OP
Shadow

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle Souls

Option B + evolve Perception II wins.

----​

OK, no need to go completely overboard and reduce the inn to a pile of smouldering ash just yet; perhaps Gregor and Atta have just gone for an early morning walk. And some vandal happened to throw a brick through the window. It could be complete coincidence.

You quickly evolve Perception II just in case - it will help you with your questioning. Giving you a worried look, the Necromancer strides into their empty room, looking around it intently. Meanwhile, you slip down the stairs of the inn to main area. Just as it comes into view the front door flicks shut, but you disregard it. No customers are around; presumably they're all still hungover in their beds in this early hour.
No customers, but the haggard-looking barmaid is up and at her post. As you approach she notice looks worried - eyes darting around nervously, fingers fidgeting with a tea-towel.

"Morning," you call to her, coiling your sinuous body up onto one of the tables. "Don't suppose you've seen anything... odd this morning? Only two of my friends seem to have vanished during the night. And I would hate to loose my friends."
Even before she opens her mouth you know she's lying; it would be obvious even if you hadn't just evolved Perception II.
"No... I, ah, only just got up myself. You're the... first customer down here." She can't keep eye contact at all, but what's weird is the fact she keeps glancing at the door to her own inn, whilst simultaneously shuffling away from it. The door to the inn. The door that was flicking shut just as you got down here.

Shhhhiiiiiiiit.

Ignoring the terrified looking barmaid, you throw yourself off the table and out through the door, mentally shouting for the Necromancer as you go. Bursting out into the sunlit early morning street, you see a wagon go veering around the corner of one of the streets opposite and out of sight.
It's still almost dawn, so there are only a bare few yawning people and peddlers on the streets, the sun not yet visible above the giant wooden walls that border the town. You set off down the cobbled street after the fleeing wagon, and within seconds the Necromancer has stormed out of the inn behind you.

"No glass on the floor; the window was broken from the inside!" she gasps, doubling over to draw breath. "No other signs of a struggle; they must've got them while they were asleep. Where'd they go?"
You point out the correct street to her, and see nods, necklace of bones clicking against each other.

She sets off in hot pursuit once more, whilst a different idea occurs to you. Finding the building on the corner of the street, you climb its rough wooden surface, reaching the third-story roof in a matter of seconds. From here you can see much more of the town, including the racing Necromancer... but no sign of the cart that went careering around the corner earlier.
Other thoughts start to occur to you; why kidnap someone in the early morning? Weird time to do it, especially since the darkness of night tends to make it harder for people to see you in the act. Certain rituals and spells (generally of a highly dubious nature) revolve around time of day, but they all seem a bit unlikely...

You see the Necromancer in the streets below look around wildly, but its no help - the wagon's vanished. You can't detect Gregor's or Atta's auras either, which is concerning, although it might not mean the worst; they could just be magically shielded from you.

Your ponderings are interrupted by the arrival through the town gates of a large, heavily armored troupe of men. They're carrying a banner of some kind, and in the cool, fresh air of just post-dawn the voice of their leader carries up to you clearly.

"Yep, massacred the goblin army in the grove," he calls out, somehow managing to swagger whilst standing completely still. He seems to be talking to an official (?) in draped purple clothes.
"Got this gold crown from their king as proof." He holds up a shining piece of metal which does indeed bear some resemblance to the Goblin King's crown. "So we'd like to take our reward now, my good man. In fact, I feel we deserve a little extra for that cyclops we butchered."

Oh, that thieving bastard.

----​

Option A) Ignore the men - its a distraction you don't need. Search through the town with a fine magical tooth-comb to try and find Atta and Gregor.

Option B) Go down to the men, accuse them of lying, and take the reward instead. That cash could be very helpful for getting any potential kidnapping witnesses to talk.

Option C) Give up Atta and Gregor for lost; they were never that crucial to your team anyway.
C1) Go and get your reward from those men anyway though.
C2) Investigate around the town for anything you can find out about the Archcrystal allegedly here.

If you're thinking "Something about this doesn't add up..." it's because it doesn't.

