What's new

The Adbot's Revenge!

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: The Adbot's Revenge!

Siphon thought for a few moments. "I think so, from all indications that hive shouldn't be ready to launch an attack for several more days at least, assuming the information I got was fully accurate. As for this system, I could probably make it there via a dart if I knew where the wormholes were but.... Shrike, let's just pray the Wraith didn't make a pit stop there before coming here. We don't know exactly where they came from, only that it's beyond our own galaxy. I won't stop you from going, mostly because we NEED any help we can get, but please, be careful."

He stops as the server arrives, digging into his steak after Shrike starts in on her Shrimp. "Besides, I have a feeling your going to want to be coming back to this place for food again." This was said with a slight smile.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

*****Past*****

Shrike just murmurs agreement for a moment, taking a few more shrimp before really answering. "The Wraith aren't from around there, they had their own alien race and I don't think I had ever heard of the Wraith when I was there. There's the Don'Kavosh and the Nomads, which were actually created by the former before they mostly died out. and that's one hell of a pit stop, but I'll be careful anyways, I promise."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Good, glad to hear that."

He looked like there was more he wanted to add, but he knew he didn't have to tell her they had no way of knowing what path the Wraith had taken on their way here, they might have driven right through the heart of the Sirius System, or they may not have reached it yet.

Smiling again and accepting what was before him now, he finally spoke once more. "If they join with us, tell them to expect possible casualties from the battle. As I understand it, this hive is going to be very hard to kill, if not impossible from the outside."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

*****Past*****

"They'll expect casualties anyways." Shrike says, pausing another moment to eat a few more shrimp. "Especially since they managed to kill Tobias..." She stalls halfway through her sentence and looks down at her plate. Suddenly, the smell of roasting shrimp isn't as... pleasant. Frowning a little, she pushes the plate a couple inches away and sighs.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As she trails off he moves quickly, and Shrike probably wouldn't be certain how or when he'd moved, but only that he had.

One moment he was across the table from her, the next he was sitting next to her, a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, you ok? Look, sorry I made you think about that, that was stupid of me."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Bound to happen, don't blame yourself. It's something that will be at the top of my mind for a good long time, and that's just the way it works." She says calmly, still staring at the plate. After a minute, she started eating again. "Anyways, I wouldn't worry about the Birds too much, they've gone up against the worst the Sirius system has to offer, they know what they're doing."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Fair enough on both parts."

There was a brief pause as he headed back to his seat, then he looked at her. "I want you to know something. I intend to check into that hive, and if possible, sabotage it or destroy it before it can attack us. Now I don't know if I'll be able to pull it off or not, or if it's even still there, but we don't have much choice. I.... saw what they were planning, how powerful that hive will become. Externally I don't think it will have any weaknesses, so that means we may have to board it."

He trailed off, letting her digest that before finally adding, "your the only one who knows this, I'd.... like to keep it that way for now. I don't want many people knowing about it, but if it comes up when you talk to your friends, you can tell them someone with inside information on the hive is trying to scout what he can...."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Shrike nods. "Consider it done. Hell, if you manage to give me a good enough description of it's external defenses, we can probably manage to whip something up and bring it back with us!" She says, smiling again.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I'll see what I can do, no promises though. How long before you head out?"

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"I think I'm being looked for right now, so there's probably another debriefing or something with mandatory attendance, I should be able to leave after that. If you can't reach me before you leave, leave a sticky note on the ship or something." Shrike said with a chuckle, finishing her meal.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Fair enough then. Well I won't keep you from the meeting then, and I have some other things I have to attend to before I leave, so.... good luck to us both."

He pays for their meals, then walks her as far as he can before their paths diverge. He would wait a few moments to see if she said anything else before they parted.

((Just make a post or something with her either leaving or saying something before she leaves, leaving it open for ya there.))

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Shrike walked along in companionable silence, stopping for a second before parting ways. "Just don't go getting yourself into too much trouble, you won't have Copper or myself around to haul your ass out of the flames." She said with a smile and a wave and walking off to go meet the soldiers looking for her.

((Alrighty, back to the present.))

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

((For you, lol.))

Siphon only smiled at her words, mouthing the word, "indeed," as she faded from view.

