What's new

rules request

nonamesleft

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I have a request for rules to make this forum easier to navigate.

My suggestions:
1. Any translation that is not finished must have "WIP" in the thread title
2. Any translation patch that is not a complete translation of the full game must have "Partial" in the title
3. Only translations that are final and completely translate the game are allowed to have a designated phrase in their title that separates them from the others. Perhaps "Full translation".

The goal of these rules is to make it much easier to separate projects from finalized releases and partial patches made to just make it easier to play or demo patches vs complete narrative patches of full games. It isn't too time consuming now, but at the rate of new topics this will be a nightmare of a chore months or years from now without some ground rules.

blobzerz

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: rules request

Pretty much +1 from me; it's annoying to click [Complete English Translation] just to see someone is thinking about translating it :/

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

The section was actually supposed to have those prefixes for all the threads, kind of like how the h-games section has the [Incomplete], [Complete], etc. tags. I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, gimme some feedback on the tags you wanna see.

I was imagining the prefix tags to be more like [Partial] and [Complete], but from what I understand, you'd rather see a [In Progress] and [Finished] tag?

candyfloss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

There needs to be at least 3 different prefix tags.

"Incomplete/WIP" to describe any translation that's being worked on.
"Partial" and "Full" to describe whether the translation is a completed partial or a completed full translation.

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I believe "Finished" and "Incomplete" or "WIP" must be both added to let people know beforehand.

If only one tag can be added per thread, I think we'd need a total of four, so it can describe exactly what the whole thread is about.
Something along the lines of "WIP/Partial", "WIP/Full", "Finished/Partial", "Finished/Full" seems fitting to me.

Something that also bothered me after I made the first thread here was how I couldn't modify the title after I posted it. Made me think what I'm supposed to do when the translation finishes...

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I believe "Finished" and "Incomplete" or "WIP" must be both added to let people know beforehand.

If only one tag can be added per thread, I think we'd need a total of four, so it can describe exactly what the whole thread is about.
Something along the lines of "WIP/Partial", "WIP/Full", "Finished/Partial", "Finished/Full" seems fitting to me.

Something that also bothered me after I made the first thread here was how I couldn't modify the title after I posted it. Made me think what I'm supposed to do when the translation finishes...
Yeah, we can only add one prefix, so I think that suggestion would probably be the most comprehensive.

As for your second question...