Health: 150/150
Energy: 130/200
Morality: 8/100

Evolutions:
- Thunder Bolt I (Like Fire Bolt, Thunder element).
- Water Bolt I (...ditto).
- Ice Bolt I.
- Ovipositor I (Allows you to lay eggs within the orifice of a host. At low levels, these eggs are weak and may not hatch properly. Further upgrades reduces this risk. Each egg costs 10 energy to plant, but the hatched tentacle is autonomous and commanded by you).
- Dread I (Releases pheromones that make organisms more afraid. The higher the level, the stronger the effect it has, and the better it works on people (lower levels are effective mostly against animals).
- Teleport I (allows you transport small, inanimate things back to the Dimensional Nexus, or wherever you set up a lair in the future. Further upgrades allow you to move bigger, and eventually alive things. NOTE: This spell will never be usable on yourself).
- Confusion I (Launch a magical blast that can disrupt the brain-waves of a foe. Useful against well-armored creatures that aren't very vulnerable to normal attacks).

- Levitate II (allows you to hover straight over even wider gaps).
- Firebolt II (Like Magic Sting II, but Fire Element).
- (Lust) Slime Ooze II (your slime induces lust in those that contact it).
- (Sleep) Slime Ooze II (your slime makes those that touch it sleepy. Very... sleepy).
- (Healing) Slime Ooze II (your slime heals those that touch it. Like with all slime effects, it can be turned on and off at will).
- Stealth II (20 energy required. Become even sneakier).
- Swim II (20 energy required. Can you guess what this evolution does?)
- Body Shock II (20 Energy required. A powerful wave of magical energy runs over your skin. Akin to picking up a live electrical wire. Obviously limited to close-range combat, though).
- Tentacle Arts II (20 Energy required. Recover HP through sex).

- Magic Shield III (30 energy cost. Lasts longer and tougher to break than Level II).
- Entrapment III (30 cost). Small tentacles appear from the ground around your enemy and bind them to it. The tentacles are strong but not unbreakable.
- Re-Skinned Illusion III (30 cost). Use magic to change the outward appearance of a surface. Useful for laying traps, though not much help in the heat of the moment.
- Minor Telepathy (30 Cost). If you're close enough to another sentient being, you can pick of very faint snatches of their thoughts and emotions. Which of course can be very helpful for a variety of reasons...

- Illusory Duplicate (40 Energy Cost). Creates a magical duplicate of yourself that can slide around causing all sorts of panic, though unfortunately it isn't truly alive and can't perform any magic of its own.
- Aura Detect IV (40 Energy cost. The pinnacle of Aura Detection - see Cursed and Holy objects from far afield, allows you see even the faintest magical trap clearly, and can allow you to perfectly judge the magical aptitude of your foes).

- Magic Cannon. (40 Energy Cost) Unleashes a huge blast of Magical Energy, costing 10 energy each time, but one use of this spell has been known to strike holes in reinforced castle walls.

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

B. And take telepathy, and fire bolt II

If they're magically shielded searching a big town like this will probably be a waste of time.
These lying shits probably had something to do with it

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

I say Evolve either Magic Cannon or Dread up to II or III and go to won o te lying bastards- B. Possibly evolve Telepathy or Aura Detect IV if we can afford it; then continue to search for Atta and Gregor.

maxentius-septimus

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

B might switch over to a if think about it. I'll have to look over this again later, i'm gonna take a guess that our companions were kidnapped by whoever has the Archcrystal, possibly as sacrifices to do the same thing with opening a portal as the necrofish was trying to do. That might mean that questioning about the crystal would lead us to the kidnappers, and maybe we have until dusk or midnight before the ritual will begin.

The quickest way i can think of to prove the bounty is ours would be to have the necromancer come over and then explain how we defeated the goblins, especially since the impostors have seen the state of the goblins afterward they should know were not lying and be afraid of us repeating it.

Not sure what upgrades to get yet. May add some later.

CatPaws

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

B Call the necromancer over to inform her we're taking a quick break. We are the Justice Tentacle and we can't stand lying pieces of shits*! Earning street cred in this little town is probably important. After dealing with the lying pieces of shits, can you have the option to go back and ask the inn people some more questions?
Also, it's suspicious that the bar wench looked so worried. I suspect we are dealing with either a rough sort of people that silenced the bar wench with a look that menaced with danger or people high up in town hierarchy. Perhaps both.

*unless of course it's us that's lying and only for good, right? Right!?

Edit: Minor Telepathy. Looks fun.

Edit number 2 for a damn good idea!

