What's new

[PIXEL FACTORY[ parasite in city (RJ123294)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yukikaze

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: parasite in city

So far it seems only 2 enemies have 2 different animations: the fly and the boss.

Any enemy with 2 animations will automatically perform the second animation in the Omake, so in that respect it's somewhat lacking, but the ending definitely leaves some opening for expansion and as far as we know, he definitely will be updating it.

Personally, I'm fine with him releasing something minimal if we know he will be adding to it. Not saying this is very minimal, considering everything is hand animated, but it's good to know that there is room for expansion.

That's the thing with these H games, you wait months for a release and then beat it an hour later.
You forgot the fat zombie also has two

golwas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

This game actually has good game feel which is rare for H-games. I only had a problem with the shooting mechanic. There's a delay between gunshots which annoys me. I feel I should be able fire as fast as I can hit the Z button.

Also some of the level design decisions are crazy. In the second level there's a part where you need a crate to get over a bus. If said crate is destroyed by one of those charging fat guys then your fucking done, you have to start over. What the hell!

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My biggest issue with this game is that if you get surrounded then it's game over, unless you get lucky and somehow clip through an enemy. I guess it makes it more realistic, but in a 2d game it's just frustrating.

test1243143

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also some of the level design decisions are crazy. In the second level there's a part where you need a crate to get over a bus. If said crate is destroyed by one of those charging fat guys then your fucking done, you have to start over. What the hell!
In the same vein (though I believe the aforementioned was intentional):

- You can run n instances of the game simultaneously. Big no no, esp. if you accidentally initialize twice and flip to FS. Enjoy having the framerate of a painting.

- Reloading without emptying the clip blows ammo. You never really need all the ammo anyway, but this is a lazy design from 1987 that should not still be showing up.

Raaage

Demon Girl
Reputation score

- Reloading without emptying the clip blows ammo. You never really need all the ammo anyway, but this is a lazy design from 1987 that should not still be showing up.
When you change magazines without using all the bullets on the one that is loaded in the gun it is wasted. Just because many games decided to ditch this concept doesn't make this "lazy." To begin with this game is pretty easy already as it is... this concept forces the player to either waste bullets by changing prematurely to be on the safe side or risk danger when moving with a magazine that's almost empty adds a bit of difficulty.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

You forgot the fat zombie also has two
I consider the fat zombie to be one whole animation considering it goes from spanking to raping immediately. It's one connected animation.

Whereas with the fly, if you don't get back up again, a second animation happens. And the boss has a second attack that leads to a different animation.

TentacleZombie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How is that a lazy design? That's what happens when you take a magazine out that still has ammunition in it and toss it on the ground. It makes sense and prevents people from hitting reload every three shots (a habit I've certainly picked up from the FPS genre); if anything reloading that doesn't throw away ammunition still in the magazine is actually the lazier design for both the developer and the gamer.

Maybe it would be better for the character to keep the half-empty mags just in case (just transfer partially full mags to the bottom of the stack/array, drop empty ones, but imagine emptying a mag, spending the time to reload, only to discover you just swapped in the one that had one bullet left), or to transfer the bullets into other half-empty magazines when they're in a safe place (but there are no safe places in PiC and letting the player sit down to do something like that interrupts the pace of the game).

golwas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My biggest issue with this game is that if you get surrounded then it's game over, unless you get lucky and somehow clip through an enemy. I guess it makes it more realistic, but in a 2d game it's just frustrating.
That is annoying. A short time of invincibility after getting damaged that also let's you clip through enemies would probably solve it.

RyonaMasta

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Can't beat Level 3

The jump is super unresponsive, Making it impossible to climb those platforms.

To make it worse, The zombie on top kept spawning those aliens to slow you down.

Finally, No check points meaning dying = you have to start over

Vinceras

Formerly Havokor
Reputation score

Zombies are fantastical to begin with but what do you do? Keep it "realistic" and cater towards the fans who prefer it "realistic" or do you cater to the ones who want it easier?

Zombies, going by most every zombie reference I can call on, attack in an unchanging pattern. They see their target and then they go after it. If there are lots of zombies around, you'll be surrounded by lots of zombies. They won't stand back and make sure you get a fair fight. If you get taken down and surrounded, they won't let you up out of pity and give you invincibility for X seconds.

Personally, I dig the whole surround, overwhelm and destroy aspect of the game. It's how I imagine zombies to be.

--To me, the only things this game is missing are:

- A sad lack of sex animations when several zombies/creatures are involved.
- A lack of a finishing animation...whether it be a guro vore finisher or a sex finisher. As is, she gets hit and then just falls to the ground and the screen goes black.
- Of course, the game being rather short(But sweet) and shallow on the roster of enemies.

golwas

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you want it realistic then every zombie grab should be an instant kill. I'd honestly find that less obnoxious than waiting to be fucked to death or having to manually restart the level. The zombie mob that follows you through the third level really should be an instant kill. Since your fucked (literally) once it surrounds you it might as well be instant. That would make it more effective as a hazard and also would offer the chance for a gangbang animation.

PM21

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Are we really doing this?

Judael

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

I've noticed that the game use dx9 libraries. So why not to slightly improve antialiasing?

if you want here is my settings.

just extract this zip into the game folder.

Attachments

Last edited:

dot_slave3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

someone can summarize for me?

what's happening here?

sharpys

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Alot of gripes with the gameplay in this, but people have already said or addressed what I see.

Dantaimori

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

someone can summarize for me?

what's happening here?
-Thank you for the game.

-Pressing Z too quickly while holding shift makes the character shoot, kick, shoot, kick which is annoying.

-No way to survive if surrounded by enemies [No invincibility frames].

-Talking about Zombies in games.

-Talking about the way Gun Ammos work.

-Talking about positions missing from CG / rape.

I think.

Oddly enough I found Stage 2 hardest. Maybe it was because I'm terrible at attacking things with a hit box located lower than the character's knee.

Ragnox

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Trolling. Mods trolling Trolls. Trolls trolling Trolls.

People spamming everyone for your game. PM's

People talking about Zombie standard actions in the undead game/movie/book genre. Zombies swarming player = Game Over vs Slight Immunity to damage so the player can move and not be stun locked into Game Over.

People praising your games CG / Animations

People wishing your game was longer or had more CG / Animations.

People wanting more updates. More CG / Animations.

Help on beating / exiting levels etc.

Better controls or more responsive controls. Kick = Kick and Shoot = Shoot, Not KICKSHOOT or SHOOTKICK = screwed player.

People waiting on game from using PayPal.

TLDR: Game GOOD. Game Short. Game get Updates? You Give Game?

Plus What, nyotaimori posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.