Sarah (thetwo)

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Sarah (thetwo)

"Drunk, I guess." he says, looking around as they reach another intersection, testing the floor again with his feet before making a turn and continuing along the hallway.

"Did I ask your name? I can't remember."

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarah sighs, already having to remind herself that he did rescue her. And indeed seemed likely to lead her out of this place.

"My name is Sarah. And I'm not going to call you 'drunk'. I will call you 'Al', if you don't object."

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yeah, that's fine." Al replies, not paying too too much attention to her, turning again at the intersections easily.

"Shit..." he says when they arrive at a new intersection.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarah hefts her axe and looks around, afraid that the slavers have somehow caught up with them.

"What!?"

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"I don't remember this part of the dungeon, parts of it seem new. We'll have to backtrack and go another way." he says, starting to turn around.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh, that's right. You said parts of it change..."

Sarah continues to follow the man, slightly less confidently then before. She wonders if enough of the dungeon hasn't changed to let Al find the way out. Or what risks they might have to take because the safe routes have simply disappeared.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yeah, it'll be fine though, I know another way that should be saf-" he cuts himself off here, as all of a suddenly, what seems to be hundreds of rope coils fall from the ceiling, landing around them.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh, fucking hell."

Sarah whispers, freezing in place.

That's a lot of ropes... and the chances that they aren't animated are low. Fuck. Not much chance they didn't see us - or smell me, at least - but maybe we'll get lucky and they'll think we're gone...

She felt herself coloring slightly at the thought of being bound up again so soon after her rescue, but at least there didn't seem to be any slavers about...

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The ropes start to form into a large rope demon, a huge one in fact, as it has a grin on it's face spotting Sarah. Al looked ready to leap into battle, though. "We should probably flee, I know another way around, probably."

===
Lvl. 2 Demon o' Ropes: 9/9 HP

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Probably? You're not inspiring confidence in me right now..."

Sarah sized up the rope demon. On the one hand, she had an axe, and if one was looking to cut a rope that wasn't currently binding somebody, one could hardly ask for a better weapon. On the other hand, Al had managed to beat up a bunch of slavers, and he seemed to think flight was a better idea. And it was a pretty big demon...

Sarah started backing away, not wanting to draw it with sudden movements, but ready to run if it attacked.

"Fuck it, I'm ready to run when you are..."

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarah tries to flee, Al quickly following her lead, but sadly for Sarah, her legs were grabbed by the ropes without her notice. And although Al had managed to escape the grasp, running past her, he turns around when he notices Sarah was trapped. Launching himself towards the demon to try and free her, but missing.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarah feels the rope curl around her ankle, but she doesn't have time to react before her flight is brought to a sudden halt, and it's all she can do to keep from banging her head into the floor. She curses, and is about to yell for Al when she notices that he's already coming. That taken care of, she turns her attention to the ropes, swinging her axe at the ones holding her legs.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

20 vs 6 crit | 18 vs 19
14 vs 13

Sarah manages to land a powerful blow on the rope demon, leaving it reeling as it whips her, entangling her again after Al just freed her. Though he attacks as well, he misses.

===
Lvl. 2 Demon o' Ropes: 7/9 HP
Sarah 5/6 FP 1/10 AP
Al 6/6 HP

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarah grunts in surprise as her blow actually connects, doing some real damage, but lets out a string of curses when the thing just grabs her a second time.

"I said let me go!"

She swings her axe again, hoping to replicate her previous results.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

22 vs 14 | 12 vs 20
21 vs 9

Sarah manages to cut herself free again, Al unable to do any damage, deciding to down a drink in his anger. Sarah tries to back up, but ends up entangled again.

===
Lvl. 2 Demon o' Ropes: 6/9 HP
Sarah 4/6 FP 1/10 AP
Al 6/6 HP

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarah grins as her second blow connects, if not as solidly as the first, and lets out an audible laugh as she sees Al drinking like he has a grudge. Unfortunately this is not a good battle tactic, and ends up nearly tripping as she is grabbed a third time.

This time she doesn't try to taunt the pile of ropes as she attacks, she just swings.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

16 vs 6 | 14 vs 11
12 vs 13

Sarah manages to cut herself free again as Al lands a solid hit on the demon, sending it stumbling as it tries to attack again. Sarah manages to evade this time, glad for a chance to get her footing without being whipped and tied. It was looking up, she might actually win this battle.

===
Lvl. 2 Demon o' Ropes: 4/9 HP
Sarah 4/6 FP 2/10 AP
Al 6/6 HP

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sarah noticed the frayed look of the demon, and let out a sigh of relief. When the fight had started it had seemed so large that it was hard to imagine beating it, but now... things looked brighter. Of course, she and Al had defeated a rope demon once before, so maybe that wasn't unexpected. The only slight problem was that the thing - when it did connect - had the disconcerting ability to target her breasts and thighs in a way that managed to arouse her.

She tried to focus that anger into another attack, as the battle wasn't over yet.

OP
the64bitbot

the64bitbot

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

15 vs 17 | 4 vs 10
10 vs 6

Sarah suddenly found her luck turned around when both she and Al failed an attack, the demon easily whipping and ensnaring her again.

===
Lvl. 2 Demon o' Ropes: 4/9 HP
Sarah 3/6 FP 2/10 AP
Al 6/6 HP

Last edited:

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"This is getting really old!"

Sarah managed to keep her feet without much trouble, but wondered how long she'd be able to go freeing herself every time she was caught. And what would happen if she was beaten. It wasn't good for her concentration. She swung again anyway.