What's new

Roundscape: Adorevia

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonblack

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Roundscape: Adorevia

Anyone have a DL link (torrent or DDL) for the last VX Ace version? Based on the comments so far I'm going to stay away from the MV version at least until 2017.

I seem to recall how a few months ago they tried moving to MV but went back to Ace because of how buggy the MV version was. Looks like the second attempt to move to MV resulted in a version that is just as buggy. Let's see if they will go back to Ace a second time or focus on fixing the bugs in MV. Or not fix anything and just add some new content instead (since people are already paying for the buggy version...)

Predator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

mega:///#!XEd3ibJb!dJqF6Rbzp5QwpzuRAk6wX_wRFYxnx1ay0CvkTlgwxLs

This is NOT the VX version, it is the new 1.5b MV version with a few bugfixes, but these are for gamebreaking bugs so it is worth it.

Just read it yourself.

roundscape-adorevia.com/forums/topic/1-5b-patchnotes

Sorry no clickables for me yet :c

LoK14

Demon Girl
Reputation score

This is NOT the VX version, it is the new 1.5b MV version with a few bugfixes, but these are for gamebreaking bugs so it is worth it.

Just read it yourself.

Have you tried it yourself? Because the 1.5a fixes did like nothing to make this game playable as far as i could read from other people

Codemonkey

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Just read it yourself.

No matter what they do they'll never have a working MV version, the problem with MV is it's Javascript, now this wouldn't normally be a problem except due to the size of the game java really can't support it.

Java can do many amazing things but it has a lot of problems that even sun microsystems admits can't be fixed because due to the years of having multiple programmers with different styles constantly writing over each other it's become a bit of a tangled cluster fuck that has many problems and every fix makes a new one, about 2-3 years back they even mentioned Scrapping Java and Just rewriting the whole thing from the ground up would be a better use of resources, yet they continue to update the clunk mess that is java because it's what people know and if they re-wrote it now there would be possibility that it wouldn't even be the same product in terms of hookins and coding.

Kind of also one of the reasons Microsoft pushed for the god awful C+ version of minecraft for the pc (well that and the fact they could actually try to turn a profit off of it by locking skins and mods behind pay walls.)

Sun Microsystems is currently developing 2 versions of java that should be able to handle programs in the gigabyte size, one should hopefully come out in 2016 according to a 2011 press release, but in all honesty probably won't see it till 2017.

Last edited:

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

. . . You do know that javascript and java are only related in that both have the word "java" in the name ? and have almost nothing else in common?

Codemonkey

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

. . . You do know that javascript and java are only related in that both have the word "java" in the name ? and have almost nothing else in common?
You are correct, moral of the story kids don't type blitzed.

size is still an issue tho, but a lot of that can be fixed by pulling out useless content and removing unecessary features that barely function to begin with. Personally I struggle staying interested in the game for 30 minute sessions because it's just clunky and slapshod, and it's all just simple fixes most of which either consisting of removing or replacing things did that you could probably get the game to 1-1.5 gigs while being able to maintain story and hentai elements. as Final Fantasy 14 original, not relaunched, taught us pretty doesn't mean fun.

plus mv by default is meh set of libraries and framework but a few plugins can fix that. not sure if they are using them or not.

Last edited:

kingkeve

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Just read it yourself.

uh.... are you sure that link works... at all? lol it doesnt for me

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

uh.... are you sure that link works... at all? lol it doesnt for me
Link works fine for me, are you sure you know how to use mega?

I'll tell you how just in case you don't.

Copy the portion of the link starting from the # and everything after it.

Type mega.nz in your browser search bar, then paste what you just copied.

Should take you to the file.

kingkeve

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Link works fine for me, are you sure you know how to use mega?

I'll tell you how just in case you don't.

Copy the portion of the link starting from the # and everything after it.

Type mega.nz in your browser search bar, then paste what you just copied.

Should take you to the file.
Thank you i knew i was doing something wrong

Predator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Have you tried it yourself? Because the 1.5a fixes did like nothing to make this game playable as far as i could read from other people
Uh, late response :^)

Yes I've tried it myself, it removes many gamebreaking bugs, but also it brings new gamebreaking bugs. Because the way the game handles missing files is different now.

Link_Xp4444

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, the game is kinda laggy for me... I didn't experience that in the VX version of the game. I remember I wanted to try out the framer origin and the game broke when I tried to get to the healers house.

Is there a list of things I should do to avoid the game-breaking bugs in this game? how about a method of reducing the lag?

EverworldJalil

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Yeah, the game is kinda laggy for me... I didn't experience that in the VX version of the game. I remember I wanted to try out the framer origin and the game broke when I tried to get to the healers house.

Is there a list of things I should do to avoid the game-breaking bugs in this game? how about a method of reducing the lag?
Same for me in 1.4 version. It seems like after the prologue it always crashes. Sucks cuz the female hero seems to have a lot of stuff I like in her scenes.

vgbe

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And then it turns around and adds a whole new slew of gamebreaking bugs

Frozenglory

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i donated to this guys when they were trying to raise money to make it like wayy back when they first listed it and acording to the donations thing i was supposed to get emails and stuff regarding the progress but they never emailed me and when i complained and emailed them they never responded.....all i know is they better get the impregnation thing they promised in the game when it comes out cuz thats kinda my thing

Predator

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And then it turns around and adds a whole new slew of gamebreaking bugs
True.
My guess is that they work around bugs wich causes other bugs instead of fixing a single bug entirely.

ikillu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Any clue what they've done with the bloody perk menu? I'm losing my fucking mind.

Thesale

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It vanished... for now...

ikillu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Fucking a, they've screwed this shit up...

Kagaran

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

First of, thanks for sharing :)

I kinda wonder what kind of release process they have... I've tried 2 origins (female noble and thief), and both cause the game to reliably crash due to an "object to deep" error while encoding a json upon entering certain maps (which you have to enter to continue), and according to the official forum it happens in other origins as well... so it's something they should've caught if they had only invested a couple of hours of playtesting *sigh*

In better news, it seems to run pretty fluidly now.

ikillu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

First of, thanks for sharing :)

I kinda wonder what kind of release process they have... I've tried 2 origins (female noble and thief), and both cause the game to reliably crash due to an "object to deep" error while encoding a json upon entering certain maps (which you have to enter to continue), and according to the official forum it happens in other origins as well... so it's something they should've caught if they had only invested a couple of hours of playtesting *sigh*

In better news, it seems to run pretty fluidly now.
Just a quick tip, I tried skipping origin, and I haven't encountered any game breaking bugs yet after that. Well... except no perks.

So... I kinda assume, when testing, that's what they do. Just skip origin.

Status
Not open for further replies.