What's new

The Love Thread (Or Just Warms and Fuzzies)

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

Has a penis diamiter of 4.5cm
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Love Thread (Or Just Warms and Fuzzies)

You know, with all this talk of Australians taking others ides and then improving them I have to ask... Was Steve Jobs in any way part Australian?
i love the vast quantity of information available on the internet

Nope.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

You know, with all this talk of Australians taking others ides and then improving them I have to ask... Was Steve Jobs in any way part Australian?
You're giving Steve Jobs too much credit. He was a marketing genius, nothing more.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Australia has plenty of its own inventions, like the bionic ear.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Australia has plenty of its own inventions, like the bionic ear.
There's also the boomerang. And the didgeridoo. And Vegemite. And Bundaberg Rum. Also you've (collective use of "you") been a big boon to Hollywood, not only with quality flicks like "Crocodile Dundee," but also with many of our biggest stars, including Nicole Kidman (hot) and Russell Crowe (awesome).

You also gave us the phrase, "put an extra shrimp on the barbie," with the tourism commercial from the 80's. I understand, however, that the term "prawn" is used vice "shrimp" in your country. Also you gave us the excellent Men at Work song, "Down Under" (which is where I first learned about Vegemite). Good stuff.

I'm not quite sure if I should thank you for Outback Steakhouse or apologize for its existence. The Australian-themed American restaurant chain is one of the places that is responsible for my love of mutton chops, but I don't think the restaurant has many ties to Australia itself except imported Foster's and a few other brews. It now has franchises worldwide, in places like Japan, claiming to represent Australian food. So... thank you and/or I'm sorry.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

Australian's enjoy the irony.

Also you missed out hugh jackman and heath ledger. Then pavlova as well. The ute (or pickup as you say in americaneese).

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Vegemite you say? Marmite I say!

Actually, no I don't I prefer my Vegemite over Marmite... They don't really sell it a lot of place in Norway though (if any) so I get some from the family :p

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

God I have a dirty mind, I read butt sex not butter cheese for some reason.

I love apple crisp, homemade and still warm.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Yes, because after all, he didn't invent the iPhone. Those came from God.
You wouldn't credit the CEO of IBM for the creation of PC, would you? Sure, some of the ideas may have come from him, but that doesn't mean he should get all or even large part of the credit for it.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm more making reference to the whole Westboro fiasco that went down when they were making plans to boycott his funeral...using iPhones to twitter to one another. When confronted about it, the daughter of the head of the church said something like Jobs didn't invent the iPhone, God did.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm more making reference to the whole Westboro fiasco that went down when they were making plans to boycott his funeral...using iPhones to twitter to one another. When confronted about it, the daughter of the head of the church said something like Jobs didn't invent the iPhone, God did.
Yeah, these people protest military funerals all the time. I do not understand these hardcore "Christians" picket a funeral, of all things. I suppose I can tolerate their belief that homosexuality is evil, while respectfully disagreeing. Picketing at a funeral, though, is completely ineffective. No one's going to change their mind and cancel the funeral.

I think the quote attributed to Mahatma Gandhi said it best: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, these people protest military funerals all the time. I do not understand these hardcore "Christians" picket a funeral, of all things. I suppose I can tolerate their belief that homosexuality is evil, while respectfully disagreeing. Picketing at a funeral, though, is completely ineffective. No one's going to change their mind and cancel the funeral.

I think the quote attributed to Mahatma Gandhi said it best: "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."
I've had a few friends (Catholic even) that have said "I'd love my religion if it weren't for all the worshipers."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Gotta say, I like that quote.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I love tea. Delicious delicious tea.

Mmmmm.....

Ganonxchii

Demon Girl
Reputation score

i love this song

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

i love this song
There's a separate thread for music here.

I'm a big fan of talking things out with a friend. The only thing better would be working things out with a girlfriend, because then you get makeup sex.

And I like the makeup sex.

Unnatural Kiwi

Sex Demon
Reputation score

That fluff filled moment when a complete stranger helps you out of a bind.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I love the yarn store here. I only wish they took Visa because then I could be all like "TAKE ALL MY MONIES" and spend another hundred Euros in addition to the almost 40€ I already spent.

OP
Hopeyouguess62

Hopeyouguess62

RP Moderator
Reputation score

I love the yarn store here. I only wish they took Visa because then I could be all like "TAKE ALL MY MONIES" and spend another hundred Euros in addition to the almost 40€ I already spent.
Me too, Chibi, I love a good yarn.