Taking a breath, he headed off and soon found himself outside Copper's place. Steeling himself, he rang the bell and waited.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

((Uncertain if Grave still wants to be here or not, as he's posted present already, but we'll work around it.))

Opening one eye, Copper resisted the urge to toss her bottle against the door. It was not time to go to the briefing yet and if this wasn't important, someone was going to die. Growling, she rolled out of the bean bag and scrambled a little across the floor until she had her footing. Siphon gets the full force of her glare, glowing eyes and all, as the door starts to open, until she realizes it's him and her expression snaps to something between shocked and relieved.

"Sweet lord in heaven, what happened to you?" She actually steps out of the door and looks like she's going to hug him, but she's not wholly sure if she should or not.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There was a smile on his face at this, and it reached his still one remaining 'human' eye. "That blasted enzyme happened. The eye part will never return to normal, nor will my bodily functions. In effect, I'm stuck being super-wraith for the rest of my life, however long that may be."

He paused a moment before it dawned on him what she was wearing. "Uh.... did I show up at a bad time here? I only wanted to swing by and see you for a bit before heading out but if this is a bad time I can check in when I return?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

She listens as he explains and as he talks about leaving. "You wake me up again and it might be a very short amount of time," she growls, though the sound is more playful than anything else. "Where you headed? I'd assume you'd be going to the briefing with the rest of us."

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

He chuckles, then shakes his head. "No, I'm heading on a major one this time. We need to know how far that hive has progressed in it's development, and if we have time to launch a surgical first strike and take it out before they finish it. So, I.... demanded that I go, since I'm the only one really who can move about that hive freely and undetected that the higher ups will trust. Sparky could but they still don't trust him despite my word. Frankly, I think Woolsey doesn't trust me even anymore, but that simpering moron can kiss my ass. I just wanted to have time to stop by and thank you, as well as apologize for any damage or pain I may have inflicted upon you. Truth be told.... I don't remember much about what happened after the Queen was killed. What little I do remember is turning on you folks and not knowing why I was."

There's a slight grin and he leans in and hugs her instead. "And yes, it would have been ok to hug me, you don't have to ask or hesitate with me there."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

She wraps her arms around him in return. "I'll remember that. And, well, I'll be honest, I trust you more than I trust Sparky, even with all things considered. As for Woolsey, you mention that name again and I'll ring your bell but good, mister." She draws back, grinning, though her look softens. "You did get a bit scary for a while, but you never hurt any of us. There was still a bit of you in there, through everything. We got through it." She doesn't say 'okay' at the end there, but what she does say, at least, is the truth. "Wish you were coming with on this upcoming job, but I understand this is more important. You go show that little pencil-neck that he's a moron, all right?"

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I wish I could come with you folks too, but yeah someone needs to check in on that damn hive, and regardless of what anyone feels, Sparky can't get in and out of there like I can because they know him by appearance now. They won't with me thanks to the changes, and most would be afraid to look me in the face thanks to the radiating power. Even Sparky I think is a little afraid of me now, maybe with good reason, we don't really know just how much of the damage done is permanent."

He grins at the pencil neck comment. "You bet I will. And besides, I have a bone to pick with those hive flying bastards too when the time is right. After all, they ruined my duster and I paid good money for that. And they messed with my head and made me turn against you folks, so yeah, pay back is going to be a bitch."

There is a brief moment of silence before he finally adds, "I'm also very glad to hear I didn't hurt any of you. Tough enough to stomach that I turned on all of you and probably would have if given the chance... I don't know that I could have dealt with it if I had harmed any of you.... or worse."

Another moment and then, "when are you folks shipping out?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"You ruined your duster? Oh, that's it. Get out. Can't even treat clothes properly..." She grumbles, though there's a grin on her face. "Well, from what we've seen, aside from the...cosmetic aspect of it, the changes have been for the better, right? Maybe it's not such a bad thing, but you're right. Only time is going to tell. Just don't tell Woo-boy about how you might have turned on us, even if you don't mean it. I think he's bucking for any excuse to get rid of us if he can. Course, that'd be stupid on his part, since we're some of the only able combatants they've got right now crazy enough to handle the big stuff."

At his question, she shrugs. "Likely after the briefing, which is in another hour or so. Suppose I ought to have been waking up anyway. Good thing you stopped by or I probably would have slept through the meeting time."