Seeker of the Lost (orcha) GMed by dragoon93041

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Seeker of the Lost (orcha) GMed by dragoon93041

Alira: HP = 57, PP = 58, EP = 45 CP: 36 Status: Fine

Ahael grinned. "Your race still has that problem, huh? You might as well be enslaved by us." The skin on his cock was smooth and Alira's lips easily moved back and forth. He sighed in pleasure and let Alira work until he frowned. "You, however, need a lot more experience." He guided Alira's head with his claws, sometimes harshly. Then he grabbed her head and held it firm as he came, spewing much too much cum into the night elf's mouth. "Well, that's the start." He flips Alira over, resting her stomach on the stone chairs. "You know what? I think I'm going to let the little slut keep her virginity. I'm going to make sure the occasion when I take it is special. But it'd be a shame to simply end on this note." His claw traced its way from the bottom of Alira's slit to her other hole. "Yeah, this will do nicely. How about it, slut, do you have any problems?" His claw dipped into her pussy, then used the lubrication to stick it into her asshole.

CP will stand for Corruption. 5 CP from goblin's orgasm, (8 CP Damage + 8 Fetish + 5 Sensitive)*1.5 =31

Last edited:

orcha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Lost in a frenzy of lust, Alira moaned as she took the demon's cock deeper and deeper into her mouth. She was no stranger to sex, but she had no experience with anything even close to the size of Ahael. The depravity of her actions just inflamed her further, and the elf did her best to pleasure the demon, slurping messily on his dick even as she listened to his degrading comments. The rational part of her hated him for the insults, and hated herself even more for giving in to this insane lust, but that reasonable voice was barely a whisper in her mind, drowned out by the wanton craving ravaging her body.

When Ahael's clawed hands gripped her head, Alira didn't resist. As the demon began to move her head roughly, she opened her mouth wider and tried accommodate the huge girth as best she could. She gagged more than a few times, but the hard treatment did nothing to lessen her wild desire. Soon enough, she felt the demon stiffen and shudder. Eagerly, the debauched thief clamped her lips tightly around the cock in her mouth. Oh gods... what am I doing... I should... for a brief moment, some measure of lucidity returned to her thoughts, but when the first spurt of the demonic cum hit her tongue, Alira felt her mind slipping away again. The taste was sharp and bitter, but it felt somehow right to the night elf, and she swallowed as much of the load as she could, though more poured out of her mouth, marring her violet skin with obscene whitish streaks. With every new shudder of Ahael's cock, Alira felt her pussy twitch in response. By the time he finished, and moved to bend her over the stone seat, the thief was as wet as she'd ever been.

Alira felt the demon's claws rake over her pussy, with surprising gentleness and her breath quickened, and she barely listened to the demon's words. Still, when his fingers, well lubricated by her ample juices, slipped into her ass, his intentions became clear."Oh!" Alira's eyes opened in shock and a surprised yelp escaped her mouth. She'd had tried it this way once or twice before, but to take something of that size...but her lust would not be denied. As Ahael continued exploring her bottom, she began to roll her hips back, trying to draw more of the demon's claw inside her ass. "Yes..yes...anywhere... do me.. fuck me.. fuck.... me!"

As far as the corruption rolls, shouldn't the modifiers from Alira's flaws apply here? She's got the Sensitive flaw (+5 pp damage from all sources), Fetish: Demons (+8 pp damage from demons) as well as the Tainted Bloodline (1.5X corruption gain). If these apply, then the results should be:

Blowjob: (8+8+5)*1.5 = 32
Orgasm: (5+8+5)*1.5 = 27

for a total corruption of 59. Does that sound right?

PS. Alira's not a virgin, though Ahael might not know that

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Alira: HP = 57, PP = 58, EP = 45 CP: 110 Status: Fine

Ahael grinned lewdly. He stuck another claw in her, letting her stew for some time before standing up. "Alright, you slut. Time for your real reward." He grabbed her hips, lined her up, and began to push his cock in. It came slowly, very slowly, his claws preventing her from moving against it. Finally, his huge dick was inside of her. It throbbed once, then Ahael began to shake his hips, his member rocking back and forth inside of her. She could feel the energies from the demon begining to change her body. "Look at that. I just popped her cherry." Alira could tell he had noticed her body warping.

