Soul Searching (sturm) Gmed by ranger

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Soul Searching (sturm) Gmed by ranger

Rose watch the orc go and made sure he was out of sight before answering. "Not always but when he dose its usually follows the same pattern. He gets drunk verbally abuses the waitresses and leaves." As Sara asked about the woman Rose's face darkened slightly. "I don't know her personally. The jail is near one of the outer walls it used to be a bunkhouse for guards when this place was a fort but now it serves as the jail. Your not thinking about seeing her where you?" Rose sounded worried about Sara's intent but felt that Rose wasn't sharing all she knew either.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Scowling as Rose described the orc's behavior, a focused look came to her face when Rose described where the woman would be taken. When Rose expressed her concern, she grinned confidently. "Relax, I told you I can handle myself. I won't do anything too stupid. Besides, I met one of my best friends in jail, and she's one of the sweetest people I knew." She didn't specify that she was talking about Asha, but then, there was no need to go revealing things about the nymph that she might want downplayed. Still, she got the sense Rose was holding back, but didn't want to press too hard. "Look, I'll be careful, I'm just trying to make sense of what's going on. If you know anything that can help me, it will make my trip that much faster and that much safer."

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rose had an indecisive look on her face a look that Sara found didn't suit the pretty bartender one bit. "Okay you didn't hear it from me and if anyone asked I'll deny the whole deal." Rose looked around shifty like. "Tanya probably knows more or even who she is."

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sara smiled sweetly when Rose told her that Tanya might know more. "Thanks darling! I'm going to take my break while we aren't too busy, back in a bit!" With that, she set off to find Tanya and ask her about the mystery succubus. Though in the back of her mind she wondered at the implications of why the owner might be expected to know more about a succubus...

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rose nodded and called another girl over to tend to her section which was rapidly thinning out anyway. Sara made her way to Tanya's office and knocked polity. After a moment she got a come in come in. Tanya was radiant as ever but something tugged at the back of Sara's mind. Once again she could feel the aura of magic around her but she couldn't quite make it out unless she spent her own power to focus on it. "So hows your first night Sara?"

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Smiling gratefully, Sara sat down before Tanya. "It's been a real treat for the most part, the girls are all great to me, they really make me feel welcome! The patrons are nice too, well, except for a certain orc...I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. I was able to handle him and his advances, though his remarks hardly count as such in my mind, it was a woman he had with him that gave me pause. A succubus by his account. I don't know if she was or not, she certainly was possessed of corruption, but to see her chained and collared as she was..." Sara paused to collect herself before continuing. "I've not been out of my village much, so I am ignorant of some of the customs of this land. But that seems like an awful way to treat a person, succubus or not. I was hoping you might know more about her, I was planning on talking with her myself at some point, conversations with the imprisoned can be...enlightening to say the least. I just thought I would see if you knew anything first as you own this place and seem like the sort of person who might be privy to the goings on around here." Sara described the succubus to Tanya, hoping the woman might be able to grant her some insight.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tanya seemed glad that Sara was enjoying her work so far. When she heard about the orc she frowned a little. "Well his money is always good but he dose need an attitude adjustment." Tanya also nodded at the mention of the collar. "I see the sealing collar was probably placed on her so she wouldn't use her powers on him or anyone else. It looks cruel but its highly effective. After all some creatures are willing to lose hands but very few are willing to lose their head." When Sara mentioned about seeing her and hinting that Tanya knew the town gossip as it was she simply shrugged. However when Sara gave the description of the succubus she thought she saw the woman wince slightly but it was quick if it happened at all. "Well Sara its best not to get to involved with criminals and while admire your compassion. I wouldn't want your reputation ruined by being seen with such a creature."

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Frowning thoughtfully, Sara considered Tanya's words about the sealing collar. "Hmmm...I see. It is humiliating, but also quite effective. I shall be wary of such devices myself." She sat patiently as Tanya continued to talk. When she finished, Sara thought for a moment before replying. "Truthfully, I am not so worried about my reputation. I don't plan to remain here for too long, I have pressing business elsewhere as it is. However it would shame me to dirty the name of your establishment after all of your generosity..." Suddenly beaming, she continued. "I will just not be seen then! Maybe I would be better served by not speaking to her, however I have to follow my instinct. After all, the greatest adventures can begin in the most unlikely of places. This journey is taking me far from home, and it all began with a conversation in a jail. With that in mind I cannot simply walk away from this...opportunity."