I vote that instead of calling these mercs 'lying pieces of shits.' We inform the captain that WE are the ones who killed the goblin king and his orc in a way that only he can hear us (we should be able to do that since we talk to a person's mind and all). Then after we inform him we tell him that if he doesn't agree to our demands, raise your right arm you sissy scum bag if you agree, we will use our full force to extinguish the life out of him and his buddies. Our demands are simple. Help us locate our kidnapped friends (besides, there's probably treasure involved in this somewhere... something that men like them like).

Last edited:

Zephyrion

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A. We are by our self we have missing team mates and we are a tentacle monster in a non monster city, we don't have time to go picking fights while our friends are missing.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Goddammit, I told you to pick up that crown before we left!

A wagon seems too clickety to have gotten up to 'careening' speed in the puny amount of time between questioning the bar maid and running out the door. Maybe it was an illusion?

If we can telepathize at whoever the captain's talking to, tell him that guy's a liar, but otherwise we're too busy to deal with their shit right now. You don't just take the fucking tentacle lord's homies.

Maybe the pair didn't like the idea of being in company with us :)<). Hmm... look for someone shady and wizardlike, probably going in the opposite direction? Maybe heavily robed like yon delicious buggirl would be, buggering off with someone of roughly Greg's physical description?

CatPaws

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Nah~ They like us! Actually, I just remembered something. Wasn't Greggy old boy a bit irked that we'd heard or remembered about this town? Do ya think that maybe some people who didn't like him kidnapped him? If that's true we may have to hurry and find him before they... Kill him. That being said, I still stand behind my idea of using the mercs as tools to locate them.

Illusion idea sounds like a maybe. It worries me that they might have shielded them somehow. It implies people with money or people with access to items of the arcane. Following that logic, the town hall or the library sounds suspicious.

Last edited:

AngelEater

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'll go with CatPaws's version of B
and evolving Minor Telepathy seems like good idea as well :)

OP
Shadow

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Option B (once more).

----​

For the first time in quite a while you feel anger rising deep within you. That lying little sod...
You quickly alert the Necromancer to what you're doing, calling off her fruitless search, and slide down the side of your building to the group of warriors. They give you some extremely curious glances as you approach; one or two start tapping their fingers on their sword handles. Nervous. Good.

"I wouldn't listen to a word that man says," you call to the robed town official. "He's lying. Him and his motley troupe most definitely did not slay a group of Goblins out in the forest."

The official turns towards you. He looks surprisingly unafraid for someone who's morning has just been interrupted by a slimy, muscular, tentacle-beast... although with a monocle and top hat like that, he probably wouldn't be phased by anything.

"Oh?" he says, squinting down at you. "Can you prove these accusations?"

Ah. "...Not as such, but-"

"I can." The Necromancer! She runs up to you from the adjacent street, once more to your rescue, it seems.
"I have very vivid memories of slaying that Cyclops," she says, grin tugging at the corners of her lips. "Very vivid indeed."
She reaches forwards, placing a finger on the official's perplexed looking face. A swift burst of intangible magic follows, and the official's expression relaxes.
"Yes, I see..." he mutters.

"Gentlemen!" he shouts, suddenly standing bolt upright. "I see you now for the duplicitous thieves you are! Begone from my sight, and be thankful I haven't the time to punish you further!"

The vast majority of the troupe take this as their cue to stalk sullenly off, but the leader - the man who was demanding their payment from the official in the first place - fixes you with a glare that could shatter glass before he leaves.
Well, that's an enemy made.

"Now, my Lady," the townsman grovels, bowing slightly to Necromancer. "How may I be of service to you today?"

She chuckles, and you chime in with the response. "Two of our friends were taken this morning. If you were kidnapping someone in this town, where would you take them?"

He frowns, but only in concentration. "Well... one hears rumours... beneath the public baths, there may be a secret entrance too... but I wouldn't know anything about that."

"You've been very helpful," assures the Necromancer, pushing him firmly in the chest. He falls backwards onto his arse, before standing up and walking confidently away, whistling cheerfully to himself, a very glazed look in his eyes.

****​

Some minutes later the pair of you are at the public water baths. The baths are as you imagined - geothermally heated pools of water, steam rising off them, and scantily clad young women (and men) both frolicking and snoozing in the waters. The sight of some of the women causes urges to rise in you... the water gleaming in their hair, their barely concealed bosoms, tight asses easily visible through the thinnest layers of cloth. But (with difficulty) you repress these urges and turn away, joining the Necromancer in the search for a secret passageway (how cliche).

