What's new

RPG Patreon Active [Paladox] The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss (Version 0.745)

BigBossFTW

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B11P2 (Updated May 29th, 2015)

Hello I was wondering if you could put more debug options into the game. You have the Medical Kit, But I was wondering if you could have a level up option with all the perks.

Also have you done anything with the "Choose morality or partake in guilty pleasures. Sienna can be good or bad. The choice is yours." Can you give a % on how far you have done. Thanks for making an awesome game :D

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hello I was wondering if you could put more debug options into the game. You have the Medical Kit, But I was wondering if you could have a level up option with all the perks.
There's a spell called Debug Lightning that kills everything. I might add it sometime.
Also have you done anything with the "Choose morality or partake in guilty pleasures. Sienna can be good or bad. The choice is yours." Can you give a % on how far you have done. Thanks for making an awesome game :D
I haven't really worked with this too much. You don't really see what decisions are good or bad because I really prefer players to play how they want. There are already some decisions in the game that have an impact on
her personality and slight dialogue differences.

Simple Answer:
Having consensual sex, bribing with sex, and some other choices will currently accumulate guilt (aka Taint points) for Sienna. Aside from accumulation I haven't really applied this system yet.

In Depth Answer:
For example Kendra asks if you want to escape the Abyss or find Jennifer (to get revenge). This changes some of Sienna's dialogue but it's not a big deal because, ultimately, Sienna has not yet acted on either choice. Both choices can actually be considered bad if they were set in stone.

This ending hasn't been implemented yet (because it involves a lot of work), but if you do decide to leave the Abyss, Sienna will choose to do so alone. Kendra will warn you that only one person can make the trip and ask if you're sure. This means leaving all her children behind. This would lead to the absolute worst ending.

I don't want to spoil anything about the choice to seek revenge, but after you finish Kendra's 2nd quest and choose to stay, that early choice no longer matters anyway.

If you pick up The Holy Bible at the start it will change Sienna's dialogue in some situations. If you leave it behind then I have opted to leave religious comments out as much as possible. It will have an impact on the storyline later on, as some characters and choices will be absent without it. If you don't pick it up then there is one more, though hidden and obscure, opportunity to grab it.

If you've done the event where Sienna is kidnapped, put in prison, and then raped then you'll also notice options there. This isn't really determining whether Sienna is good or bad, but it is important for determining her character development and how she will make choices later on. There will be three more choices like this and altogether they will determine whether Sienna is Submissive, Dominant, or Passionate.

Another thing I want to point out is that Sienna feels that some things are wrong while others are not. For example she doesn't feel guilty about giving hand jobs or getting raped. Getting raped does make her depressed, but again I haven't really worked with that much. The only thing it currently does is keep her from bathing automatically after she loses, gets raped, and teleports home.

Anyway.. she does feel guilty about having consensual sex, bribing with sex, and thinking more of herself than others. Sometimes the smart choice could lead to her feeling guilty, especially if she chooses to let someone die. Guilt accumulates as taint points, and there will only be a few opportunities to get rid of them.

(Keep in mind most of this hasn't been implemented yet.)
For example if you grab The Holy Bible. If you keep doing the same thing that accumulates taint points and then pray to get rid of them.. then Sienna will stop offering to pray. Keep accumulating taint points and Sienna's personality might even change to the point that she no longer feels guilty about doing these things. If you mess around with praying for forgiveness too much then she will even throw away her bible at some point. That won't mean the game will progress as though she never picked it up.

Taint points and personality type will ultimately determine the end game for Sienna though, and all her decisions will be locked in based on her personality types and whether or not she kept her taint points.

I think there will be two basic endings, but each one could be very different depending on Sienna's personality traits. Even a pure Sienna could possibly be an overly suspicious bully. I'm not sure if that could lead to a good ending or not, but it would certainly be complicated. xD

Edit: Sorry, you did ask for a % completion on this. Honestly? I'd say about 5% as I have a LOT of work to do on all this.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

There's a spell called Debug Lightning that kills everything. I might add it sometime.

I haven't really worked with this too much. You don't really see what decisions are good or bad because I really prefer players to play how they want. There are already some decisions in the game that have an impact on
her personality and slight dialogue differences.

Simple Answer:
Having consensual sex, bribing with sex, and some other choices will currently accumulate guilt (aka Taint points) for Sienna. Aside from accumulation I haven't really applied this system yet.

