What's new

Random movie talky stuff.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Best 2011 movies

Clearly none of you watched The Hangover part 2. Though yes, The Deathly Hallows part 2 was awesome.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

I heard Game of Shadows was supposed to be good. Haven't seen it yet though. X-men first Class was good if you have no knowledge of the timelines they screwed up XD
The latter applies to the former as well; it seems
The new Sherlock Holmes movies are amazing; unless you like the books they based them off of, since they changed a lot of things it seems

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

The latter applies to the former as well; it seems
The new Sherlock Holmes movies are amazing; unless you like the books they based them off of, since they changed a lot of things it seems
Yeah, I prefer book Sherlock.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

1) Sucker Punch
2) Thor
3) X-Men First Class
4) Rise of the Planet of the Apes
5) Deathly Hallows Part 2

No good horror movies came out this year, so that's my list. I also haven't seen the American Remake of "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" yet, so this is liable to change if that's any good. Also, the last one was really a toss up between HP and Captain America, but I really only liked that movie because it was basically an extended preview for the Avengers.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Red State was pretty good, as was Hugo. There were quite a few good movies out this year that I liked.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i'm roll this into the movie talk thread

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Random movie talky stuff.

And Captain America gets zero love.
:-:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Fright night was a good comedy/horror flick, though I never saw the original it was apparently a cult-classic of sorts. Adding a vampire slaying Doctor (Sorry folks, everybody has their favorite and mine's Tennant) certainly must have made it better.

Also, I haven't seen it yet but the prequel to John Carpenter's The Thing was released a couple of months ago and I have high hopes for it. Being the follow up as it were to IMHO Carpenter's greatest film, and one of my all time favorite horror movies. (LOL not the B&W one with the carrot from space)

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The new "The Thing" was actually rather good, set up Carpenter's version nicely.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Just watched it, and I have to agree. Though it doesn't seem to focus on the paranoia aspect as much as the original, it's very faithful to it. The special effects were excellent, managing to make the creastures quite grotesque and even mildly realistic. Also I was quite excited to see the actually used the alien ship, instead of just being like 'okay it's there, but there's this hole in the ice over here that's MUCH more interesting'

And while we're talking about Carpenter. Has anyone else seen In the Mouth of Madness? I ask because I'd like to know if I'm not the only one that thought it was just 2 hours of Carpenter furiously stroking his own ego.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

South Korean film about the Korean war. Interesting timing for its release, wonder how it'll turn out to be.

Regardless of any politics that may or may not be behind it, looks like a pretty good movie.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Part 2 of Resident Evil reveal day

The fifth movie. Regardless on your feelings for this franchise, interesting timing for the first trailer. Still, I don't mind the series. Nice to sit back and turn my brain off for an hour and a half or so.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????
THEY

KILLED

WESKER

There is no resident evil without him! Sure you could bring him back, but after making such a big deal about his death in the last movie it just doesn't work for me. It'd be like The Legend of Zelda without Gannon Mario without Bowser! Sonic without Robotnik!

I really didn't think they were going to make another.

P.S. Anyone else come close to orgasming at that death scene? After so many years of impotent rage I could barely contain myself!

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Considering Wesker was only really in the last movie, with a cameo in the third, I think the movies can move on well enough. Besides, the games are doing it as well.

And wasn't there a recent Zelda game without Ganon?

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ah yeah. Resident Evil: Sony Distribution, or what was it called? For some reason, Sony has been on my mind ever since I saw that trailer. I wonder why.

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Not sure, haven't kept up with the latest Zelda game, or the handhelds. But I do know there have been mario games without bowser. The point is that the character exists as a persistent rival/enemy throughout the series, as much of an important part of the universe as the protagonist.

Besides that, Wesker is resident evil. Capcom has made him the Big Bad, and the way they went about it, pretty much made him the single reason bad shit happens in the RE universe.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

They killed Wesker in Resident Evil 5, but that's not stopping them from making a Resident Evil 6.

GoldBeetle

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

They killed Wesker in Resident Evil 5.
They killed a Wesker. There's still the chance of the "deceased" Weskers as well as the "Unknown" Wesker.
Source:

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Lies! Wesker's like piccolo and cell. All he needs is a single goddamned atom left and he's back.