OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: [RPG MAKER VX ACE] Dangerous Missions: Origin

Small update!

What's new:

-Overhauled combat script working (Thanks Barreytor)
-Some new, some slightly changed images when in battle
-A new grope attack
-Intro battle is now really unwinnable

As always,enjoy and give me your feedback!

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Obv I say new, though I think a bit further back, not much though

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I'd say it looks better, but that might be just me only because the outline is harder to see now.
Except the guard state image. That one looks less like "actively defending" and more like "Eeek! Stay away from me!"

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

That was kinda the idea I guess XD

In any case, ! Very barebones atm, but it's up.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Doesn't rpgmaker give you the ability to get rid of the green lines around the character when you import the image into rpgmaker?

For me, I noticed a little difference between the two versions. Without being able to see how other battles go, I cannot really say much more than that. I would like to see the in battle image used more, otherwise it ends up being a waste of space on screen.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Doesn't rpgmaker give you the ability to get rid of the green lines around the character when you import the image into rpgmaker?

For me, I noticed a little difference between the two versions. Without being able to see how other battles go, I cannot really say much more than that. I would like to see the in battle image used more, otherwise it ends up being a waste of space on screen.
it's rpgmaker that adds them unfortunately

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Every Hold - Grab - H-Attack - Altered status will have its own image, so it's going to have a ton of them. Since it's one of the game's key features and there will be so many, I decided to make them that big so the quality doesn't drop too much from the original CG captures. I can't give you a number, but it's gonna be high...certain enemies will have a ton of ways to try and hold-subdue the heroine. Leaving more space for the enemies doesn't come as too important considering that.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Odd then, I never had that issue. Though the images I put into rpgmaker are whole screens. When I used 3dcg originally I had to get rid of the 3dcg background color, when I added my images.

If you were to go into paint and save the image, it would remove transparency layers. This would possibly allow you to remove the green "aura" around the mc.

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Update: Main map for the first small town is almost done. Lacks some decoration, but everything's there.

As always, I want your feedbackz!

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

sweet looking

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Looks kinda nice. The little houses could use a bit of work I guess, just not to have them all looking the same; and probably the paths being a bit more stepped on.
Just noticed the black border around all the screens, what's up with that?

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah, I gotta work those houses and paths a little more. And about the borders, my PC keeps doing that with any RPGM game I play for some reason...I go fullscreen, I get that.

In any case, two more screenshots!

Kalafe's (Alicia's hometown) Inn. You'll be able to either rent a room for a night or buy it forever.

...And the Inn has a bath, too.

As always, thoughts, feedback and ideas are appreciated!

OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Changes, changes.I'm redoing the images for half the battle system and some of the first events. Since now I can avoid the green aura of death almost completely, I'm redoing them, and some with better - more dynamic poses. For example:

Way better than the one 0.2a uses, huh? :)

Also, sneak peak of the new H-Event. First of 5 CG's it'll have:

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Hooray for being able to (almost) remove the green aura of death!
Everything else is nice too. You might want to make the second floor of the inn slightly bigger just to make the rooms bigger and things like that.

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I decided to give 0.2a a try. I wish I had not. Everything was going fine, and the game looked interesting... until I got to the "battle".

The grope attacks seal the Attack skill, so you can do nothing: You can't attack, you can't escape, you can't struggle to free yourself from the grope, you can't surrender... At the same time the grope does not prevent you from acting, so you need to manually select the Guard command every turn, until FINALLY the four idiots manage to knock you out. In my case that took several minutes because they kept groping her instead of attacking.

Why is that battle even there, if it is meant to be unwinnable? Just add a cutscene where Alicia tries to fight the men and loses, and get it over with! No need to waste time with selecting "Guard" again and again, and again, until Alicia is knocked out.

Yes, I'm frustrated after that "battle". I hope you either remove it or change it in the next version because right now it adds nothing to the game.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I decided to give 0.2a a try. I wish I had not. Everything was going fine, and the game looked interesting... until I got to the "battle".

The grope attacks seal the Attack skill, so you can do nothing: You can't attack, you can't escape, you can't struggle to free yourself from the grope, you can't surrender... At the same time the grope does not prevent you from acting, so you need to manually select the Guard command every turn, until FINALLY the four idiots manage to knock you out. In my case that took several minutes because they kept groping her instead of attacking.

Why is that battle even there, if it is meant to be unwinnable? Just add a cutscene where Alicia tries to fight the men and loses, and get it over with! No need to waste time with selecting "Guard" again and again, and again, until Alicia is knocked out.

Yes, I'm frustrated after that "battle". I hope you either remove it or change it in the next version because right now it adds nothing to the game.
^ can you (lenneth) make it so the grope attacks inflict a cant do anything state?
edit- if they also do some damage that would prevent the lock

Last edited:

barreytor

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Why is that battle even there, if it is meant to be unwinnable? Just add a cutscene where Alicia tries to fight the men and loses, and get it over with!
I agree that the fight might be a bit drawn out (heck, in 0.2 without the a, it was actually even winnable... If you had the patience), but outright removing it might not be a great solution, since this way you can see that she's not actually strong enough to defeat them.
I'm sure a way will be found to make the fight interesting and telling while not being a "damnit kill me already" waitfest.

freeko

Banned
Reputation score

Is there a way to program the enemies to not redundantly use the grope attack?For example some way to set, if status = normal , pick 1-2, 1 being grope 2 being attack, and if status = groped, remove the ability to have a further grope attack an option.

I generally do not use the in game battle system in rpgmaker, as I write my own. Though my system simply would not apply in this instance as it would work for something like a visual novel where everything is scripted. The simple solution may possibly be that the first attack from the goon squad is a grope (that cannot be blocked?) and once groped the rest just knock her out.

I have not used 3dcg ever since I realized that daz studio was a thing, but I recall having different colored backgrounds when I saved a shot from 3dcg (I think it was pink). though like I stated in my last post you can simply make the background a single solid color one way or the other and then have rpgmaker remove that when you import the image, then save the image that was imported via paint to remove the transparency if you need to so that you can get rid of more of the green aura by making the background whatever color the aura is and importing the image into rpgmaker again. It is a possibly time consuming process, but it gets teh job done.

The black border on these screens is caused by using the default 17x13 tile map size. Change that to 20x15 and the game will scale properly in fullscreen mode to fill the entire screen. 544x416 resolution does not extrapolate out to a 4:3 ratio which would be the standard for a non widescreen display. Since the display caps at 640x480 with rpgmaker, I do not believe it is possible to (without outside scripting assistance via mods) set up the screen so that it would be completely filled on a widescreen display.

Last edited:
OP
Lenneth

Lenneth

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

First of all, sorry if the battle annoyed many of you. It's untested and it's put there as a placeholder, but don't worry, it'll be fixed on 0.3 so it's nice, quick and more interesting. I apologize having released the battle in an untested state. It'll be the last version with annoyances like that.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll fix it right away and release a 0.2b in a while. I'm really embarassed, and I hope you still want to give the game a chance once I fix that annoying system. Thank you for being honest.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

First of all, sorry if the battle annoyed many of you. It's untested and it's put there as a placeholder, but don't worry, it'll be fixed on 0.3 so it's nice, quick and more interesting. I apologize having released the battle in an untested state. It'll be the last version with annoyances like that.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience, and I'll fix it right away and release a 0.2b in a while. I'm really embarassed, and I hope you still want to give the game a chance once I fix that annoying system. Thank you for being honest.
after a certain number of turns you can end the fight with an event that looks like just another attack also if merely showing you shouldnt be able to beat them is your goal