What's new

Possible Remake of Jungle Girl

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Possible Remake of Jungle Girl

The special attacks (in which Jungle Girl is attacked by three of the same tentacle and changes to a suspended position) may require a slight alteration of game mechanics to keep it from becoming more trouble than it's worth. Here's what I propose:

When the third tentacle of any type attacks Jungle Girl, the screen fades out and then fades in to a shot of JG already suspended. (I'm just not a good enough animator to make the transition look good on screen) During this animation, no new enemies will spawn. Perhaps it can even be a close-up or framed shot of JG, like a pseudo-Game Over. At the end of the animation, the screen fades out, then fades in to a normal view of the game screen, where we see JG pick herself up off the ground and continue walking. (unless that last animation finished off her health, in which case cue the Game Over animation)
Ooooh... I like this idea.

Ending animations haven't been started, so if anyone has ideas for those that they'd like to see, I'll take them into consideration.
Well... in keeping with the theme of "queues of approaching tentacles"... how about this for a "losing" Game Over?
Fade in to see JG sitting, propped up against a bush, eyes closed, blushing and breathing hard, one hand fondling her breast while the other holds her vagina open. A tentacle is wriggling around, and as we watch, a bulge travels up its length and into JG, causing her belly to bulge but otherwise not changing her posture. The tentacle pulls out, letting a spray of cum splash out into a puddle already on the ground, with JG's bulge disappearing. Then the tentacle slithers happily off to the left, another one slithers to JG from the right, inserting itself and beginning to wriggle... and we realize there's a line of the things on screen, queued up and occasionally craning their "necks" to see.

For simplicity's sake, all three colours are in the queue and the same shape, tails on the ground, heads in the air. Every time one finishes, the queue advances... but another one always appears from offscreen, making the queue seem endless. Maybe randomize the colours and the "neck-craning" animation.

Put a "Game Over" title and a "Play Again?" button above the scene, and that'll do it.​

Not sure about a "winning" Game Over... depends if you want to run with the "she finds a gigantic red tentacle at home" concept, or not. If you do, I kinda like this:

We see JG walk up to her hut. A message appears: "You Win! Well, kinda...", and then a large but mostly LONG red tentacle pokes its head out of her hut. Then, fade into and out of a few poses of her being buggered by the red tentacle, ending with a fade into a scene of her lying in post-coital bliss, cuddling with the red tentacle and grinning up at the camera. "Play Again?" button appears at this point, if it wasn't present from the outset.​
Mind you, it depends on how much effort you want to put into these.

As far as gameplay is concerned, I want it to play more or less like the original. I play Jungle Girl more often than Demon Girl because the gameplay is simpler. Sure, Demon Girl has better graphics and more attack animations, but I can easily play Jungle Girl with one hand. With my off hand, even! :D

Personally, I don't enjoy button-mashing to escape attacks, I just want to enjoy them in their entirety without being penalized for it. And I don't think Jungle Girl needs attacks like Demon Girl, especially since the tentacles will all be coming one at a time.
Hee... control-wise, I quite agree with you. One-handed is great, no button-mashing is great. No attacks is quite good - remember, we're trying to recreate the same gameplay and "feel" as the original Jungle Girl. So having her throw rocks and branches at the tentacles would change the gameplay too much, IMO.
I kind of like the idea of health recovery items, though I don't consider them necessary. Since the tentacles stack, they would necessarily have to deal low individual damage.
Health-recovery items... I wouldn't bother. One passes the game, or one doesn't. I might put in a "difficulty setting" at the opening menu screen, which would raise or lower the frequency of tentacle spawns. Should be easier than implementing items, depending on the code.

MadHettie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Jungle Girl's first defensive posture:

Updated walk cycle:

And here's the sprite sheet for that walk cycle:

I wasn't sure how large the images should be for a sprite sheet, so I figured I'd leave it as is and let Nunu resize it if needed.

masakatsu

Lurker
Reputation score

Jungle Girl's first defensive posture:

Updated walk cycle:

And here's the sprite sheet for that walk cycle:

I wasn't sure how large the images should be for a sprite sheet, so I figured I'd leave it as is and let Nunu resize it if needed.
um ok 2 things

1.This will have more content and stuff than the original right?
ya know like levels similar to what demon girl had going on and maybe and actual story to it?

and

2.you will work on refining that character sprite right, as in working in a few details?

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

um ok 2 things

ya know like levels similar to what demon girl had going on and maybe and actual story to it?
I'm fairly sure MadHettie's plan is for it to be a near-direct clone of Jungle Girl, so, no. Prettier artwork and the tentacle-addition function (get hit by one, and any other ones that are still approaching will join in) are the major differences.

2.you will work on refining that character sprite right, as in working in a few details?
She'd probably say "yes" or "no" depending on what details you're talking about. From my perspective, she's already posted up several versions of the walk animation, refining it based on comments from me and other users. I think it's fine.

MadHettie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If by more content you mean things like cumulative tentacle attacks and multiple attack positions, then yes. I've worked on quite a bit more content. Multiple levels just interrupt the gameplay, so I really don't want to include that, especially since there aren't multiple enemies to introduce gradually like in Demon Girl. If someone wants to write up a story to start the game off with (and/or end with once the game is beaten) as opposed to the original game's "Jungle Girl is going for a walk," be my guest. I don't mind making a few still images to go with it like in DG. Frankly, I don't really need an extensive, believable back story to enjoy a hentai game. Again, I enjoy Jungle Girl for its simplicity.

Probably not; I think I'm about done with it. Anyone who's dissatisfied can go play the original again, then tell me she's not detailed enough. ;)

ronin

Lurker
Reputation score

I might have a suggestion.

Nothing big or anything, but maybe you can add an effect on the tentacles when they are about to cum you can see the cum going through the tentacle.

