What's new

Tentacle Souls

master_sinclaire

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Tentacle Souls

U mad bro? These are apes. They will goddamn fucking climb up and down them walls for the heck of it. No way a fledgeling tenta's going to outrun an ape on its home turf.
I vote 5.

OP
Shadow

Shadow

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

5 5's... interesting.

----​

You see the Blango coming, and quickly formulate a plan. A cunning, underhand plan, something you've not tried before. A part of you, buried deep down, revels in the chance to be devious and brutal at last.

You evolve Infest I as quickly as you can, using energy to force your cells to shift and change and divide as quickly as possible. You recover just in time to see the Blango bearing down on you, mouth agape... so you jump. Like a coiled spring suddenly released, you fly through the air, straight into the Blango's mouth, catching it completely by surprise. It starts to gag, trying to cough you up, and you realise very quickly that you're a bit too big for your host. Not to worry...

You coil in the unfortunate creature's throat, dangling your rear end down its esophagus, before shooting tendrils out from your head. They burrow through flesh and bone, winding around its brain and linking up with its nervous system. It's a brutal, callous approach that you know the Blango won't survive; you have 10 minutes, tops, before the body gives out on you. Not a problem, though - you can do lots of things in 10 minutes.
Seizing control of your victim's terrified brain, you open the eyes and peer out at the world around you. Blango have excellent vision, and you see the cave more clearly than you did before; the gleaming White Archcrystal, the veins of rock running across the walls and frozen ceiling, the little whirls and eddies of snow blowing in from outside.

The second Blango from the pair is looking at you in great concern. Taking advantage of this, you lunge forward and shoulder-barge him straight off the icy rink you both stand on. A quick yelp, and all of a sudden he's tumbling into the black abyss, arms and legs wheeling wildly. You strain your eyes... a few seconds later there seems to be a soft thump, followed very quickly by a snarl and the sound of ripping flesh, although it's very hard to tell with the strange acoustics of the cave.
Happy, you pilot the Blango along the U shaped path towards the exit at the bottom of the curve. As you approach it you pick up strange smells from outside; ash, rare herbs, and an acrid stench that has more than a hint of magic about it.

Curious, you exit the cave and take a good look around. It's immediately obvious you're standing on the side of blustery, windswept mountain. Snow is piled waist-deep (for a human) everywhere, and this plateau, although a good 100 meters square, drops off very steeply on all sides. Well, almost all sides... walking forwards, you turn your head back in the direction of the cave mouth, and to the left of it see a winding, snow-covered path that leads further up the mountain, out of sight.

Most interesting of all, however, are two unexpected developments. In the center of this chilly, windswept plateau is a circle of tents, all shapes, sizes and colours, brightly lit on the inside. You hear voices and see people, all wrapped up in brown furs, moving too and fro between the tents. It's either an incredibly small village, or a very big group of travelers. In the center of the circle is a bonfire, burning brightly and with a snow-free gap around it on the rocky ground. It burns merrily despite the howling wind. Clearly magic is at work here...
The second most interesting thing of all is the gigantic predator clinging to a shelf of mountain rock behind you. A sort of dragon crossed with a sabre-tooth cat, the beast is white to blend in with the snow, crawls on four limbs, has a long tail ending in a spike-studded club, and a pair of terrifyingly big amber fangs sprouting from the front of its mouth. Its forelimbs have a funny V-shape, with the foot at the bottom and a row of black spikes jutting out along the outmost side, affording it great agility and turning speed across slippery ice or rock.

It watches the settlement with beady eyes... waiting? Considering? Planning? So focused is it, though, that you are able, camouflaged as you are, to sneak right up to the outskirts of the circle of tents without being spotted, whereupon you immediately hide from its gaze behind a particularly thick piece of fabric.

More smells waft over to you... the odour of females in heat, the scent of lust and desire. You feel the Blango's member stiffen automatically, as you hunker down in the snow, watching the humans pass. You wait, plotting your next move.

----​

Option A) Enter the settlement and ask to speak to the leader, to warn her about the monster eyeing up the place.

Option B) Enter the settlement and try and find the sorcerer responsible for the enchanted flame. It'd be a good bit of magic to learn.

Option C) Follow the delicious, wet sex smells and try to join in whatever's happening at the first opportunity.
C1) As Blango.
C2) As Purple Tentacle.

Option D) Ignore all this, and explore:
D1) Up the mountain.
D2) Further inside the caves.

Health:
- Tentacle: 23/30
- Blango: 15/25 (you have about 6/7 minutes left of being a host).
Energy: 45/80
Morality: 15/100 (Very nice, etc etc).

Evolutions:
- Infest I (allows you to latch onto hosts and drain energy. Try and do it when they won't immediately notice and squash you).
- Fire Bolt I (like Magic Sting I, but Fire element).
- Thunder Bolt I (^, but Thunder element).
- Water Bolt I (...ditto).
- Slime Ooze I (secrete slime that can be both sticky and slippery. Further upgrades allow you to do much more with it).
- Scale Armor I (More protective against spells and physical attacks than Slime Ooze, but much less multi-purpose).
- Ovipositor I (Allows you to lay eggs within the orifice of a host. At low levels, these eggs are weak and may not hatch properly. Further upgrades reduces this risk. Each egg costs 10 energy to plant, but the hatched tentacle is autonomous and commanded by you).
- Dread I (Releases pheromones that make organisms more afraid. The higher the level, the stronger the effect it has, and the better it works on people (lower levels are effective mostly against animals)

- Perception II (20 Energy. Use body language and other subtle, chemical clues to put together a general hint of what someone is feeling at any given time. Is that a molecule of sweat? They're nervous. Are their fingers tapping? Clearly impatient.)
- Aura Detect 2.55 (20 energy. Your sense of auras is refined, and you can see them from a great distance and judge their power levels more accurately. Also allows you to faintly detect Cursed auras).
- Stealth II (20 energy required. Become even sneakier).
- Swim II (20 energy required. Can you guess what this evolution does?)
- Body Shock II (20 Energy required. A powerful wave of magical energy runs over your skin. Akin to picking up a live electrical wire. Obviously limited to close-range combat, though).
- Tentacle Arts II (20 Energy required. Recover HP through sex).

- Growth III (30 energy required. Grow to a chunky, 6-foot long python, complete with split heads.)
- Magic Shield III (30 energy cost. Lasts longer and tougher to break than Level II).
- Magic Sting III (30 Energy required. Costs 5 energy to use, but a direct hit will send most foes flying off their feet).
- Arouse III (Induces great lust in your target. Most people/creatures will be stopped dead and driven to masturbation, you, or another target).

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A we don't want that dragon ruining the fun

Last edited:

MrMe

Lurker
Reputation score

D1 - get the Wyrm to eat the blango we possess, possess the Wyrm

Maybe upgrade Infest II if required

xgkf

Tentacle God
Reputation score

B.

Fire magic might be useful in a frozen environment.