What's new

[WIP - Full] Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

nostram

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Princess Sacrifice - Eng Translation (WIP)

I'm still down to work on it. When SWP disappeared it seemed like p much everything fell apart.

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I honestly blame the Google Docs and XML format making editing and coordinating difficult.
By the way, tracker8888 asked to join as an editor. Sent him the link.

Omletteparty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I just played through what has been translated so far and I want more. If anyone is going to take up the mantle of this and finish the full translation in a reasonable amount of time, maybe I can add some incentive.

Feel free to message me if you want to talk about it.

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I believe what's killing peoples' motivation is the clunkiness of the Google Drive system we have and the XML format of the actual editable files.

tracker8888

Reputation score

Tracker here, finally figured out how to get my account activated after three weeks... Don't laugh, only finally found out after reading the shoutbox on the front page.

As for the translation, I don't think that the google drive and XML format are the major issues. It's just that people lost interest. Couple that with mysterious disappearances, and you get a stalled translation.
I had asked to help in hopes of nudging things along, but currently the Google drive shows no activity for the past couple weeks and I can't even begin to poke around without fear of screwing things up/breaking things.

I've resigned myself to making a chronological record of my five stages of despair in the user discussion google doc for my self amusement. :D Mainly to see how long it would last before someone noticed it.

Omletteparty

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I feel your despair!
I played this years ago and was blown away by the functional use of enemy bondage to cripple you, and self bondage/fetish clothing to enhance different character builds. I've never seen anything like it since.

It also helps that the art is amazing and most importantly uncensored.

On the plus side this game is so good I can hold out hope that someone capable of finishing the translation will fall in love with the game and we'll see a final version. Even if it takes years it will be worth experiencing it again.

Off topic - Anyone have any suggestions for games of this quality that are worth checking out?

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Okay, back from my holiday. :) Time to get back into the fray.
I've downloaded everything off Google Drive in case someone decides to delete something.
And I swear something got deleted. Like, I'm pretty sure there used to be a 'Complete Folder' for files that were finished. WELP, THAT'S MORE PROGRESS LOST FOR SOME GODDAMN REASON. :<

Ugh, this is highly unorganized.

Furthermore, where IS everyone?! The people who joined the Google Drive section and worked so hard on it? And why am I the only one who keeps coming back to this? D: (I've got an unhealthy obsession with this game, I think....)
Also, I wish this project had better means of communication. Google Drive is murder on communications.

Last edited:

tracker8888

Reputation score

Welcome back! \O/

We could always just set up a Discord channel :)

Hentai no Echii

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I've downloaded everything off Google Drive in case someone decides to delete something.
And I swear something got deleted. Like, I'm pretty sure there used to be a 'Complete Folder' for files that were finished. WELP, THAT'S MORE PROGRESS LOST FOR SOME GODDAMN REASON. :<

Furthermore, where IS everyone?! The people who joined the Google Drive section and worked so hard on it? And why am I the only one who keeps coming back to this? D: (I've got an unhealthy obsession with this game, I think....)
Also, I wish this project had better means of communication. Google Drive is murder on communications.
Well it's the best H-game out there, so that obsession is normal :3

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I believe everything currently done is in unifiedproject.7z, so I don't believe those are lost.

nostram

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Still here bruv. We just need a Japanese-to-english translator along the lines of SWP or Requestee.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I was fawking right! There used to be a Complete Folder with vital data, but now it's all gone with no means of retrieving them! WELP, THAT'S A CRAP TON OF PROGRESS GONE FOR SOME GADDAMN REASON!!! :<

Also, welcome tracker8888. :)
Made a Discord section so people can join and chat. Hope this works better than Google Drive. -__-

Last edited:

SteelPeel

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

A discord chat is honestly extremely helpful, I know the eragame community uses one and gets quite a bit done with the easy communication.

OP
Memory

Memory

Cthulhu
Reputation score

OF ALL THE-!!!!
The document pertaining to the H-scene where Mariel gets raped by orcs is gone. THAT ONE DATA THAT TOOK A LOT OF PASSION TO FINISH FOR THE ENGLISH AUDIENCE.
UN-FAWKING-BELIEVABLE.

Reputation score

If it helps I've got a copy what I think was the latest translation, it's just not in the google docs xml format.

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I found a link in my Recent folder on Google Drive that seems to lead to a translation file that's no longer in the Princess Sacrifice folder. Posted it on Discord. It'd be great if people who have accessed the files in the missing Completed folder could check their Recent files and see if it contains any of the missing content.

Kynshin

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I actually have 2 diferent translations of the game. Not sure how recent they are though

Last edited:

habisain

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I posted this in the Discord, but it's worth a mention here too. Shortly before Memory went on holiday, I downloaded the entire Princess Sacrifice folder from Google Docs. It certainly looks like it contains the missing files, although they may have been format shifted a bit.

Anyhow, I've posted the link to the Discord, and hopefully that's the end of it; apologies for not doing so sooner, but I don't actually check this topic that often.

Crispin

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And as usual, Habisain is the hero of the hgame community.

I went ahead and put the Completed files back in the Google Drive.

Last edited: