What's new

Unknown/Hiatus [RPG Maker MV] Sexonomicon [Futa, Animation]

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Re: [RPG Maker MV] Sexonomicon [Futa, Animation]

Definitely a RAM problem; it's consuming about 2.5-3.2G for me (on a machine with 16G, so it runs just fine)

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Though I find it weird you had problems after the loading was finished. Could you tell me how much RAM your pc has? Also, your OS, if it's 32 or 64 bit.
I am running Win 7 64 bit with a Pentium i5 four core processor and 4 gigs of ram. I am fairly certain that the problem is not my computer since I can play high end games just fine, but RPG Maker MV games eat my computer for lunch.

Don't feel bad, as I said before I have only found one or two MV games that are playable and most I can't are allot less graphics intensive than yours is.

mutilador00

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

lol well I got 8 gigs of ram I usually can play mv games no problems but this one seems to crash once i go downstairs everytime:(
Probably the game is just too heavy for the average computers to run

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

mutilador00 said:
this looks good I am going to play the demo and try to give some feedback,I love lucias design and the story looks pretty interesting.Do you plan on making lucia a futa at least for one scene? that would be hot.
on a side note its nice to see someone making a game with my same taste in fetishes thank you for this.
Got you covered, probably it's not to easy to see because it's a very rough sketch but in the picture I shared with the planned scenes there is a scene with a futa Lucia ;)

kingbloo123 said:
4g ram i mean it like a 4-5 year ( when i core 3 prossesor when the nr=ew thing XD)old labtop but mv just killing it i can run Civilization V at ok setting but mv just lag my pc to no end
Darthan said:
I am running Win 7 64 bit with a Pentium i5 four core processor and 4 gigs of ram. I am fairly certain that the problem is not my computer since I can play high end games just fine, but RPG Maker MV games eat my computer for lunch.

Don't feel bad, as I said before I have only found one or two MV games that are playable and most I can't are allot less graphics intensive than yours is.
I would expect and like my game to run on computers like that, it's not like I'm making the next Crysis. It's sad MV is so badly optimized. Having said that I really want the resolution it can have, using the resolution of older RPG Makers would present a problem with the UI placing and the chasing, not to mention I'm not really sure if all the gameplay elements would be as easy to implement. :(

Today I will try to upload a lighter version, see if that helps.

kvier said:
Definitely a RAM problem; it's consuming about 2.5-3.2G for me (on a machine with 16G, so it runs just fine)
Yep, I got 16gb too and it runs fine, but I can't really expect most people to get that much RAM to play just an RPG Maker game xD (which is why I need the stresst test)
Also, I find it weird it consumes that much in your machine, I get around 1.3gb tops o_O

Legrandxav said:
On my PC no perfomance issues so far. The first loading screen is long but nothing else.

And yes, she was offscreen and that surprise me a lot!

I can go to the first floor, down the stair. No crash but when I tried to go upstair, triyng to run away from the futa, I landed on the purple area in the wall. That was funny because I could walk but could'nt access to the attic or elsewhere. However, the futa attacked if I was too close to the normal path. After the scene, I restart from the attic and all was normal.

I hope you understand me with my bad english and it an help you!

Thanks for the game!
lol, yeah, there shouldn't be a crash going to the first floor, it's just that the transitions are messed up :p

Also, no problems with your english, I understand just fine (also not my native language)

Thanks for trying it out :)

mutilador00 said:
lol well I got 8 gigs of ram I usually can play mv games no problems but this one seems to crash once i go downstairs everytime:(
Balls! Well, let's hope the lighter demo I'll try to upload later today runs fine. Did you check how much RAM and CPU it got to use when loading?

mutilador00

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yea futa Lucia Hype!!!:D
And it was consuming around 3g of ram for me but then again like you said
its so sad that the new version of rpg maker is so heavy,kinda explains why most of the japanese devs are still using rpg maker vx ace,but dont get disencouraged these types of problems happen all the time when creating games,hopefully my computer can handle the lighter version.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

4 gigs of ram. I am fairly certain that the problem is not my computer since I can play high end games just fine
Lies. With 4 gigs of ram your computer is going to struggle with any mainstream game made in the last 3 years .

Though RPGMaker does have trouble running on windows 7 for some reason.

