What's new

The Ranting/Debate Thread

Cappy

Reputation score
Re: The Ranting/Debate Thread

Very well, I request that all further posts in response to my own that are only corrections of or contextual usage be changed into PMs. That's far more appropriate, and still just as helpful, I would prefer if responses were, you know, actually responses.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Very well, I request that all further posts in response to my own that are only corrections of or contextual usage be changed into PMs. That's far more appropriate, and still just as helpful, I would prefer if responses where, you know, actually responses.
Ok, now I'm curious. Are you doing that on purpose?

Cappy

Reputation score

Ok, now I'm curious. Are you doing that on purpose?
My pre-disposal to use where instead of were while typing is a habit I picked up during school when some of the manuals I was given were put in an incorrect format. It was early grades, and one of the main lessons was Homonyms. The first example was Were and Where, and they put them in goddamn reverse.

I had to re-do that book because it got lost while I was finishing it up at home, and of course, nobody really corrected me until I had already become extremely used to it. When I already have a full reply in mind and I don't go over what I've typed out I tend to leave an error or two like that, and I'm sure it annoys the fuck out of somebody.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

So it's merely an ironic occurrence that in each of your posts about this topic there have been errors, instead of you subtly undermining your point in order to prove it, for such method would not be possible were the use of poor language expected. Gotcha.

Cappy

Reputation score

So it's merely an ironic occurrence that in each of your posts about this topic there have been errors, instead of you subtly undermining your point in order to prove it, for such method would not be possible were the use of poor language expected. Gotcha.
No, such a tactic wouldn't work simply because most people would assume it's an actual error. And I don't appreciate your snarky demeanor, you dongpocket.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Not to underappreciate your colourful language, fellow, but what, exactly, is a dongpocked?

Cappy

Reputation score

It is a pocket with only one purpose. To be filled with dongs. You sir, are a dongpocket.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Thou claim is certainly mirthful, for I am no such thing, knave.

Cappy

Reputation score

Thou claim is certainly mirthful, for I am no such thing, knave.
Knave? Hast thou no sense of worth? Hast thou no sense at all? Your foolish implications lead me to believe you of low stature, thrall.

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Thou err again, for as even a fool can see, thy words carry no weight in the hearts of the wise. Thou hast no honour, thy mother is a mongrel and even a dog would be insulted in a comparison to thou.

Cappy

Reputation score

Thou err again, for as even a fool can see, thy words carry no weight in the hearts of the wise. Thou hast no honour, thy mother is a mongrel and even a dog would be insulted in a comparison to thou.
Thou dost not offend me, ULMFian pig-dog! Go boil your bottom son of a silly person! I blow my nose at you, so-called "Hentaispider" and all your ULMFian Kniggits!

I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food-trough water!
I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!

Last edited:

Hentaispider

Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

English? Now that's a real insult. Go suck a duck, moron.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

got that out of your respective systems?

Dusty

Totaly not actualy a Moderator
Reputation score

My pre-disposal to use where instead of were while typing is a habit I picked up during school when some of the manuals I was given were put in an incorrect format. It was early grades, and one of the main lessons was Homonyms. The first example was Were and Where, and they put them in goddamn reverse.
Something like that happened to me. Except it wasn't in a manual. My fucking teacher switched the meaning of it's and its around, so it took me a long while until I realized that the teacher was actually fucking wrong. I remember someone in class actually tried to correct the teacher, and she was like "NO BITCH YOU'RE WRONG, IT'S IS THE POSSESSIVE TERM AND ITS IS THE CONTRACTION THING." And that's when I realized school is dumb.

So I don't know how how often I do it, but occasionally I still mix its with it's around just because of that.

Lurker
Reputation score

"Dong-pocket" may be a PG play on the more popular "Dick-bag", but that's just a guess.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

"Dong-pocket" may be a PG play on the more popular "Dick-bag", but that's just a guess.
I know it as a dick-sleeve, personally. I'm not sure that there's nessesarily a correct form for that insult, though.

Cappy

Reputation score

You're both wrong. Dongpocket is more graphically offensive than all of those insults combined. Quite frankly, creativity and originality will make your insults have more of an impact.

I can simply laugh off the folks that use such worn out playground insults like "Dickbag." But if somebody accused me of being a crusty dried out blemish only fit to besmirch Paris Hilton's ass, I would probably be both highly amused and highly offended. But mostly amused. Even that is kind of unoriginal, what with the reference to Paris Hilton.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

You're both wrong. Dongpocket is more graphically offensive than all of those insults combined. Quite frankly, creativity and originality will make your insults have more of an impact.
Surely such things are purely subjective.

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I can simply laugh off the folks that use such worn out playground insults like "Dickbag." But if somebody accused me of being a crusty dried out blemish only fit to besmirch Paris Hilton's ass, I would probably be both highly amused and highly offended. But mostly amused. Even that is kind of unoriginal, what with the reference to Paris Hilton.
To be fair, Dong Pockets are healthier than Lean Pockets -- less breading and more protein. And they are, of course, VASTLY superior to standard Hot Pockets in terms of nutrition.

Now I'm hungry.