Standing up, Sara made ready to leave. Before she stepped out, she turned back to Tanya with an embarrassed expression. "Oh, but if I don't show back up by morning and Asha starts to worry...I would probably appreciate it if you could send her in my direction to presumably rescue me." She gave a rueful laugh and then ducked out, leaving the hotel and tavern to go find this jail.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The jail as it where was not hard to find being one of few all stone structures in the town. The building itself was in rather good condition clearly taken care off. On the right side of the building sat a fairly squat building that had a sign that read Sheriff. There was a light on and she could hear the orc and another man that sounded like the guard she met earlier discussing something. "Grack I will only keep her in my jail for the night in the morning you best be off I don't want any of my boys getting infatuated with a succubus." There was a snort before the orc spoke. "You worry to much that collar will hold her she doesn't possess enough power to break it." There was a long sigh before the guard spoke again. "Just make sure she is gone by noon." There was a moments pause before she heard foot steps and a shadow darkened the door.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Listening in to the conversation between a man who was probably the sheriff and the reprehensible 'Grack', Sara learned that she had until noon tomorrow to intervene. Well, she could intervene after but that would certainly put her in conflict with the orc. While she would love to kick his ass, he hadn't technically done anything illegal, and she supposed she shouldn't just fight him for being a royal ass.

The conversation between the two men wound down, and not wanting to be discovered, she remained in the shadows and used her form of the swarm power to change into a swarm of benign insects that started crawling up the wall and onto the roof of the structure. The better to stay out of sight until she could find the succubus.

form of the swarm: insects! 5 EP

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

OOC!
Clever gain 1xp

Sara felt her form shift into a crawling mass of insects making the bitter chill of the night all the more noticeable. Still she managed to disperse enough that the orc failed to see her though maybe guided by her earlier thoughts one of the flies she had turned into flew into the orcs noise causing him to grunt and sneeze in surprise. Reforming she found herself next to the jail with the light in the sheriffs office going out.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Woot!
Barely suppressing a chuckle at the fly going up the orc's nose, it was time now to find the succubus. She would barely peek inside first to see if there was anyone up and about, or anything obvious that might alert someone to her presence before deciding to go inside and look for the woman.

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Jail seemed mostly dark though a low burning fire could be seen as Sara opened the door. Looking about she noticed a single guard with keys asleep at his desk a nasty looking blade at the ready should something disturb him. For the most part the open bunkhouse was well kept converted slave cages had been placed in the structure serving as jail cells. Most where empty save one at the back and out of direct sight from the guard the only clue was the glowing runes on the collar.

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sara decided it was worth the risk, and attempted to tiptoe past the guard.

If she made it to the succubus' cell, she would converse in a whisper. "Psst...you awake?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The woman looked up at Sara her yellow eyes clearly seen in the darkened room. "Guess the collar didn't stop all my powers. Free me servant."

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sara winced visibly at the succubus' words. Less than friendly or innocent. "That's a negative. Sorry but your powers are in fact blocked, and that attitude is definitely not going to make me come around to your side." A wane smile touched her lips and she continued. "So let's talk, Miss, what did you do to wind up here?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Sara spoke the woman seemed to sulk more. "Why do you care? Im just a succubus a demon a vile creature." As the woman spoke a feeling of Deja vu over came Sara. "But you are far more pleasant company than that half wit orc and far better looking so I'll humor you. I have a bounty on my head for seducing a noble lord and robbing him blind."

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Well let's just say I like to meet new people." The sense of deja vu that hit her was weird, she didn't know where that came from. Unless...it did sort of remind her of how her first encounter with Asha went.

Sara couldn't help a smirk when the succubus told her about what she had done. "Yes, I imagine that could land a girl in trouble. So, what's your name? It's either that or I make one up, and trust me, you don't want that."

After giving the succubus time to answer, she thought up another question. "So tell me, have you ever been to Endus?"

OP
ranger

ranger

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Please like I would go to that ruin." The succubus looked away a moment as if thinking on something. "You can call me Aya for now not that it will matter." The succubus looked back at Sara. "Strange place to meet people isn't it?"

sturm

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Oh well, it had been worth it to ask at least. Shrugging, Sara cocked her head at the succubus' remark. "Aya. That's a pretty name, but what do you mean it won't matter? And strange is rather subjective. I actually met and made a great friend in a jail not unlike this at all." After a moment's thought she asked, "So, what happens when that orc takes you back to the noble?"