What's new

Scourge of the Silver Marches

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Scourge of the Silver Marches

*generic continuation post #3*

Oh thaaat fourth wall, why didn't you say so :)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Ogre's already dead.)

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Tod clutches his wound and hisses again, hoping his robe stops some of the bleeding. He takes a defensive stance, waiting for some sort of opening to get out of melee with the lizard.

(Use "Total Defense" action.
Total Defense
You can defend yourself as a standard action. You get a +4 dodge bonus to your AC for 1 round. Your AC improves at the start of this action. You can’t combine total defense with fighting defensively or with the benefit of the Combat Expertise feat (since both of those require you to declare an attack or full attack). You can’t make attacks of opportunity while using total defense. )

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"I said pick on someone else ya weak little garter snake." Holi says with a shout as he proceeds to attempt to cut the vampire to ribbons with his axe.

"Don't worry Tod we'll help you out after we take care of this wee beasty."

(Full two handed attack on lizardman vampire.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

1d20+13+4+1+1 = 19+13+4+1+1 = 38 vs DC16 = success

Carella slams into the lizard, knocking it to the ground with her wrapped around it.

1d20+12+2+2+1 = 12+12+2+2+1+1 = 32 vs DC24 = hit
1d8+4+2+8 = 3+4+2+8 = 17 damage

Trex charges at the lizard, calling out to Lathander, and slashing at it. His attack lands solidly, and the creature hisses in pain and anger.

1d20+13+1+1 = 13+13+1+1 = 28 vs DC24 = hit
1d20+13+1+1 = 4+13+1+1 = 19 vs DC24 = miss
1d20+6+1+1 = 3+6+1+1 = 11 vs DC24 = miss
1d10+10 = 8+10 = 18 damage

Holi also slashes at the creature, hoping to kill it, and his attack lands solidly, but the creature does not yet disintegrate. He slashes again, and again, but it rolls itself out of the way of both attacks.

1d20+10+1+1 = 13+10+1+1 = 25 vs DC14 = hit
1d20+10+1+1 = 19+10+1+1 = 31 vs DC14 = hit
1d20+5+1+1 = 11+5+1+1 = 18 vs DC14 = hit
1d8+4+2+1d6 = 5+4+2+6 = 11-5 + 6-5 = 7 damage
1d8+4+2+1d6 = 4+4+2+3 = 10-5 + 3-5 = 5 damage
1d8+4+2+1d6 = 4+4+2+4 = 10-5 + 4-5 = 5 damage

Bolm, believing that the rest of the group had things well in hand, goes after the remaining zombie. His morningstar hammers into it twice, doing damage but not destroying it.

The zombie tries to return in kind, but its attack is blocked by Bolms shield. The vampire, sensing the danger to itself, takes its gaseous form and flees. It slips past all of them and moves quickly toward the entrance.

Tod dodges out of the way of the fleeing mist, but the vampire wishes only to escape.

(6 more rounds. Vampire is fleeing, zombies at 17 damage.)

Last edited:

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Carella chases the vampire, "Don't you dare... run away...!" She swings at it with all her strength.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

*generic continuation post*

*breaks the fourth wall*

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Tod assists Carella in trying to subdue the gaseous vampire, chanting and trying to touch the vapors.

(Cast touch of fatigue on the vampire cloud thing)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Carella swings at the mist, but her arm passes right through it. It rises above the floor, out of reach, so Tods spell can't reach it and quickly slips through a crack in the ceiling and disappears. Bolm finishes off the last zombie, and the group gathers in the center of the room to wait for the rest of their party.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well drat now what are we going to do, we can't exactly go in after him at least not very quickly." Holi says looking up at the crack before he looks around the room to see what all is in it.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Carella looks at the coffin the vampire came out of, then tries to smash what remained of it out of anger

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

"That's actually a good idea... a vampire without a coffin is as good as dead." Tod nods, taking out his morningstar and helping to bash the coffin.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Works fer me," Holi says joining in the smashing of the coffin.

"Though who's to say he doesn't have another somewheres?" After the coffin is smashed he checks the room out to see if there's anything hidden.

(Search check, after bashing the coffin.)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Will post soon, cleaning.)