In the end its you that finds it; one floor tile, outside of the baths, is completely devoid of any splashes of water. Ignoring the members of the public giving you curious looks, the Necromancer and yourself investigate - and find magic emanating from beneath it. With a little work, you prise the tile up and off the ground - a trapdoor! Beneath it, a ladder, leading down somewhere dark and wet.

Nodding in affirmation to each other, you enter first, the Necromancer following close behind, covering your descent. You arrive at the bottom of the ladder in a large, torchlit room, full of people. All of whom turn in surprise at your arrival.

What? There's Atta, head held low and with metallic chains binding her ankles and wrists close together. Poor woman has no manner of luck at all. On the wall directly across from you is an innumerable mass of eggs; small, fist-sized, green but vaguely translucent. The pile stretches all the way up to the ceiling and is a few metres thick. Tiny squirming embryos can be seen in each egg, making soft chirping noises to themselves.
And there's Gregor... looking decidedly not chained up.

A few things fall into place very quickly.

Who lead you by the nose to this town? Who's been sticking close to Atta this whole time? Who had vague, unclear motivation?

You sigh deeply. "Why, Gregor?" you call to him, sadness resonating in your voice.

"You found me, then?" he says, a look of vague surprise passing over his features. "You an' that bitch, too? Well, you always were a bloody tenacious pair." He grumbles sullenly to himself, before reaching for his sword and falling into a ready-stance. The men (30 of them, all wearing brown robes) follow suit, all of them leveling their sharpened pieces of metal at you. Well, you've been in tighter spots.

"Why Atta?" the Necromancer shouts, desperately trying to distract him.

"The bug?" he says, glancing briefly across at her. "You ain't worked it out? I foun' her in Blue's tunnels, and would've got 'er out if that fuckin' Spidercrab hadn't come outta nowhere. Imagine my surprise when you come along and rescue us; well, you an' that Dragon. So I tell you some shit about this town, lead you 'ere - the guards know me, don't think they let you in 'cause you look so fuckin' pretty - then dump you at t' first opportunity and make off with our bug-eyed little friend 'ere.
"Why?"
"Shit, you guys want the full villain motivation speech, don'tcha? These eggs 'ere are going to be a great workforce one day! We could build anything with 'em under our control. War machines, castles, all manner of devices. Only problem was, the eggs started to hatch last night, an' we know from experience they ain't gonna survive without magic from their own kind.

Now,
" he continues, rotating to face you. "You can either squirm back up that ladder an' forget what you saw down here, or me an' the guys are gonna chop you and your bitch friend into thin slices. Well, we might 'ave some fun with 'er first, o' course."

----​

Option 1) Barter with him. Offer gold (you can get some from somewhere) for Atta's safe release.

Option 2) Fight back, striking strong and hard. Gregor is going to regret the day he crossed you.

Option 3) Just leave, and try to forget about this whole disaster. Retreat to the Nexus and find a less depressing adventure.

Option 4) Other.

Health: 150/150
Energy: 130/200
Morality: 8/100

Evolutions:
- Thunder Bolt I (Like Fire Bolt, Thunder element).
- Water Bolt I (...ditto).
- Ice Bolt I.
- Ovipositor I (Allows you to lay eggs within the orifice of a host. At low levels, these eggs are weak and may not hatch properly. Further upgrades reduces this risk. Each egg costs 10 energy to plant, but the hatched tentacle is autonomous and commanded by you).
- Dread I (Releases pheromones that make organisms more afraid. The higher the level, the stronger the effect it has, and the better it works on people (lower levels are effective mostly against animals).
- Teleport I (allows you transport small, inanimate things back to the Dimensional Nexus, or wherever you set up a lair in the future. Further upgrades allow you to move bigger, and eventually alive things. NOTE: This spell will never be usable on yourself).
- Confusion I (Launch a magical blast that can disrupt the brain-waves of a foe. Useful against well-armored creatures that aren't very vulnerable to normal attacks).