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Lies. With 4 gigs of ram your computer is going to struggle with any mainstream game made in the last 3 years .

Though RPGMaker does have trouble running on windows 7 for some reason.
Funny, since none of the games I play have any problems. Now I am not saying that I am running them with everything on high but I am not running with everything on low either. I am not playing anything brand new since I don't really have the money to spend around $60 on a game right now.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I swear to god, if you're talking about steam games I'm going to brand you as a heretic.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

I swear to god, if you're talking about steam games I'm going to brand you as a heretic.
I'm guessing you mean "indie games on steam" because you can find pretty much everything there (except those exclusive to friggin' Origin :()

I got curious so I checked, and yeah, in the minimum requirements for Fallout 4 (2015) and DOOM (2016) they ask for 8gb RAM minimum.:eek:

But MV minimum requirements... 2gb and a Intel Core 2 Duo, so yeah, like I said, I'm not making the next Crysis so I'd expect my game to run in Darthan's pc.

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

No, though I do have some steam games. To be honest though, most of my PC games are a year or two old seeing as how my computer was not working for about a year because I thought either the video card or monitor was fried and didn't have the money for a new one (I have a laptop, sadly don't have enough room for a desktop). Turns out the problem was the wiring between the two and was able to get it fixed.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

No, though I do have some steam games. To be honest though, most of my PC games are a year or two old seeing as how my computer was not working for about a year because I thought either the video card or monitor was fried and didn't have the money for a new one (I have a laptop, sadly don't have enough room for a desktop). Turns out the problem was the wiring between the two and was able to get it fixed.
So, no more blue nipples? xD

I'll be honest. I already installed VX Ace and have been refreshing my memory with the scripts I had (frankly, it's pretty much only Yanfly stuff). I'm still making the lighter stress test demo but I'm not feeling very optimistic it will improve that much the performance, considering that even if it does, when I add the rest of the animations it will be as heavy or more than the original stress test.

Few things I noticed. Wow, after spending almost the whole last week burning my eyebrows with MV, the difference in tile size is huge xD
The max resolution I'll get with VX Ace is 640x480. The animations current resolution is 720x720, I can cut it in half easily, get 360x360 animations, 280 pixels to make an UI in both sides, or try to find the way to focus the "camera" to one side and put the whole UI in just one side (I think I've seen that done in others games so it should be possible). Not sure yet if having that much size for actual gameplay will make the chasing too hard.
On the positive side, I own a lot more tilesets and graphic resources for VX Ace, so maybe I can get a better non generic tile looking house.

I also thought about using Game Maker, but spriting would take a serious amount of extra time I prefer not to use right now. (as far as I remember every RPG Maker resource can only be used on RPG Maker royalty free =/)

moonblack

Reputation score

The max resolution I'll get with VX Ace is 640x480.
Actually, you can get a resolution above that, but you will need the edited DLL. It was used in the Ace version of Roundscape Adorevia, but I'm not sure that version is available anywhere any more. I believe it was also used in so you could download the demo and check.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Actually, you can get a resolution above that, but you will need the edited DLL. It was used in the Ace version of Roundscape Adorevia, but I'm not sure that version is available anywhere any more. I believe it was also used in so you could download the demo and check.
Found it! I'll have to try out and see if it's compatible with Yanfly's scripts because I would really need those if I'm going to make it on VX Ace.

I found it on this description and it also has other scripts that may be useful along with the DLL, in case anyone else is interested in getting it. Though I will try and see what happens if I use the same Yanfly core engine to change the resolution.

Thanks! :D

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

Guess who's got VX Ace working at 1248x720? :D

I finished the lighter version of the stress test demo on MV. I did get the animation size cut in half but at least in my laptop I only shaved around 200mb, 300mb max, of RAM usage and the animation looks kind of laggy now (maybe it's just that I'm used to the normal one). I'll leave the link here in case someone wants to test it out and see the difference but now I'll be working on a VX Ace test demo, see how it behaves with the full animation :)

MV Lighter Stress Test Demo

y0sman

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Gotta say, I would experience a lot of lag in the first version when transitioning between loops, but I don't experience that at all in the second version.