In Depth Answer:
For example Kendra asks if you want to escape the Abyss or find Jennifer (to get revenge). This changes some of Sienna's dialogue but it's not a big deal because, ultimately, Sienna has not yet acted on either choice. Both choices can actually be considered bad if they were set in stone.

This ending hasn't been implemented yet (because it involves a lot of work), but if you do decide to leave the Abyss, Sienna will choose to do so alone. Kendra will warn you that only one person can make the trip and ask if you're sure. This means leaving all her children behind. This would lead to the absolute worst ending.

I don't want to spoil anything about the choice to seek revenge, but after you finish Kendra's 2nd quest and choose to stay, that early choice no longer matters anyway.

If you pick up The Holy Bible at the start it will change Sienna's dialogue in some situations. If you leave it behind then I have opted to leave religious comments out as much as possible. It will have an impact on the storyline later on, as some characters and choices will be absent without it. If you don't pick it up then there is one more, though hidden and obscure, opportunity to grab it.

If you've done the event where Sienna is kidnapped, put in prison, and then raped then you'll also notice options there. This isn't really determining whether Sienna is good or bad, but it is important for determining her character development and how she will make choices later on. There will be three more choices like this and altogether they will determine whether Sienna is Submissive, Dominant, or Passionate.

Another thing I want to point out is that Sienna feels that some things are wrong while others are not. For example she doesn't feel guilty about giving hand jobs or getting raped. Getting raped does make her depressed, but again I haven't really worked with that much. The only thing it currently does is keep her from bathing automatically after she loses, gets raped, and teleports home.

Anyway.. she does feel guilty about having consensual sex, bribing with sex, and thinking more of herself than others. Sometimes the smart choice could lead to her feeling guilty, especially if she chooses to let someone die. Guilt accumulates as taint points, and there will only be a few opportunities to get rid of them.

(Keep in mind most of this hasn't been implemented yet.)
For example if you grab The Holy Bible. If you keep doing the same thing that accumulates taint points and then pray to get rid of them.. then Sienna will stop offering to pray. Keep accumulating taint points and Sienna's personality might even change to the point that she no longer feels guilty about doing these things. If you mess around with praying for forgiveness too much then she will even throw away her bible at some point. That won't mean the game will progress as though she never picked it up.

Taint points and personality type will ultimately determine the end game for Sienna though, and all her decisions will be locked in based on her personality types and whether or not she kept her taint points.

I think there will be two basic endings, but each one could be very different depending on Sienna's personality traits. Even a pure Sienna could possibly be an overly suspicious bully. I'm not sure if that could lead to a good ending or not, but it would certainly be complicated. xD

Edit: Sorry, you did ask for a % completion on this. Honestly? I'd say about 5% as I have a LOT of work to do on all this.
Bribe sex? So far i can only bribe with food/gold. Even on humanioid enemies i cant bribe with sex. Am i doing something wrong?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Bribe sex? So far i can only bribe with food/gold. Even on humanioid enemies i cant bribe with sex. Am i doing something wrong?
You can only bribe with sex if you were submissive with the guard during the nighttime kidnapping event.

I will probably have other opportunities to learn it but for now that's the only way.

Still_Here_Guys

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I don't know if this is already reported or not, but I found a minor bug in the house in the starting area. There is a space below the bed that you can go into. If you face the bed and interact with it, you will be stuck and the game locks up so you can't go into menu or continue to walk around.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I don't know if this is already reported or not, but I found a minor bug in the house in the starting area. There is a space below the bed that you can go into. If you face the bed and interact with it, you will be stuck and the game locks up so you can't go into menu or continue to walk around.
Thanks for noticing that. I'll have it fixed for the next update.

Edit: Updated the screenshots.

Last edited:

BigBossFTW

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well here's something if you are submissive to the guard but you picked up the bible you cannot bribe with sex. Good to know.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well here's something if you are submissive to the guard but you picked up the bible you cannot bribe with sex. Good to know.
Having picked up the bible won't prevent it, but having other party members will. I'll change the description of the trait a bit.

Also, the NPC that you talk to that tells you clothing levels will change your survivor trait (doesn't tell you that).
I'll try and get a new version up soon so that some of these bugs won't be such a problem anymore.

Last edited:

BigBossFTW

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Having picked up the bible won't prevent it, but having other party members will. I'll change the description of the trait a bit.