Notes from Tassadar: Orgasms only count as 5, not modified. So I adjusted the math (you can look at the previous post). And now, more corruption!

Foreplay: (9 intial + 8 Fetish + 5 Sensitive) * 1.5 = 33
Penetrative: (14 intial + 8 Fetish + 5 Sensitive) * 1.5 = 41

Duh duh duh Dah! Alira gained a level in corruption! Choose a mutation!

orcha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alira groaned as another of the demon's claws entered her asshole. She'd been reduced to begging for the monster to penetrate her, but he kept playing with her until the thief thought she'd go made.

"Alright, you slut. Time for your real reward."

Finally... flashed through Alira's feverish mind, her sense of dignity torn to shreds by the storm of desire. She sensed the head of the demon's cock brush against her lubricated ass, and eagerly, she bucked her hips upward, but was met with disappointment as the demons strong clawed hands held her hips firm. Even as she opened her lips to complain or beg or urge her unnatural lover on, he slowly pushed himself inside of her. Alira's mouth opened in a perfect "Oh" as the incredible girth of the demonic cock filled her ass. Ahael was deliberate, thrusting himself in ever so slowly, but with every inch Alira's overheated body bucked with another flare of pleasure, coming closer and closer to an ultimate peak.

"Oh..yes...faster..faster... please..." She gasped, urging the demon on with disjointed yelps and screams of pleasure.I'm so close already..Along with the physical intrusion, the night elf was aware of the demon's corrupt aura reaching out for her, its influence seeming to grow stronger as Ahael sheathed himself inside of her tight ass. Any alarm she might have felt ordinarily, was brushed away by her raging lust.

With a final firm push, Ahael entered her fully, stretching Alira far more than any of her previous lovers. The last pulse of the huge cock inside her sent Alira over the edge, and with a keening cry she arched her back up off the stone seat, her whole body twitching around the demon's dick as she came. As she convulsed in toe-curling pleasure, Alira felt the corrupting magic of Ahael assault her being, and she sensed something deep within her give, but she was far past caring. The demon didn't wait for her to finish, and started thrusting his hips forward, his balls slapping against the elfs leaking pussy. Even as Alira recovered from her release, she could feel another orgasm building within her, much quicker than was normal for her. She was looking forward to it already.

"Oh gods... I'm going to come again... what are you doing to me? Keep going... keep fucking...me!"

Alira gains the Multi-Orgasmic mutation. As well as an additional 5 corruption, correct?

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Alira: HP = 57, PP = 58, EP = 45 CP: 149 CL: 1 Status: Fine

"You'll figure it out later!" Ahael kept thrusting, once almost pulling his cock completely out before shoving it in fully. Another orgasm hit Alira, then another. Ahael didn't show any signs of slowing, even as Alira came a fourth time. Then his cock began tightening. "Astok?" "No." "Alright." He came, filling her completely. Her stomach bulged from the sheer amount of cum he realeased. Then he withdrew and the demon's cum trickled out of Alira as she had her fifth orgasm.

He slapped her ass and said "A few more sessions and maybe you'll be something to show off. So, Astok, your orders?" Astok said something but in another language and Alira was in no state to try and figure it out. What she did notice, however, was that Ahael's features were refining and his body got a little larger and more muscular. She recovered her strength and wits far quicker than normal, however. The water's energies worked its magic on her body. When she recovered, she saw Ahael was gone.

"Well, that went well. One good thing about having you as a slave: I don't need to keep finding women for Ahael." Alira could tell Astok was satisfied when he didn't give her orders for a whole fifteen minutes (or so she judged). Then he said "Ahael has found the way out. He's also found some additional treasure for me. Since I can't use it, you'll have to do. Hmmm... you know, while Ahael is capable, he can't do everything. Tell you what, I'll actually give you a choice: Do you want to keep exporing here or shall we leave this foul place?"

CL is going to stand for Corruption Level unless you want it to be kept track of on your character sheet.
25 CP total from Alira's 5 orgasms and 5 from Ahael's orgasm.
Penetration 1: (12 PP + 8 Fetish + 5 Sensitive) * 1.5 = 33
Penetration 2: (14 PP + 8 Feitsh + 5 Sensitive) * 1.5 = 36
Penetration 3: (17 PP + 8 Feitsh + 5 Sensitive) * 1.5 = 40
Total: 139 CP

orcha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alira moaned in time with Ahael's thrusts, shuddering helplessly with each new burst of pleasure. When another orgasm claimed her, she twitched erotically around the demon's cock, lost to the pleasure completely. By the time the demon filled her ass with his load, she was almost insensate from the unrelenting lustful delight. She felt him shudder and release inside of her, and she came one last time, wailing in mindless ecstasy.

Hazily, Alira felt the demon pull out of her, leaving behind a sudden emptiness inside her. She almost groaned with disappointment, but she was too worn out even for that. She barely sensed the contemptuous slap Ahael bestowed upon her ass, as she lay awash in the afterglow of her orgasms, the demon's cum leaking out of her, washed away by the pool's gentle waters. She barely heard Ahael as he and Astok conversed in some unfamiliar language.

Slowly her awareness began to come back, helped by the healing energy of the pool. And with it a growing horror at the realization of what she had allowed the demon to do to her. No..I didn't just allow it.. I encouraged him...Oh gods!

Alira abruptly sat up on the stone seat, looking around wildly for Ahael, but finding the room empty. What happened? How could I have... I've never felt anything like that.. I've never... For a moment, she felt the beginnings of another wave of arousal as she recalled her debasement at the hands of Ahael, but she chased the thought away in disgust. No! Get a hold of yourself! Her glance fell on the bracer on her bare arm. You bastard...

In a rush, Alira jumped back in the pool, and quickly waded over to her gear, being careful to keep the bracer above the water's surface. The rejuvenating waters restored the last of her strength, and washed away the last traces of the demon's cum from her body. Climbing out of the pool, she quickly began to redress, her arms shaking from barely held back anger as he pulled her leathers back on. Astok began to speak to her, but she fully ignored the spirit as she secured her weapons to her side once more.

"Do you want to keep exploring here or shall we leave..."

"Shut up." Alira cut through the monologue, spitting out each word. "I've played along with your sick delusions of grandeur, but that was obviously a mistake. I'm done listening to an ancient dead maniac stuck in a bracer. I'm getting out of here, and the first thing I'm doing is figuring out how to get you the hell away from me. Until then, shut up unless you have something useful to contribute like, the way out. You need me a lot more than I need you. And if you bring that....that vile pet of yours back here, he'll get a dagger to the throat for his troubles."

Not waiting for a reply, Alira headed toward the exit of the room, intending to take the first passage that seemed like it was headed for the surface.

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Astok was silent for some time. Then he spoke again, in a tone of insurfferable smugness. "You are right. It was a mistake to wait this long. You see, I've been trying to siphon your energy ever since you put me on. I've found out, it's not that easy. I was only able to drain a minimal amount. But when you were distracted by Ahael, your mental defences dropped. You didn't notice because of the healing energies of the pool but I drained quite a bit out of you. So now I've got a little power back. Less than one percent of my pervious power but it's enough to make life very unpleasent for you. Like so." The bracelet began to glow dark, somehow. The light around it was sucked in. Then a bolt of black lightning lanced out, striking the wall. When the dust cleared, the wall had a foot deep gap.

"Now, I'm going to let you pretend to be in charge. But when I give my orders, you better be ready to follow them. Understand, slave?" While they had been talking, Alira found the passageways marked by a rune that glowed red hot. Following it, she came to an abrupt stop. There was a tiled room in front of her but what drew her eyes was a message inscribed on the rock. "The guard said twelve and the soldier said six and he was let in. The guard said six and the mercenary said three and entered. The guard said ten and the spy said five and was slain. What should he have said?" As she read the riddle, a blue area glowed below the message. Poking it, she found she could trace a symbol into it. If only she could figure out the riddle...