O and cumstains that stay on th girl after a gang rape would be sweet too ^^ (especially if they stack, like one facerape = a bit of cum on the face, second facerape = additional cum on the face, etcetc

Dr_Maricon

Lurker
Reputation score

I might have a suggestion.

Nothing big or anything, but maybe you can add an effect on the tentacles when they are about to cum you can see the cum going through the tentacle.

O and cumstains that stay on th girl after a gang rape would be sweet too ^^ (especially if they stack, like one facerape = a bit of cum on the face, second facerape = additional cum on the face, etcetc
The awesomeness of this is only equaled by the huge ass implementation difficulty.

Lollercoaster

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Wow, a remake of Demon Girl (Angel Girl) and Jungle Girl in the same year?

This must be what christmas is like in the hentai world:D.

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

Just curious, when you said just sort of latch on, do you mean no animation at all of the tentacle wraping around her? That would be an erotic effect to add in there. Plus, with only 3 tentacles and 1 way to dodge them, are you gunna add different positions? i dont mean like dramatic changes, but slight. Like say when the brown tentacle slithers up her leg and fucks her, she could go up against a tree in the background, or instead of her standing up and being butt fucked by the green tentacle, if she fell to her knee's. Just ideas is all.

Last edited:

scira

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I've been wondering, is there any chance that a pallet swap would be possible in this? I know its a cheap effect but it could go a long way for awesomeness, and could possibly be something to unlock if there 'winning' is possible.

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I think it looks great so far, the chained attack animations (granted they haven't been changed and actually make it into the game) look... Smiley-full.

And this "triple enemy suspension" makes me do the robot dance of anticipation...

MadHettie

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just curious, when you said just sort of latch on, do you mean no animation at all of the tentacle wraping around her? That would be an erotic effect to add in there.
If you're talking about the first green tentacle that holds Jungle Girl still: no. I want to keep that one short so there's some possibility of the player regaining control before the next tentacle arrives (depending on the current spawn rate).

If you mean all the subsequent attacks, I do include a handful of frames that feature the tentacle approaching the immobilized JG; the brown tentacle does actually wrap around her leg. I try to keep those intros short as well, since the attack animations stack.

Though now I've got the idea to make the initial attack tentacle approach a separate animation from the attacks so we can skip straight to the meat of the attack when another tentacle joins in. As I'm imagining it, it works like this:

While Jungle Girl is being held by the first middle tentacle, the next tentacle to reach JG will trigger an intro animation, immediately followed by an attack.
If that tentacle is a low one, the action will pause while the tentacle twines around her right leg and gets into position.
If that tentacle is a high one, the action will pause while the tentacle approaches and pushes against her mouth.
If that tentacle is a middle one, the action will pause while the tentacle twines around her left leg and gets into position.

All subsequent tentacles that join the attack chain will not trigger intro scenes, they will simply trigger the appropriate attack animation. As intros will be separate from attacks in this scenario, perhaps the finishing animation should also be separate. Each attack animation will loop a particular number of times (8-10 thrusts?). If a new tentacle reaches JG before that attack ends, the next attack starts immediately. If no new tentacles reach JG before the end, or if there are already four attacking her, then at the end of that animation, a finishing animation will trigger, showering our heroine with tentacle goop.

Nunu, would this be a pain in the ass to implement, or should I make those separate animations (assuming I feel like it later)? I've already got short versions of the first two intros that I can flesh out, as well as most of the finishing animations.

Plus, with only 3 tentacles and 1 way to dodge them, are you gunna add different positions? i dont mean like dramatic changes, but slight. Like say when the brown tentacle slithers up her leg and fucks her, she could go up against a tree in the background, or instead of her standing up and being butt fucked by the green tentacle, if she fell to her knee's. Just ideas is all.
I'm only doing different positions for the special combos (if three of the same tentacle get hold of Jungle Girl). There's an example on page 3 of this thread with three brown tentacles, and I'm working on the special animation with three green tentacles. Different positions corresponding with the individual regular attacks is impractical with stacking tentacles, because then I have to decide which position to use if more than one type is attacking, and animate three different angles of attack for every single tentacle.

And there will be three dodge methods, just like the original. I've only drawn one so far. ;)

I've been wondering, is there any chance that a pallet swap would be possible in this?
I've considered this, but if it does get implemented it'll probably be one of the last things I do. I'm also not sure what that will mean for our file size, so it may not be practical.

And this "triple enemy suspension" makes me do the robot dance of anticipation...
Well then, have a preview image for my next one:

I think I'm getting better at this. ^_^

This is also what I meant earlier when I talked about fading up on a framed shot of Jungle Girl during the special attacks. Also, since one of the three tentacles is the original grabbing one, the third middle tentacle could come after a high or low tentacle, so there will be two more animations with this position.

EDIT: Updated preview.

Last edited:

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

My ONLY complaint on that is JG's right arm (our left) looking freakishly thick behind her head. Other than that I give it two antennae up.

Twisted

Mega Ultimate Jungle Girl 2000 Redux Z
Reputation score

Definitely lookin super-awesome there, Hettie.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Is it just me or do the thighs seem a bit thin?

Other than that, awesome work, love seeing this steady stream of updates.

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Looking good as always Hettie!

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Maybe it's a personal thing, but how come she isn't getting well... anything in her vag?

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Because nothing is going into her vag.

Why do you ask? Is anal penetration without vaginal out of the ordinary?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Don't want to spoil her

Master_Bei_Shun

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Umm... The suspension loop of page 3 epicness is of TWO browns and a light green (2 low 1 med?)

And triple green makes for loltastic white boy pop and lock action

Whoo-sah!

Random Factoid!
MBS-Will dance for Hentai...