaves little time to raise children.

Now, let's backup here, because I'm not saying all women are going to try and have a child when they're gunning for a high paying executive job; lets face it, the kinds of women who go for it don't have kids because they value their career more. BUT thanks to women's rights groups, companies are less inclined to take the risk and promote a women up just in case she decides to have children after all. They can hardly turn around and fire her for deciding to have kids. But do they realise they've just hurt their own cause? No, the just go on making demands.

Very recent legislation has instituted a program where women on pregnancy leave who worked at least # hours during their pregnancy (the number of hours ended up being about 1 hour a week for 3 months) would receive minimum wage from the government for a time (I forgot the exact period, somewhere between 6-12 months).

It's estimated the above will cost around $250 billion in tax money. This is on top of the "baby bonus", and a few other benefits things for pregnant women. Frankly, I see this as a waste of money, and more encouraging of stupid women to have children to try and solve financial troubles, which has been happening here since the baby Bonus. The kinds of women who need money now, and don't think of the consequences. The kids of women who are unsuited to being mothers.

If we really want to invest in the future of our children, invest the money into the school. Get more with decent arts programs. Hell, give our underpaid teachers a raise, lord knows they deserve it. (There have been a lot of teachers strikes in the last 10 years, but they don't gain the kind of support as 'women's rights' because parents get pissy about teachers not raising their kids because they're demanding more money. How dare they demand to be paid more than the pathetically low salary they have.)

I'm just tired of the demands of these women's rights groups, it's starting to get ridiculous. I dread to think what they come up with next...

E

ecoISDP

Wall of text
Well we're living in a world where rape is considered worse than murder. At least by the law. It's a balance thing, back in the dark ages a woman wasn't allowed to own anything, even the clothes on her back, now even talking about the no rights thing. And now it's slowly coming back to haunt us in horrible ways, like in america where a father can't even hug his child in public because someone could mistake him for a pedophile. Let's just hope that it doesn't get to the "shoot men on sight".

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's only a year maternity leave in Canada, and a year paternity leave as well. Same rules for both genders. I've known a few women as well who've never taken any maternity leave after having a child to focus on her career and instead the father did.

Also, I'm not talking about executive jobs here. I'm talking about construction, glazing and so forth, and the military.

And while some demands from women's rights groups are ridiculous, that doesn't mean we should glaze over the entire issue with shouting that "women are asking for too much". Likewise women shouldn't be shouting that they're in "horrible horrible scenarios", but there are still gender related issues to be worked upon.

Last edited:
E

ecoISDP

It's only a year maternity leave in Canada, and a year paternity leave as well. Same rules for both genders. I've a few women as well who've never taken any maternity leave after having a child to focus on her career and instead the father did.
I wish I was in Canada.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Eh, in France, BOTH parents get maternity leave. While their system is kinda messed up at times, I kinda like that idea.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Suddenly, hundreds of feminists storm Ranger's house to lynch her for saying women grow to enjoy being raped! :p
Oh Oni, I was just having a little fun with Eco. I have a little inkling that he/she would like it. He does seem scared of me though, and I don't like to see little sad faces. SO I'll just have to put a bag over his head! Just kidding Eco! You're safe...maybe. :D

But about the feminist lynch mob....theyre waiting for me outside with torches and giant cucumbers....I'm scared. Maybe I can help them learn to like it too. If not I think I'll tell them you made me do it!

Lurker
Reputation score

Women do make something like 75 cents for every dollar a man earns, but only when you compare every job at every pay level. Women are more likely to take jobs with more leave and benefits for family purposes, as well as turn down promotions and etc. than men. When compared job to job, the rate of pay is much closer to 98 or 99 cents on the dollar.

I have no proof for these statistics

OP
Cappy

Cappy

Reputation score

Also, don't see why ye had to attack Ranger either...
You obviously misunderstood what I said in it's entirety.

I'm referring to the fact that extremist feminists would be confused if their target of attack suddenly changed from male in description to female in encounter.

Also, I'm only making out the feminists as the silly "Women are better" kind because that's the thought that struck me at Oni's description. That and I take every opportunity I get to make fun of said type of person, because naturally I'm a man and even when they were more discriminated against than they are today, women held a power over men.

Maybe I didn't word it well, but in the end my description of both sides really had very little to nothing to do with rape in the first place, so I don't even really understand your response.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

If not I think I'll tell them you made me do it!
Please don't, I'm already on their shit list I don't need them to have another reason to rape the shit out of me with whatever they can get their hands on.

Ranger Princess

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Don't worry. I hid under my bed and snuggled with the monster that lives there (he's just a softy really) until they went away. I think they got distracted by a Girl Scout or cheerleader and went to go devour her soul for being too feminine and/or happy.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

to rape the shit out of me with whatever they can get their hands on.
I'm free later.

Status
Not open for further replies.