In the same method as before, Ahael had left a message. "Good luck." On the other side of the room, there was a chest with gold hinges. Alira doubted it was actual gold but Astok had said there was a treasure as well.

So, riddle time! I've set up three spoiler for you. Each one gives an increasingly helpful hint. The fourth one is the answer.
The numbers don't matter as you would think.
It's something other than the numerical quality of the numbers.
Look at the spelling of each number.
The word is the answer, not the number. Twelve has six letters, six has three. The spy should have said three.

orcha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alira watched Astok's display, still shaking from rage.

"Now, I'm going to let you pretend to be in charge. But when I give my orders, you better be ready to follow them. Understand, slave?" Came the voice of the spirit, dripping with self-satisfaction.

After a moment Alira began to laugh, loudly. All of her anger and fear burst forth in mirth, and she let it take her, grateful for the release.

"Oh this is too rich! What was that supposed to do, Astok?" She looked down at the bracer at her arm, still chuckling, a mixture of loathing and amusement in her eyes. "I saw an entire city destroyed, do you think you rearranging some brickwork would frighten me? What are you going to do, maim me and strand yourself down here again?"

Alira started down the passageway once more, conversing with the bracer almost casually. "So you got one percent of your power back? Congratulations, Astok!" The elf's sarcasm was evident as she continued in a mocking tone "Say, remind me again how things ended up for you when you had the full use of your powers? Hmm, oh yeah, you ended up stuck in a bracer, left behind in some forgotten dungeon. And not a very nice bracer at that. I wonder what will happen to you this time, oh mighty Astok?" She lowered her voice to a stage whisper "My bet is on a copper ring tossed into a privy! But by all means, continue with the posturing and hollow threats!"

Alira's progress down the passage brought her to the riddle room. Reading the message inscribed on the stone, Alira paused and considered for a moment, before confidently inscribing the symbol for "three" in on the glowing rock.

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Why you little-!" More lightning lanced out, ripping through the stone. "Respect your betters! I am Astok, the Black Soul! And I will not be insulted by a creature of a dying race!" However... what Alira noticed was that the damage didn't 'take'. Although Astok did not seem to notice, the destruction he was causing faded within seconds. Eventually, he seemed to notice and the lightning stopped suddenly. There was a long silence, then the shine faded from the bracelet. Alira got the feeling she was alone for the time.

When she entered the answer, the square blocks making up half of the room all suddenly grew spikes that would have skewered her if she had been standing on one of them. The blocks turned and shifted, as if as a huge puzzle box, when Alira saw that not all of the blocks had grown spikes. Within a minute, a path had been laid bare before her. There was a click and the chest opened, revealing a small pile of silver.

Alira gains 32 denarii.

Following the path, Alira saw natural light ahead and eventually she emerged from the depths into a small temple-like structure. There was a small pool in front of her and the doors were barred from the inside. Opening them showed that Alira was in a lightly wooded area. She was able to see the start of the wasteland maybe a mile away. Getting to the last town she had left wouldn't be much of a trek from here.

Then she heard something move behind her. A humanoid figure, slightly shorter than Alira, was watching her. Its skin was the same red color Ahael's had been but it was smooth and the figure was not nearly as ugly. Its cock was the same size as before though. It grinned and said "I'll be seeing you later." Then it disappeared in a puff of oily black smoke.

Out of curiosity, how many hints did you need?

Also, you gain 4 experience!

orcha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alira gathered up the coins and moved on, feeling satisfied by Astok's inglorious retreat. She continued up the sloping passage, and soon felt a gentle breeze of fresh air coming from further ahead. Hurrying her steps, excited at the prospect of leaving the dank dungeon, the thief soon emerged into a small, ruined temple. Light filtered in through high empty windows, motes of ancient dust dancing in the air. Alira let out a sigh of relief, never happier to see the daylight.