1d20+2 = 2+2 = 4 vs DC20 = fail
1d20+1 = 8+1 = 9 vs DC20 = fail
2d6 = 5+2 = 7 damage
2d8+9+2 = 7+4+9+2 = 22

Smashing the remains of the opened coffin, you find that the inside was simple wood with nothing of worth inside. Smashing the other coffin, however, wasn't such a good idea. The chamber quickly fills with a green, choking, burning fog. The group quickly piles out of the room back into the passage they came in from, but not before the acidic substance does some damage. The fog dissipates just after the rest of the group arrives. Bolm, seeing how badly injured Tod is, casts a powerful healing spell on him, hoping to keep him from collapsing. (Cure moderate wounds)
Seeing the greenish fog, Aramil merely nods to Trex, and asks; "What did you find?" Trex responds; "Undead, another vampire lizardfolk and the risen corpses of the rest of the orcs tribe. All destroyed. The other vampire fled, so we destroyed its coffin, but that set off this trap."

(Everyone in the cave takes 7 acid damage. Tod is healed for 22 hit points. Will let you guys do most of the dialogue.)

1d20+1+4 = 20+1+4 = automatic success
1d20+2 = 1+2 = automatic failure
1d20+2 = 3+2 = 5 vs DC20 = failure
1d20+11 = 10+11 = 21 vs DC20 = success
1d20+2 = 9+2 = 11 vs DC25 = fail
1d20+2 = 11+2 = 13 vs DC25 = fail
1d20+2 = 8+2 = 10 vs DC25 = fail

After the fog dissipates, the group searches through the chamber and the side chamber. In the coffin that set off the trap, Bolm finds the device that released the gas, as well as a large leather sack. Looking into it cautiously, he finds an axe, as well as quite a bit of coin, and a few other seemingly valuable trinkets. He lifts the axe, and sensing its magic, swings it at the air. It bursts into flames as it does so, and laughing, he hands it to Holi; "This should be reward enough for ye!"

Aramil too finds something, pulling a secret door open, and revealing another small chamber with a pair of chests and some items sitting on a boulder on the far side, and shouts for the rest of the group, not wanting to touch anything else in fear of setting off another trap.

(Holi gets +2 flaming dwarven waraxe. Group has gained 1000 gp each, in coin and minor pretty items that I'm too lazy to describe in any detail. Everyone gets another 1000 xp. Jumped the gun.)

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

After the gas has cleared from the room Holi returns to his search as the other's do the same. As he's looking at the far side of the wall from the door, his eyes light up. "Well look what we have here," he says as he points out the second secret door to the others.

With a giddy smile he tests the axe out with a few swings, "Aye thank ye it has a wonderful balance too it." He says as he switches it out with his old axe which he stows in his pack."

"Well let's finish looking through this room before we look in there." Looking at the two sorcerors, "Do either of you have a safer way of checking that room for traps? If not I'll check it out."

(Am I missing some XP somewheres 1000 more only put's me at 19000, which won't level me up.)

Last edited:

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

I can check the room for magic, but that's about it. If there are a few non-magical traps in here I won't see them. Granth says before using a quick word and gesture to draw mana into his eyes. Then, taking advantage of the spell, he looks over the two new rooms for anything that radiates a magical aura.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Malacet just shrugs as she watches Granth scan the room. "Nothing else I can do that he isn't already." She says quietly.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Granth detects the residual magic from the trap in the coffin, but no magic anywhere else besides in the two chests in the first secret room (the one Aramil found,) and some magic in the large oak wardrobe revealed as Holi pulls the secret secret door open. Aramil begins examining the items on the rocks, and finds them to be four scroll cases and a pair of full bottles. The labels on the bottles read "Southern Fine Red Dragon Whiskey" in Elven. Searching both rooms for conventional traps, the groups find nothing.

(2 chests and a wardrobe, magic detected in both. No traps in the room. Party gets 2 bottles of dragon whiskey and 4 so far unidentified scrolls.)

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Pass the scrolls here, I'll see what I can glean of them." Malacet says, studying them intently as the rest of the group continues with the search.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

If you can't tell what they are, I'll take a look at them next. Also, whoever is opening the chests and wardrobe should be careful: there seems to be some magic in them. It could be the contents, but it might be a trap. I really can't tell more than that. Granth says.