What's new

[RJ178138]Gamble Fight

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: [RJ178138]Gamble Fight

Well one button to activate special makes the game too easy, Z+X to execute it is better, not too easy to pull off and players don't have to stop a combo midway to block then execute H move. Combo chain is an essential part of a fighting game, and that block then Z+X just kill it.
True, Z+X and Y+C do the same thing so they have room for button combination changes. I admit the block does feel awkward but its still possible to execute combos into specials. The block servers as a cancel and a fast drop from the air too which is a nice touch.

After the update I had hoped they fixed all of the core issues but damn, they didn't focus on the major parts at all. Now, in my opinion, the game still has potential, but currently it not only fails as a H game but also lacks solid gameplay. And its development seems to goes off track too.
That H animation is horrible lol for sure. I'm sure they are aware of that.

I guess depending on what you feel are the core issues may of been some improvements with the update.

The main issue I had was the large gain in the special bar. I don't think its necessary. I think they adjusted it, honestly can't remember.

2nd is there is no change target button, only lockon. I saw my partner get specialed. all I had to do was use a blue attack to free em but instead camera focuses on the closer one.

3 - H animation. I prefer if they take their time to improve this one.

4 - Just some more balance changes. I don't mind the specials killing us off in an instant if for ex I use a yellow attack on red but a normal combo shouldn't (the spear particularly).

5 - Knock down hits don't work properly (when they are on the ground).

Then they introduced the new ranged characters:

The other one just has the riffle. Low Hp and they can only run for like 2 seconds. They consume a lot of stamina.

Its not hard to reach them, simply attacking through will work as long as you avoid their blue shots but one wrong move and it hurts.

Not sure how it would play out in 3v3

edit - the AI needs work against range though they can read easily, they keep going further away at times.

Last edited:

OmegaZero

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Then they introduced the new ranged characters:

The other one just has the riffle. Low Hp and they can only run for like 2 seconds. They consume a lot of stamina.

Its not hard to reach them, simply attacking through will work as long as you avoid their blue shots but one wrong move and it hurts.

Not sure how it would play out in 3v3
I think this character would work well in 3v3, a support type shooting from range while other combatants close in and attack. Seem not too good in 1-on-1 though, get rekt if opponent get close. This one might need some kind of attack that pushes the opponent away, but doing so could create a very, very OP character.
However... I feel the game is leaning toward multiplayer (3+ players) rather than 1-on-1 combat.

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

So.... I went online a few times, its no good. lol

Ofc there would be lag trying to connect to a server halfway across the world. I think the only way to play with little or no lag is to host. I'm not sure 100% sure on how to do that.

For now I have port 7303 open. So lets say one of yall want to connect to my host (or server/router I guess). Would I need to give yall my ipv4 ip address? Is that what I'm reading on the help html page (can't really understand, google translate is dumb)?

This is if I start as host and connect as host. Like this, the COM isn't lagging at least.

29congtuanP

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If anyone got version 1.1 update, could you post a link? Much appreciated :D

derakino999

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Mega -

Also, can someone translate the launch screen?

I downloaded this version, is it the latest one?
And if so, who's up for a challenge!? :cool:

Btw, maybe im being captain obvious here but the trial had a zoom function, with d and f keys if i remember right

btw, about this pic:

In my VAST japanese knowledge, i can tell it says
Something about a server...hmmm, yes, and then...hmmm, something about "theme"? and "in order to be possible", something that seems like "wait a while (between 5 and 20...maybe minutes?)
im sorry, im dumb af, just forget i said anything

But hey xellon, my idiocy is just because i can't recognize kanji, if you have an html document i could easily search for them since they're in text and not in picture, could you show me?
And normally, lag could be because you're trying to play, as you say, with people from Japan (PROBABLY, not sure, because, well, ps3 games have not a big difference, but well, sony has some quality shit servers compared to an indepent developer i think)

Your knowledge about the ipv4 thing is pretty much right, i'd bet, that's how online gaming works in pretty much all games anyway.

Last edited:

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I downloaded this version, is it the latest one?
And if so, who's up for a challenge!? :cool:

Btw, maybe im being captain obvious here but the trial had a zoom function, with d and f keys if i remember right

btw, about this pic:

In my VAST japanese knowledge, i can tell it says
Something about a server...hmmm, yes, and then...hmmm, something about "theme"? and "in order to be possible", something that seems like "wait a while (between 5 and 20...maybe minutes?)
im sorry, im dumb af, just forget i said anything

But hey xellon, my idiocy is just because i can't recognize kanji, if you have an html document i could easily search for them since they're in text and not in picture, could you show me?
And normally, lag could be because you're trying to play, as you say, with people from Japan (PROBABLY, not sure, because, well, ps3 games have not a big difference, but well, sony has some quality shit servers compared to an indepent developer i think)

Your knowledge about the ipv4 thing is pretty much right, i'd bet, that's how online gaming works in pretty much all games anyway.
Sorry, that one I posted was just the torrented old 1.0 version. Now, I feel very very uncomfortable sharing like this and I normally don't but at this rate, I'll probably never face anyone online or test out the network so.....

