What's new

Peiquok Town Hall

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Peiquok Town Hall

"Sure, I feed all my victims to this hellhound", Cat replies in a sarcastic tone as she pets the puppy in a vain attempt to calm it down before getting back up. "Okay, listen. If this one isn't going to get out soon the whole hall is going to smell like dog piss. Poor bastard is almost exploding", she adds. "Can't I just head out real quick? Stay in sight and all that jazz?"

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Jen sits in a nearby chair shaking nervously. They aren't telling us anything because we're going to die aren't they? Demon's of the Western World mentioned some cults disguise themselves as military or police forces to capture sacrifices. Jen says quietly, probably to herself but still audible, remembering one of the books from the town library.

Last edited:

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa waves off the uniformed girl with the drinks. She was too busy trying to piece what little she did know and whatever she could infer about the situation to do anything other than concentrate.

"The military wouldn't be called out for a serial killer," she said, shaking her head dismissively, "not even for a mass murderer." It would have to be something bigger than that. A chemical spill maybe. Or a bomb. No, they would be evacuated from anything like that, not brought in and gathered together. They didn't want people alone... Are they are afraid we'll get into trouble being alone? Or that we'll cause it...

Melissa looked over at the quiet girl that had just spoken up. "We aren't going to die, and getting suspicious of the soldiers without reason isn't going to get us anywhere," she said, a bit too sternly perhaps. But suspicious of the soldiers is what Melissa was becoming herself. She had a sudden feeling of being threatened, but by what, she didn't know. She shook her head again and rubbed her temple, hoping to clear her mind.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Cara rolled her shoulders as she listened to the concerned banter going back and forth. She didn't much trust the military to do anything useful, let alone getting their own heads out of their butts... but then again, she didn't have a good that good of an opinion of organized forces these days.

"I saw a base on my way in. Few miles out, wasn't it? Maybe it's experimentation, like outta that 'Mist' movie." She grinned, resting her chin on her knuckles so that she was hunched over the chair now. A stray flock of bangs fell over her eyes, obscuring them partially for the moment. Her free hand brought the cup of coffee she was holding up under her nose, a little like smelling salts.

"Seriously, this sucks, but what are we going to do about it, bust out? Who here can incapacitate a trained soldier, raise your hand." She was joking, of course.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Jen looks at Melissa when she speaks, flinching away when the woman replies. Why can't they at least hold us in the library with all the books and their soft, gentle pages? She says to herself.

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

"This is a nice central area," shrugs Morgan. "This way at least they know where we all are. And there's enough space and bathrooms for us instead of trying to cram into a nicer but smaller place." She looks in the direction of her hotel, "I'd guess a hotel are too broken up. They wouldn't want us all in different rooms."

She smiles over at Cara, "Probably wouldn't want to find out if I could or not. They tend to have a lot of guns."

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Xetia, being bored and ignoring the outbursts and general talk around her just watched the officer.

She was sitting in a chair at the lefternmost wall, generally ignoring everyone else since she at the moment, did not see them as necessary.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shiva stopped talking for a moment to place a hand to her forehead. The warning feeling became more extreme, and yet she still couldn't figure out what it meant...

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Shiva, Kaci
A woman in her late thirties, dressed in a red and white checkered dress with an apron in front passes Kaci, then pauses, turning her attention back to the young medic. Kaci will recognize her as Mrs. Shaffer, or Cally. If Kaci grew up in Peiquok, she would be familiar with the Shaffer twins, Cally's daughters, though neither appear to be present and accounted for this morning.

"Have you seen my girls?" Cally asks Kaci, her worry admirably contained. She leads Kaci toward the wall, near to Shiva. Shiva will recognize Cally as a waitress at the best (and cheapest) corner cafe in Peiquok; having been searching for a job here, she will probably have had several instances of interacting with the woman, if just to order food for herself.