Edging around the central pool, Alira approached one of the doors, lifting the large bar after a brief struggle. She pushed against the doors, and with a protest from the rusted hinges, they swung open, leaving a clear path before her.

Just as she was about to take a step, Alira sensed a presence behind her. Spinning around quickly, a dagger already in her hand, she found herself facing down Ahael once more. No, thats not him, that bastard was ugly as sin, this one is more handsome. Or is it the same one...? She felt another rising tide of arousal as her eyes roamed over the demons naked form, drawn to his lewdly displayed cock. With an effort of will, Alira squelched her unnatural desire, and prepared to defend herself.

The demon made no move toward her though, simply grinning at her wolfishly. Alira moved one hand toward her crossbow, but before she had a chance to level it, the creature's grin widened.

"I'll be seeing you later."

In a blink, the demon vanished, leaving behind only wisps of oily black smoke. Alira waited, tensed for some trick, but eventually relaxed. "I'm counting on it, you bastard." she muttered, sheathing her weapons, and walking out into the daylight, headed for the nearest town.

I've ran into the same riddle before, so fortunately this time I did not need any hints. But thank you for providing them, it would have been frustrating to get stuck!

Last edited:
OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Alira got back to the town fine. Astok gave her no trouble though several of the townsfolk gave the obsidian bracer an odd look. After resting and resupplying, which cost her 3 denarii, Alira is ready to go. The shine had returned to the bracer but Astok hasn't said or done anything yet. The road is open but... where does Alira decide to go? She had heard rumors of a decimated town that she could probably pick through but there might be some of the creations of the invaders about. Then there was the info of a haunted graveyard infested with undead that had been a problem for a local community for some time. Or she could try to head back to somewhere more populated and get some more information.

orcha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alira stretched, feeling reinvigorated after her rest. She glanced at the dark bracer on her arm, her unwelcome companion remaining silent since their last confrontation. "Still not talking? Good." Alira smiled.

The thief considered her options. She did need to get more information on her affliction, but given Astok's recent silence and rather embarrassing recent failure, that perhaps was not as urgent as she had thought. While she was resting, she overheard the locals speaking in hushed tones about a nearby graveyard, whispering of curses and the undead. Deciding to find out more, Alira set out to find the local authorities, intending to ask about the nature and source of the troubles at the cemetery.

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It took Alira a few weeks but she eventually arrived at her target destination. The town, she noticed, had erected wooden walls and gates when a spiked ring to deter attackers. Luckily, she had arrived during the day. It might have been dangerous for her to arrive at night. Despite the sun shining above, the air was cold and a damp, chill mist filled the air. A shutter in the gate opened as she arrived, then closed and the gate was opened. A man in chain mail bearing a sword in one hand and the symbol of Avedel in the other approached her. He waved the symbol in the air once, then again. He placed the symbol back ground his neck, with a length of cord to hold it there, and made a sign. The gates closed behind him, leaving the warrior and Alira outside. "What does a night elf bearing a dark artifact want with our town? Speak quickly." The man was wearing a iron cap with a face guard so Alira couldn't tell what he looked like.

orcha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alira glanced down at the naked sword the man was holding, his fingers tight and stiff on the hilt. This one is nervous... best not to push him too much.

Clearly there was no use denying Astok's presence or nature, so Alira decided that the truth would be her best approach. Still, as she spoke, she kept a wary distance from the armed man.

"Well, you've got me on the "dark elf" thing, but as far as the dark artifact, I wouldn't say I'm bearing it. More like I'm stuck with it until I figure out a way to get rid of it, or destroy it. As to what I'm doing here - I heard you town was having some graveyard troubles. I thought I'd offer my help. But if you don't want it, I'm happy to move on, and leave you to it."