Also, the NPC that you talk to that tells you clothing levels will change your survivor trait (doesn't tell you that).
I'll try and get a new version up soon so that some of these bugs won't be such a problem anymore.
Can you do a tutorial on how to get the bribe with sex working? I have tried almost non stop and it won't work.

Edit: By tutorial I mean a step by step thing.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Can you do a tutorial on how to get the bribe with sex working? I have tried almost non stop and it won't work.

Edit: By tutorial I mean a step by step thing.
There's just a few things you need to do:
1. Complete the tutorial levels. Early monsters can not be bribed at all.
2. Sleep until the guard and 2 abyssians kidnap Sienna. This is inevitable.
2B. When given a choice, choose to "Do as they say.".
3. Don't talk to the NPC girl in Sienna's room (that will permanently remove it).
4. Sienna must be alone. You can't have Nadie in your party.
5. Bump into a monster and you should have a third option now, to bribe with sex.

This should work with most monsters but probably not all of them, as some still need work.

After you bribe the monster it will have sex with Sienna and disappear, but as soon as you leave the area and come back, that monster will return.

nox

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Just curious, do you have an ETA on when you'll be finished? Do you have any past works I can play while waiting?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Just curious, do you have an ETA on when you'll be finished? Do you have any past works I can play while waiting?
I have no idea on when it'll be finished. Probably at least another year.

This is the only hentai game I've worked on. I've worked with several different mediums in the past, including Warcraft 3's map maker, Fallout Tactics, and a bit of Jagged Alliance stuff.
I did work quite a bit on another RPG Maker game before this but it's very unpolished, quite corny, and of course far from finished.

Edit: I am hoping to have a new version of FSA done within a week or two. With this version players should be able to finish Kendra's quest, get all 6 children, and get a sense of
each child's personality.. before they're even playable characters. Of course I have over 20 sets of dialogue I need to write for this, so it could take longer. "The best laid plans..."
Then again, I'm not that great at planning. xP

After I've fixed up the game as much as I can I want to play through and do the minimum required to get all 6 children, do Kendra's quest, and then apply her children's
reactions to all the bosses that aren't necessary to reach that point. I should get a better feel for the game if I play through it myself. Especially the combat balance.

Last edited:

nox

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm fine with a non-hentai game. Though the 3 you mention don't particularly intrigue me. I'm more a Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, Phantasy Star, Record of Agarest Wars, Tales, Atelier, Pokemon.... actually those are the only franchise I play I think....

Anyway, good luck with the dialogue. Do you have a friend who is a writer doing it with you?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'm fine with a non-hentai game. Though the 3 you mention don't particularly intrigue me. I'm more a Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, Phantasy Star, Record of Agarest Wars, Tales, Atelier, Pokemon.... actually those are the only franchise I play I think....
I did work on one RPG with RMVX before I started FSA. Here's a link if you want to give it a try:

I mostly used the default VX stuff. The storyline is somewhat cheesy and needs a lot of work. I might actually polish the game up and finish it someday. Even if I don't, I can't regret my work on it because I learned a lot about working with RMVX.

Anyway, good luck with the dialogue. Do you have a friend who is a writer doing it with you?
I'm doing all the dialogue myself. I guess I'm afraid someone else wouldn't get the characters' personalities right, would change the storyline somehow, leak spoilers, etc.. The only things I'm willing to get help from others with is artwork and scripting. I'm not even sure about the help with artwork, as different styles can make a game look really bad. That's why I have mostly stuck with Miyama Kannon, Moe Moe, and VH art.

If I ever get it finished then I would certainly take suggestions on dialogue entries.

nox

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I'm doing all the dialogue myself. I guess I'm afraid someone else wouldn't get the characters' personalities right, would change the storyline somehow, leak spoilers, etc..
oh god i hate when people do that. I'm a writer myself. Though i guess any chance of me being able to help are zilch.

I tried making a game with RPGmaker but for some reason i can't make heads or tails of the program.

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

oh god i hate when people do that. I'm a writer myself. Though i guess any chance of me being able to help are zilch.

I tried making a game with RPGmaker but for some reason i can't make heads or tails of the program.
I'm using VX as I find the VX Ace and XP versions to be too complicated.
I learned by starting with this tutorial:

Most of the early stuff is gibberish so I would suggest skipping down to the Creating Maps section. Learning the program and what it can/can't do is far more important than coming up with a storyline, setting, etc.. It's better to work with what VX has when you first start learning rather than trying to put together something that might not be possible with the resources at hand.