Cat, Cara
Meanwhile, a bald man sits himself between Cat and her puppy, and the blonde with the guitar. He holds out a bundled pile of newspapers to the white-haired teen, nodding to the chocolate lab. Neither woman will recognize him, but he is fairly tall, caucasian though tanned, with a trimmed auburn-coloured beard. Dressed in a well weathered leather jacket and denim jeans, he looks like he spends more time outdoors than in.

"Surprised they let you bring that in here," he admits to Cat, his voice sounding melodious behind the gruff. Maybe he doesn't talk a lot. Glancing to Cara, he asks, "you planning on rushing for freedom?"

Jen, Melissa
As if on cue, a man in the same uniform as the young lady strolls up behind where Jen and Melissa are sitting and standing, respectively. He's also caucasian, with short-cropped brown hair and green eyes. He raises both brows, though he only nods greeting. His posture is relatively relaxed, though he still means business. "Is she alright?" he asks Melissa, nodding to poor Jen who seems to be breaking down. The embroidered label on his fatigues reads 'Dyer'. He holds the rank of Corporal... which doesn't mean a lot, but it may mean something.

Morgan, Xetia
Though nobody approaches either woman, yet, there are other people milling around the room. The dark-haired woman has finished serving coffee and tea and has gone back to the main doors, guarding them with some other men and women in uniform. Xetia can spot one or two other people of high standing, like her, one is texting (or attempting to) on her cellphone, the other is exchanging a few words with an extremely harried looking soldier.

Morgan can see another woman with a grim look listening in on the main gaggle of women, here, she's probably not much older or younger than Morgan is herself. She looks weathered, tough. A young family is speaking anxiously amongst itself -- a man, his wife, and a boy of about four. Morgan is close enough that she can hear the man speaks in accented english; he appears to be telling his wife that all will be well if they simply pray...

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Having only heard about the woman, unable to order from the restaurant due to her being redirected here as soon as she arrived, Shiva pays little heed to the waitress. Not out of any foul intent, but out of the strange headache she was getting, as she kept her hand on her forehead, using her fingers and thumb to rub her temples.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Jen suddenly shakes herself before shuddering and holding her head in her hands. What was that? I wasn't asleep. Oh gods, they're starting whatever they're doing to us. I'm seeing monsters. Why...? Jen thinks, a few images rising from her subconscious.

Janna

Lurker
Reputation score

Morgan takes a deep breath, seeming to snap out of a passing daydream and looks around. Someone watching closely would notice a quick flush of color in her cheeks that fades as she observes the people nearby. She smiles, seeing the family pulling together and decides to leave them alone to their prayers.

She makes eye contact with the other solitary woman and nods, giving her the barest flash of a smile in greeting. "You here on vacation, too?" she tries as an icebreaker.

Simca

Lurker
Reputation score

Celia sighs, she'd been just passing through, the little redhead balling her jacket up in a corner as she lies down and closes her eyes, figuring she might as well sleep, since nobody here seemed to keen on the idea of her leaving...mainly, the soldiers, of course..heh.

TheWeirdOne

KICK ME
Reputation score

Kaci placed her hand on on Cally's shoulder. She tried to be as comforting as possible. She knew she had no idea what it was like to think you lost your children. Deep down she hoped she would never have to experience that pain. The only thing that she thought could be as bad as that was... losing your parents. Kaci started to wonder if she was the one that needed to be comforted now instead of Cally. Still she pressed on and said to Cally

"I'm sorry Cally, I haven't seen much around here, I've been sitting in the corner thinking about this whole thing until just now and you came up to me."

She tried to make it sound like they could still be here even without her knowledge. She was hoping she wouldn't have to see someone breaking down knowing it could send her over the edge as well.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"What, the puppy", Cat asks as she spreads out the newspapers and places the labrador on it. "Ain't mine, he just started to follow me around. Must have snuck by the guards or something. There we go", she adds as the puppy looks up at her while the newspapers underneath it show an ever growing wet spot. She nods at the man. "Thanks, I was afraid he'd take that leak on me. I'm Cat, who are you?"

xivvix

Lurker
Reputation score

Melissa did a quick double-take at the soldier who had approached, then breathed out audibly and moved her hands away from her face. "She's just confused, scared. Like most of us," She looked around the room at the various soldiers. They didn't seem to be very scared, but then, they were the ones in control.