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The warrior was silent for a minute. Then he rose his hand. The gates opened slowly and he gestured. "You will be allowed to enter and we shall give you as much information as we can about the problem. However, I will be with you at all times." He removes his helmet, his pointed ears appearing as he did so. The elf sheathed his blade but his hand never strayed far from the hilt. Alira found he was keeping himself right within the distance he could attack from at a moment's notice. Then a voice echoed in her head. ("Well now, this is certainly a volatile situation. He would probably strike at the slightest twitch from me."

orcha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alira relaxed slightly as the gates slowly swung open, and the elf sheathed his sword. Well that was smoother than I expected...

Just then, Astok's voice, silent for so long, reentered her mind.

"Well now, this is certainly a volatile situation. He would probably strike at the slightest twitch from me."

Alira rolled her eyes. "I was doing so well without you..." she muttered to her bracer. She raised her voice, addressing her elf escort.

"Hold on a minute... what's your name? I'm Alira by the way... Listen, this "dark artifact" contains the soul of a right bastard, some long dead sorcerer. He's more of an annoyance than anything." Alira recalled the details of her encounter with Ahael, but thought it best to not bring that up just now. "Still, he's threatening to provoke you right now, so please don't do anything rash, OK? I'm here to help I promise."

Alira's eyes strayed to the warrior's medallion, and an idea formed in her head. "Speaking of help, if that thing there could detect this thing, do you have someone here who could help me get rid of this thing? A favor for a favor?"

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

The elf looked bemused and Alira could feel Astok's jaw falling open as she cut his legs out from under him. There was some sputtering followed by a shallow retreat. He wasn't about to give up but she had won this round... probably. "I see..." The elf looked at her, trying to gauge the truth behind her words. "People around here call me Cal." His stance didn't relax but he seemed more thoughtful. "I don't know. It's powerful and after our priest was killed in the second wave, I'm the most powerful in magic left. I was always very good at examining spell structure, though.."

He motioned to examine it and ran his fingers over the bracer, jerking back as a tiny bolt of black lightning shot out and zapped his fingers. He studied the bracer for another minute. Then he shook his head. "I can't do it. You'd need someone substantially more powerful. It would also be very dangerous. The spirit inside the vessel managed to somehow use the spell binding him to bind himself to you. To get him off, you'd have to counter the binding magic. That would be an epic feat in of itself. However, that is not the real danger. Dispelling the binding magic would release him. If he is dangerous enough for this kind of magic to be used to trap him, I don't know if you'd find someone willing to even risk it."

While they talked, Cal had lead Alira to the largest building in the area. The homes nearby had been fortified a little (the windows were covered in planks, the doors reinforced with small pieces of iron) but it was clear that if the undead broke through, this place would be where they would make their last stand. The doors had frames of iron and the windows had iron bars crisscrossing them. Small holes had been made in the walls on the second floor for archers. Cal strode forth to knock twice, then three times, then twice again. The doors were opened and Cal lead Alira in. The home had a large hall with a table taking up the center. However, only two men were in the room. Both looked exhausted. "Cal, who is this?" "Her name is Alira, she says she's come to aid us." The men looked at her expectantly.

orcha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Alira listened to Cal's explanation, offering up her bracer for the brief examination without complaint. On hearing the elf's bad news, her spirits flagged slightly. Damn... looks like I'm stuck with this thing for a while... Alira sighed, and moved to follow Cal, but stopped short as a sudden idea made her eyes glint with a mischievous light. Unless... unless I make him want to leave me alone! How? Something to think about. She filed away the thought for later consideration and hurried to catch up with her escort.

As the pair moved through the streets, Alira took in the view, and old habits resurfaced as she automatically started casing her surroundings. But even her trained eyes could find no likely mark amongst the deserted streets - the place was desolate and oppressing, the shuttered doors and windows pressing in from every side. Alira suppressed an involuntary shiver. These people are in real trouble... this isn't just some minor graveyard problem...

Arriving at their destination, Alira followed Cal inside the heavily fortified building, and let him introduce her to the two occupants, giving them a friendly wave.