Ver 1.1 latest as of June 6th - Note that my save file is in a separate folder. If you wanna use it, drag the saves to the save folder.

and yea, I'll gladly accept anyones challenge. The Kanji was a screenshot i took. Like you, if I was more knowledgeable about this stuff, I could provide a document by typing out the kanji but I wouldn't know where to begin. QQ

Last edited:

29congtuanP

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Alright, here's a quick breakdown of how this "server" thing works. This is more of a Peer-to-Peer rather than dedicated server so it's not that hard to setup.

Like Soul Saber 2, you'll need a player to host a room. That player will need to have the IP address of his computer (a quick search from google, type in My IP and click on a website, for some reasons google now reports IPv6 <64-bit hexadecimal> instead of IPv4 <32-bit 1-256>, which is what you should get instead).
EXAMPLE of IPv6: 3ffe:1900:4545:3:200:f8ff:fe21:67cf
EXAMPLE of IPv4: 1.160.10.240

So after the host gets the IP, paste it on the "IP adress" box above the screenshot, and you can leave the port alone if you please. Then toggle the "Start as a Host" switch under "Start-up" and toggle "as a host" switch under "Connection Method," then simply start the game and start Online Battle. I recommend to put the game in Windows so that you can tab out for chatting and such.

As a client, you need to have your host's IP address, so through messaging, take the host's IP address and paste it under "IP Adress" box above, leave the "Port" to the default value that the host has, and check to see if your "Start-up" options are toggled under "Connect to Server" and that your "Connection Method" is toggled under "as a client," then boot-up the game and connect to Online Battle.

For the username, just type in what nickname you wanted.

Hopefully the game would connect and we can play the online portion. But in order to do this we'll need to have a chat room of sort. Maybe someone can set-up a dedicated host to run in the background while other players connect or something. :D

Last edited:

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Alright, here's a quick breakdown of how this "server" thing works. This is more of a Peer-to-Peer rather than dedicated server so it's not that hard to setup.

Like Soul Saber 2, you'll need a player to host a room. That player will need to have the IP address of his computer (a quick search from google, type in My IP and click on a website, for some reasons google now reports IPv6 <64-bit hexadecimal> instead of IPv4 <32-bit 1-256>, which is what you should get instead).
EXAMPLE of IPv6: 3ffe:1900:4545:3:200:f8ff:fe21:67cf
EXAMPLE of IPv4: 1.160.10.240

So after the host gets the IP, paste it on the "IP adress" box above the screenshot, and you can leave the port alone if you please. Then toggle the "Start as a Host" switch under "Start-up" and toggle "as a host" switch under "Connection Method," then simply start the game and start Online Battle. I recommend to put the game in Windows so that you can tab out for chatting and such.

As a client, you need to have your host's IP address, so through messaging, take the host's IP address and paste it under "IP Adress" box above, leave the "Port" to the default value that the host has, and check to see if your "Start-up" options are toggled under "Connect to Server" and that your "Connection Method" is toggled under "as a client," then boot-up the game and connect to Online Battle.

For the username, just type in what nickname you wanted.

Hopefully the game would connect and we can play the online portion. But in order to do this we'll need to have a chat room of sort. Maybe someone can set-up a dedicated host to run in the background while other players connect or something. :D

EDIT: If you want to test it out, I left my game on with my IP here: 172.4.243.155, port should be 7303 as per usual. My nick is 29iA, so if you successfully connected, you should see my name there.
YAY, I understand that perfectly. I think the best thing to do then is see if the OP can edit the post so we can set something up for those who would like to play online. I"m sure a lot of peps are just playing offline then stopped after a while.

I dunno much about the different chat sites there are, only skype but maybe something even easier, just a simple click to enter chat kinda thing. Any suggestions?

29congtuanP

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I went ahead and made a Discord channel to remove the hassle. If anyone wants to come on and play, just post a message and see if anyone else is on basically.

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

good idea. Thx.

Update - So yea, connecting to the host using Ip works well. Its still dependent on location but its much better then connecting to a random server.

Last edited:

unknownman

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can someone pls reupload version 1.1? Link is dead.

Saphire1118

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Well, from what I can see guys, they are focusing most of the mechanics from gamble fight onto soulsaber. Its an R-15 game but I guess the combat is more refined now. If you wanna play it, you can grab/buy the trial here