Darthan

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

So, no more blue nipples? xD
Yea, I had somehow managed to resolve the color issues with my computer and since you weren't using the flash loops you posted here the color was right.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

y0sman said:
Gotta say, I would experience a lot of lag in the first version when transitioning between loops, but I don't experience that at all in the second version.
Well, it actually worked xD

Problem is, and the reason why I'm still changing to VX Ace, I reduced in half the current size of the assets to get that performance boost. Now, imagine I add about ten times the amount of assets... which is what will happen when I finish the rest of the animations. So yeah, it simply won't work. :rolleyes:

Darthan said:
Yea, I had somehow managed to resolve the color issues with my computer and since you weren't using the flash loops you posted here the color was right.
Awesome :)

So, now that I had some time I used it to set up my patreon page. It was the one I planned on using back when I tried to make a game with Futawing and the whole thing fell apart (luckily I didn't start taking pledges before that). I plan to begin making and selling games as BB Soft, I would have created a new forum user to avoid confusions but I also didn't want people to think "Hey, that's MajinLuffy, he changed his name so we don't remember he tried to make games before and never finished them!" :p
I'm not particularly fond of my current forum username as a game maker (wish I knew back then when I signed so many years ago that I was going to dedicate myself to making adult games and I wouldn't care that much for One Piece main character :rolleyes:) but I rather be completely transparent than having a cool (or at least better) username.

Anyway, you can check my Patreon page here:

I wrote all the info I could think at the moment of how it will work (or at least how I hope it will) but I'm happy to answer any questions you guys might have. I hope I can get your support to make this decision of mine come true, I'll get to work on something I'm passionate about and you'll get awesome games. I'll will work my ass off to show you I'm really serious about it. :)

Speaking of that. I will try to get something like the last stress test demo working on RPG Maker VX Ace as soon as possible, before making other animations. The game is not really event heavy so I don't expect performances problems but still, better to make sure. I maaay have it ready tomorrow night... well... more like morning for me (UTC -4)

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

You can just ask one of the mods to change your username. Put something in your sig about formally being your current name and all's good for those that care I guess...

As for the stress test (the MV one), I'm running a phenom x6 24 gigs of ram and a sata HDD on win7. Took forever for the level to load but didn't experience any problems.

RPGMaker really hates win7 for some reason, so I imagine that's why it took it's sweet time.

OP
MajinLuffy

MajinLuffy

Reputation score

You can just ask one of the mods to change your username. Put something in your sig about formally being your current name and all's good for those that care I guess...

As for the stress test (the MV one), I'm running a phenom x6 24 gigs of ram and a sata HDD on win7. Took forever for the level to load but didn't experience any problems.

RPGMaker really hates win7 for some reason, so I imagine that's why it took it's sweet time.
Hm, didn't think of that... for some reason I didn't think it was possible to get your username changed, I'll contact them, see if they can. Thanks for the idea.

Yeah, I'm running win7 ultimate 64bit and 16gb RAM and I get a notable loading time once and then it works just fine. VX Ace should work a lot better.

Now that I was able to get the same screen size on VX Ace and I'm working on the maps the only real problem I see compared to MV is the tile size. Not so much that things look smaller because going fullscreen helps a lot with that, but now you actually can see a LOT more of the map, meaning that you can see Lena coming for you from a mile away. I still don't want to jump to conclusions until I have enough made to test how easy/hard the game is with the current plan, but if being able to see Lena so easily does turn the game way too easy I might add a more restrictive lighting and add items and spells to light your way with pros and cons, basically add lighting to gameplay beyond turning room lights on and off.

Also I'm considering the idea of making parallax maps instead of using the rpg maker editor. Should be able to make them a little more spookier, less blocky and maybe even faster. It actually wastes a lot of time trying to make decent maps with the editor restrictions.

Btw, things are not looking good for a demo like the last one being finished tonight. Not only I had to do "day time" errands during the afternoon, but I actually had to use a lot of time digging to find my VX Ace graphics resources. In fact, I'm not sure I found everything, the rpg maker page changed and I'm pretty sure it's not showing me everything I have bought there, I'll have to check old emails to remember everything I got =/

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I'm sure there's an effect somewhere to limit that visibility. If not someone's made a custom code. And if not if not, you can always make her move faster!

I know the old ROM's had layers for that kind of stuff (obscuring player sight). It's funny when you turn one of them off that's obscuring visibility lol.