- Levitate II (allows you to hover straight over even wider gaps).
- Firebolt II (Like Magic Sting II, but Fire Element).
- (Lust) Slime Ooze II (your slime induces lust in those that contact it).
- (Sleep) Slime Ooze II (your slime makes those that touch it sleepy. Very... sleepy).
- (Healing) Slime Ooze II (your slime heals those that touch it. Like with all slime effects, it can be turned on and off at will).
- Stealth II (20 energy required. Become even sneakier).
- Swim II (20 energy required. Can you guess what this evolution does?)
- Body Shock II (20 Energy required. A powerful wave of magical energy runs over your skin. Akin to picking up a live electrical wire. Obviously limited to close-range combat, though).
- Tentacle Arts II (20 Energy required. Recover HP through sex).

- Magic Shield III (30 energy cost. Lasts longer and tougher to break than Level II).
- Entrapment III (30 cost). Small tentacles appear from the ground around your enemy and bind them to it. The tentacles are strong but not unbreakable.
- Re-Skinned Illusion III (30 cost). Use magic to change the outward appearance of a surface. Useful for laying traps, though not much help in the heat of the moment.
- Minor Telepathy (30 Cost). If you're close enough to another sentient being, you can pick of very faint snatches of their thoughts and emotions. Which of course can be very helpful for a variety of reasons...

- Illusory Duplicate (40 Energy Cost). Creates a magical duplicate of yourself that can slide around causing all sorts of panic, though unfortunately it isn't truly alive and can't perform any magic of its own.
- Aura Detect IV (40 Energy cost. The pinnacle of Aura Detection - see Cursed and Holy objects from far afield, allows you see even the faintest magical trap clearly, and can allow you to perfectly judge the magical aptitude of your foes).

- Magic Cannon. (40 Energy Cost) Unleashes a huge blast of Magical Energy, costing 10 energy each time, but one use of this spell has been known to strike holes in reinforced castle walls.

UjisatoGamo

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Mannnnnnn I freaking knew it! Only room for one dick in the story!

All i have to say is this.
Magic Cannon, Magic Cannon his damn face. 2

Genius700

Sex Demon
Reputation score

A room full of dudes?
It'd be a shame if someone accidently used Lust III on them all...

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Use Entrapment to disable most of the enemies
Magic cannon Gregor in the face, hopefully the others will piss off after that

Now about that workforce... we're an overlord without a fortress befitting our status after

maxentius-septimus

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

2 Maybe 4.

Seems like we'd gain more respect by dealing with as many on our own as we can. Actually repeating what we did with the goblins would make the Necromancer think were relying on her too much. Also her last spell may have only been so overpowered because she got so much "energy" from the cyclops.

Evolutions: Some combination of these 3
-(Lust) Slime Ooze II
-(Sleep) Slime Ooze II Either Slime would allow us to disable several men at a time as long as we can touch them.
-Stealth II would make it easier to get around their swords maybe.
or
Magic Cannon

Last edited:

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

2. Evolve Dread to II or III; scare away his helpers, and if its not too much energy also Evolve Magic Cannon and lay into the fucker. :cool:

CatPaws

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Oh Gregory... You poor sod. Now we 'ave to kill ya.

2 Very much 2.

Evolutions:
Magic Cannon
Confusion I
Body Shock II

Plan of attack:

Strike EVERYBODY in the room with Lust III making sure to remind the men that there is an awful lot of women above that are defenseless and bathing. Tell Necromancer to take care of any of the idiot underlings that actually stay. Don't even speak with Gregory just... Kill him. Start with a Magic Cannon shot near the ground at his feet (I'm assuming he'll be a tough little bastard to hit on account of him dodging) then hit him with a Confusion while he lands (assuming he jumps back or dodges in some way), then get in close for a body shock. Even if we lose a few tentacles we should be fine, but with Scale Armor II* (something we already have btw) we should be fine. Once Gregory is dead go back up to the baths and kill any of the men that are trying to rape the women... One by one.

*Strangely enough I don't see Scale Armor in the list of evolutions... Did we max that one?

Edit:
Nicely done with Gregory, Shadow. I thought it was odd with the window and all. If there's one thing that doesn't add up it's that I thought Gregory was annoyed that we'd remembered the town. Was that an act? Or did he mean to lose us somewhere and head there for hiding, i.e. he was annoyed that we remembered his home base.

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

Just an FYI for those that haven't noticed

The lust spell in this CYOA is slime based, which means it is contact only (unless we have some way of squirting our slime that I'm not aware of)