H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Reputation Hilarity/Insanity thread

I would love to do just that, but I'm kept on kind of a tight leash... In part due to a few promises made when I got my banning ability.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You could loan it to an unpredictable loose cannon?

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The problem with that idea is that it wouldn't remain a loan, and then who knows who the hell would remain.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

But if I ban everyone on the forum, who would I have to piss off, or bitch about politics with? Still a fair point though.

robdelobe

Sex Demon
Reputation score

This is rich!

I criticized Clinton's stance on gun control and this was the response I got.

Welp, might as well respond in kind.

Honduras.
El Salvador.
Venezuela.
Zambia.
Ivory Coast.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

People can get really invested into political subjects

robdelobe

Sex Demon
Reputation score

People can get really invested into political subjects
You're telling me, bruv.

In a strange way, this neg-repping does give me a sort of hope. Less people are willing to address me directly and publicly than anonymously attack my prestige points. It could be retarded optimism on my end, but I feel like this is a sign that some sense and decency is coming back to my country and maybe even western societies in general.

Feels good, man.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

More likely is that they either can not defend their viewpoints, or that they do not consider doing so worth the effort

Either way, they're keeping whatever the viewpoint was and they will probably not change it unless they actively research it. And even then there is often a lot of biased 'research' laying around that is there for them to find and validate their viewpoint with. It's a mess

I would share some reps I got recently, but it's nothing interesting for now

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I used to be very left, and have creeped right over the years when surrounding only by the left at my college or in my family. I try to stay middle of the road, and probably would be voting right, if most of the representatives they had weren't all going fucking batshit insane. For instance, I'd have well preferred Kasich over both these fucks, (though he still has stances I'm very strongly against, for instance, women's rights). But a trend that has been prevalent for me is that people from the right tend to be the more preemptive attackers with people the disagree with, while people from the left do response attacks more often, like with rob's reps there. Those could easily have been disagreements voiced, but it's much easier to just get a final word in so they can pat themselves on the back afterward for what a good job they did. The right-sided care much less about the point needing to be proven and just go straight to writing any opponents off as crazy liberal lefties.

That's what makes it difficult for people who can actually argue either side, cuz they're hit with strawman and ad populum from the right, moral equivalence and red herrings from the left, and ad hominem and either/or's from everywhere.

R

Ryka

Trump's a chump, Hilary, more like Hilarity, etc. etc. Let's steer this back on topic.

Thank you to all the positive reps for sending the good vibes. Also thanks for the irony negs. They're funny. :3

Zepheral

The Dark God Of Lesbians and Memes
Reputation score

This guy nailed it. :p

AnotherLurker

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ooh ooh~! Are we doing political/presidential debates?.. Sweet!..

-grabs two pennies from my pockets-

I live with two very right-wing people, and I've seen a few of the hard left as well.. My favorite thing to argue over, is how funny both sides look jumping around like monkeys in their cages throwing poo at each other over which monkey gets to say what happens in the cage.

Some people can try and sit on the fence to either avoid being embarrassed when their respective side loses, or to try and give themselves meager justification for spitting on both sides, but a true neutral doesn't sit on the fence.. He's sittin' up on a windmill tower about half a mile away from the whole field, cackling like an old man every time someone scoops up another handful of "mud" to lob it over the fence at the other side.

There are cruel truths that NEITHER side want to hear, and will fight tooth and nail to deny.. And those truths typically pertain to the absolute futility of fighting over which idiot gets to run for office.. Or president, or whatever section of the government people are currently worried about.

One of the biggest cruel truths being, of course.. Is that the president.. In all his or her glory.. Has a LOT less control over the nation than you might think.. People get in such a fizzle about who gets to run the country, because that's exactly what they think the president is gonna do.. Run the country..
Exactly how many presidents have we ran through now, where something severely changed in the US because of something they did?..
And before you pipe up with history, let me re-phrase that.. Exactly how many of those events that you just thought up, affected you, directly?..

Ever since I was a kid, I made a sort've rule book concerning the folly of humanity, and methods I myself could take to avoid such mistakes.. One of the first rules I ever made was.. "Never worry about things you can't control."

As far as you're concerned, your responsibilities as "the savior of this country" begin, and end, at voting.. Or becoming a soldier, if you're "really" worried.. But beyond that, what IS there to argue over?.. What little control the president has, there's nothing we can do about it.. So what if they change a policy or make something more expensive, if you're the kind of guy who throws a molotov through a window because of what some idiot who lives hundreds of miles away from you did, you're the kind of people we laugh at from the sidewalks before the riot police show up.

And don't come whining to me about "If you don't do anything, nothing will ever change".. In case you haven't looked out your window in the last 10
years, nothing HAS changed, and nothing WILL change.. Humans don't like change, and whatever change there is, even if it's for the absolute better of humanity, will always get spit on and stamped by angry offended scoundrels..

So just.. Step back.. Don't be one of those scoundrels.. Let "Everyone else" make the fuss.. Let the rest of humanity do all the fighting and rioting and complaining for you, and focus on your life.. Your responsibilities.. You ain't Captain Planet, so unless you're just shittin' on the president because you want to get a reaction out of people (which isn't very wise either), you might as well just pack up your debate and spend the time more wisely..

I am aware of the hypocrisy, seeing as all I'm doing is "Shittin' on the shitters".. But what the hell, it's a forum, the place annoying opinions go to die..
(Does that make facebook purgatory?)
Besides, I didn't even shit on right/lefties specifically, just everyone as a whole.. And trust me, I've got a lot of damning material against both sides..

We all gotta live a little, I suppose.. That's the whole point of my 2 cents here.. Tellin' you to live.. The president(s) can make some pretty shitty decisions, but even the worst case scenario of a president is a LONG way off from "destroying the nation".. When and if that happens, "then" you can stand up, grab a rifle, and garrison city hall until further notice.. But until then, just chill..

EDIT: I only got negrepped for "too many line breaks"?.. Pardon me, but a series of paragraphs are naturally going to be easier to read
and process than an unorganized wall of text.. Get it together man.. Or-, No wait.. DON'T get it together.. Use line breaks!

To be honest though, I've noticed this behaviour from many people.. It's almost like some sort've unspoken native ritual among senior forum users,
that line breaks are the devil's work, and compacting your opinions into a solid brick of text is somehow better.. It's only better for the admins, because
it means less space used on the site, and the posts take up less room on the page.

Last edited:

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*picks up 2 pennies*

Ahem, give a warm welcome tooooooo Justin fuckin Trudeau! -Proving that something has changed, even if it's getting back on a track laid ten years ago.

I think I get what you mean, and how you seem rather frustrated with nothing changing much, but we shouldn't think our actions are generally ineffective. The presidency does have some power, if not as earth shaking as some believe; also got to keep in mind change tends to be glacial... Just keep on moving forward, don't give up easily and all that!

*drops pennies*

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh, damn, I'm double posting, apologies in advance :eek:

Got a neg rep for this, asking a half decent question about the game; it's not that I care about it, but that thread is waaaay too ready to attack anyone, most of any I actually pay attention to. When the dev has to ask people to stop defending him so much and notices the amount of neg repping, there might be an issue...

R

Ryka

I gotcha. Gave a pos rep to you in retaliation. :D Also, stop the politics heeeere. >8( (Normally, I wouldn't care but when I get treaded on in favor of a fucking argument when I suggest not to, then I take it personal.)

♍VoidTraveler

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So much salt, why does anybody care what some nobody said in your rep? :D

Lucifina

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I just got rep twice for bouncing down a dirt road at 30 mph.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not sure if dirty or funny... But +rep i suppose?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.