"Hello", she said as she looked the two men over, "Cal's right, I came here with the intention of helping out if I could. I won't lie to you, I'm not here just out of the goodness of my heart - I was expecting to make something on the deal. But this..." Alira waved her hand back toward the door, "this looks more serious than I thought. Why don't you tell me what happened, and we can decide how to proceed."

OP
dragoon93041

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

There was a brief silence, then one of the men began speaking. He looked... damaged. His face was heavily creased and several scars that spoke of haste and little effort covered his head. In some patches, his hair had just refused to grow back. His hand was gnarled and looked like it had been broken a few too many times. "You're right. It isn't normal. The first wave were just regular skeletons. We have a few veterans here." He looked proud "The bones didn't stand a chance. We sent word for some help then. Apparently, our first messenger didn't make it." He mumbled something, then continued "The next night, the skeletons came back but were different. The bones were red and when we broke them, splinters shot out. That time some of us were injured but we still won. Then things got worse. Skeletons and foul sacks of pus that charged forward. If we even touched those things, they'd explode, showering us with some kind of acid. We were overconfident and if Cal hadn't shown up, there wouldn't be anything left."

He ran his hand over some of the more nasty scars, one of which Alira recognized as an acid burn. "That was our wake up call. We dug in. We have a few men capable of magic, not battle magic, though. What you might call support magic. They managed to get this place fortified. By the time they did, we had fought two more waves. We finally got a messenger out and the walls have been holding. For now. I swear I saw some kind of beast or a corpse of one attempt to climb it last night. We need someone to get to the crypt and take out whoever is making these things. Can you do that?". If she agreed, Alira would be given some basic supplies, as well as gear for adventuring like a grappling hook, rope, and other useful tools. Cal stayed with her the entire time, never letting her out of his sight.

Between the town and the graveyard, according to the map she had been given, was a few miles of grassland. The graveyard was huge; there had been a battle once long ago and when peace was arranged, the graveyard was constructed to hold the bodies. It had fallen into disrepair over time, rarely used. The town wasn't large enough to generate more than a trickle of corpses. The area was surrounded by an iron gate and there was a large crypt where a noble of some sort had been buried. A rather aged diviner had managed to pinpoint that as the location of powerful energies. So, how will Alira travel?

Last edited:

orcha

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Listening to the disfigured man's account, Alira's face grew grim. Definitely not a simple graveyard problem...another ancient tomb, another buried "noble"... a coincidence? Stop it! Not everything in the world is Astok's fault, even if he is a rare bastard.

"We need someone to get to the crypt and take out whoever is making these things. Can you do that?"

Alira nodded. "Well, I not a saint, but I'd have to be having a very bad day to just walk away and leave you like this.Look, I can go and take a look at this crypt, see what I can find. If there is something there, I'll do what I can to end it, but don't expect any suicidal heroics. Those will cost you extra."

Nodding at the two men, she followed Cal to the armory and storage area. As she began collecting and organizing the proffered supplies, she found herself looking at the reserved elf. "So, how did you end up here? I mean I came looking for a quick profit, fool that I am. But you give off more of a "honor before gold" impression to me."

Coiling her new rope around her slim waist, and securing the grappling hook at her belt, Alira asked Cal to lead her back to the gates. Her thief training had left her with a perfect memory of the path, but there was no reason to let the elf know that, and he did seem determined to not let her out of his sight within the walls. As she walked by his side, a new and unpleasant thought struck her. Astok's been quiet... and I'm taking his sorry hide to a place with a lot of dark magic... Mulling this over, she continued on with her guide, until they were once more at the city gates.

"Listen, Cal... when I get back, do me a favor and take another look at this thing" Alira waved her bracer around. "I don't want to bring something back with me without knowing about it." With that, she left the elf and the city behind her.

Looking at the map, she couldn't see any natural obstacles in the grasslands between herself and the graveyard. She headed straight for it, doing her best to stay inconspicuous and out of sight, making what use she could of the sparse cover. She stayed alert for any signs of danger, intending to plan out her approach to the noble's crypt in detail once she could take stock of the situation at the graveyard.