For example it would be bad to go into VX expecting to make something like Final Fantasy IV or, even worse, Xenogears (no sci-fi stuff by default).

It might also be important to allow yourself to quit with one project and start another, at least until you figure out which one you're the most passionate about. FSA combines almost all of my interests into one game. :D

I still have my Legend of Gladius folder. xD
Actually I forgot about it, but my first project was actually a dracula RPG, where you wake up as dracula.. but you don't know who you are.
My 2nd project was Naked Sword, inspired by the Naked Gun and Mel Brooks' movies.. xD It was originally intended to have lots of corny, comical dialogue. After a bit it just kinda goes all over the place...
I had some other ideas, like EGG and Human Prey, but hardly worked on them. More like early concepts.

The idea for EGG is that you're a druid (or such) and an evil necromancer has eradicated all life on the planet.. except for your forest.
The necromancer offers to allow you to continue to exist, and still has the bodies of dryads he will allow you to raise. In exchange he wants you to breed them with monster to make eggs.
You can then exchange these eggs with the necromancer to purchase various upgrades, etc.. your girls becoming more efficient at producing eggs, more powerful, etc..
In the end you and the dryads would become powerful enough to try and fight back. The problem is... the game will keep track of how many eggs, what type of eggs, etc.. you gave the necromancer.
He would then have a huge army.. your biggest threat.. that you created for him.

In Human Prey, monsters have taken complete control of everything. Humans are only kept and bred for slavery and food. Early on you get a chance to escape, your fellow humans being slaughtered around you.
You manage to get to an island (somehow), and must find food, water, shelter, etc.. crafting various things to survive. After a while monsters would show up and you would have to kill them. After that.. find a mate and also try to take back civilization. The story would go through multiple generations.

Last edited:
OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I've got 35 sets of dialogue to write (13 done so far), but I think I'll wait on the majority of them so I can get the next update ready faster. The monsters still need lots of work.
One more set and I'll switch to working on and updating the monsters.

... actually I'll try and go ahead with the next update. It should fix a lot of the problems but there won't be much new content.

I know I had intended to include saves, but I just feel like I should go ahead with the update. Maybe next time. :)

I have just updated the OP with the new download.

Edit: A bug was locking up the game after the first fight with The Black Spider. This has been fixed and I re-uploaded.

Edit 2: I had wanted to allow players to select which subjects to teach Sienna's children.
I'm thinking it would be easier, and best, if I just line them up.. like the dreams and night events. I know it's kinda lazy of me, but it's just far less complicated.

Last edited:

nox

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Re: The Fairy, the Succubus, and the Abyss. V1B12 (Updated June 15th, 2015)

An alternative suggestion about the boss fights that prove to be too hard for some players(me)

After say the 50th loss maybe have an option to skip the boss fight? This way people who like the difficulty can still have it and people(me) who suck at it can still continue the game?

OP
Paladox

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

An alternative suggestion about the boss fights that prove to be too hard for some players(me)

After say the 50th loss maybe have an option to skip the boss fight? This way people who like the difficulty can still have it and people(me) who suck at it can still continue the game?
That might be a bit difficult to keep track of, since most variable changes are lost when you reload. I'd have to have a retry option for that.

I think ultimately I would like to have it where if you lose the fight you can continue or retry, but if you continue the boss will confront you again later. For now you would get the quest item but lose out on the intelligence gain. You would HAVE to fight the boss again later, in a turn-based fight, but they would be incredibly difficult (except for cheaters I guess, but I'm still considering anti-cheats in the finished game...). Beating the boss later on would, of course, give you bonus experience and the missed +1 intelligence gain. This system would work out well for players who are more interested in strategy styled gameplay than action gameplay.

kissofthehell

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

That might be a bit difficult to keep track of, since most variable changes are lost when you reload. I'd have to have a retry option for that.

I think ultimately I would like to have it where if you lose the fight you can continue or retry, but if you continue the boss will confront you again later. For now you would get the quest item but lose out on the intelligence gain. You would HAVE to fight the boss again later, in a turn-based fight, but they would be incredibly difficult (except for cheaters I guess, but I'm still considering anti-cheats in the finished game...). Beating the boss later on would, of course, give you bonus experience and the missed +1 intelligence gain. This system would work out well for players who are more interested in strategy styled gameplay than action gameplay.
That sounds really interesting. Hopefully the bosses are not Dark Souls level of overpowered... AKA 1-2 shot you .