She moved closer to the corporal and said quietly to him, "All this secrecy isn't doing much good for the people you've rounded up. Don't you think you should clue us in on what's going on?" She doubted the corporal would give a straight answer. Melissa's sharp eyes took in his face and his stance, checking for shifting eyes, nervous ticks, anything that might give her an idea of his frame of mind.

(ask Dyers about the quarantine and watch to see if he's lying)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Cara watched the puppy, averting her eyes as he did his business. Poor guy, she'd be embarrassed too if she had t'do that in public.

Then she snorted at the man, setting her cup down between her legs (hopefully not to the puppy's curiosity!) and sat up straight in her char with her hands clasping the top of chair's back. Her clothes looked about as weathered as his, though they were rattier, much like her hair. "What if I am? I parked 'bout a block from here. Nothing saying I can't jump into the car and take off. It's not like I really wanted to stay in Peiquok, I just happened to be overnighting here." Could be because she'd had better luck with their lax parking enforcement than in some places. Besides, she'd been around here before and they did know how to celebrate a party... "I'm Cara." she added, since Cat had already introduced herself. She grinned sidelong at the white-haired punk, who looked like she preferred music that was screamed or whined, rather than sung the good old fashioned way.

OP
Icelus

Icelus

Lurker
Reputation score

Shiva and Kaci
((Sorry Raptor Jesus, for some reason I read part of Shiva's bio and thought she'd been in town a couple of days! :rolleyes:))

For now Cally doesn't notice the white-haired woman who seems to be in slight distress against the wall, caught up in Kaci's reply. "Oh, darling, your parents, I'm sorry," she looks like she's holding up admirably well, though she swings an arm around the young medic in training, wanting to share support. Her eyes are red, but she's not crying. "We should pray," she tells Kaci stolidly, mouth set firm to stave back more difficult to control emotions. "And hope that the next people they bring in are Lisa and Hazel," her two girls, "and your parents."

Jen and Melissa
The man, 'Dyer', glances at Jen as she shakes in her chair, then turns his attention to Melissa.

Perception Check
9+2 vs Curtis Dyer 13, Failure

Jen doesn't see anything in the man that might detect if he's lying, though his voice is certainly grim enough. "It's bad," he finally tells her. He doesn't say much else, though she can tell from that and from the tight lines around his eyes and mouth that he means it.

Morgan
The woman shakes her head, allowing her hair to fall a little in her face. "No, born and raised here. I usually live a couple of miles out, down the shoreline. Bad day to pick to come in for a few supplies." She twists her lips in a wry grin. "I'm Rosie. You?"

Cat and Cara
"Griffen," the bald man replies to both women, though he doesn't offer his hand to shake. "Neither of you are from around here, are you?" He is straight-faced, almost somber-looking. "Bet you're both a touch worried. Maybe this guy smelled it on you," he points to the pup. "He got a name?"

After a moment, the man casts Cara a sidelong look. "You're not going to get anywhere if you try that. They brought me in along the northwest exit, these knuckleheads," he jerks a thumb at the soldiers in sight, "are setting up blockades to keep everyone else out. Unless you're driving a tank or know your way through the woods, you're not going to get past them."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Shiva, still rubbing her head, asks Cally, who hasn't been looking at her, "Excuse me," she begins, talking in her soft, whisper of a voice, "do you have an Advil, or something similar? I suddenly have gotten this strange headache..." she trails off, going back to rubbing her head.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Xetia looks at the texting women and asks "Why are you even bothering?" As she continues to lean against the wall, giving a curious expression to possibly the only other women in this room next to herself that could deign of any importance.