What's new

One in Three Thousand (Courage Wolf)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: One in Three Thousand (Courage Wolf)

Anthriel: HP = 71, PP = 71, EP = 148, Status = Fine

Once inside, Anthriel received a somewhat stiff nod from Dori and Kari's mother, a reassuring smirk from her draconic lover, and a plate of food already set out for her. As before, the meal was excellent, but this time it passed in relative silence. Even so, it wasn't a tense one unless Anthriel made it so, and after their meal was finished Kari and Mom both rose from their seats and started doing the dishes. Over her shoulder, the older woman said; "Dori, go and check the vegetable patch. I think somethings been into it again despite the fence, all of our tomatoes have been nibbled on, and now they're practically worthless! Anthriel, I know you're not technically a part of our household, but if you could go down to the stream and collect a bucket or two of water, I would appreciate it!"

Courage Wolf

The Admin who is Raid Boss
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel did not speak on the touchy subject again, simply smiling at "mom" and reaching back into the cupboard to put the robe back on hoping to make her a little more comfortable at least while she ate, even though the fabric made her itch. The meal was spectacular and Anthriel managed to relax quickly, thanking everyone for the meal.

At Mom's question regarding help, Anthriel smiled and nodded, retrieving said buckets and starting to walk towards the stream, thinking on everything as she walked and starting the laugh. What had possessed her to act so rudely, it was shocking really, but it had happened, nothing to be done and she had meant every word. She'd known Dori for all of 2 days and this was the situation she was in, it really was a shocking world down here among the vast others that made it up and despite her appearance, everyone around simply saw her as another angel, or a friend. These thoughts and a few others helped her put aside her nightmares for the time being, and the half breed simply took joy in the simple chore for people she cared about.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Putting on the robe seemed to mollify Dori's adoptive mother, at least somewhat, and she managed a slight smile when Anthriel simply acquiesced to her request without complaint. "Thank you dear," she said softly, but as she walked past Dori he rose as well, and gave her a soft smack on the ass that was nonetheless loud and obvious enough that no one could have missed it. 'Mom' fumed for a moment as Dori giggled and Kari looked at him as if he'd just decided to headbutt a beehive. Anthriel was free to depart to do her given chore still, but even if she left she would at least catch the opening salvo of Dori's mother's anger; "DORI! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!? THAT'S NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY!!!"

If she took her leave after that, Anthriel found the buckets and the staff for them to hang off of easily enough, and by then she knew the way to the plainly visible stream. Collecting the water didn't take long at all, but before she could take it back to the house Anthriel heard a twig snap, and a glance up revealed a little boy half-hidden behind a tree standing on the opposite bank. "Hi!" he said as if he hadn't done anything wrong at all, "What are you?" His question was asked in an utterly innocent manner, his voice filled with blind curiosity devoid of any guiding emotion as he looked Anthriel up and down in wonder, particularly if she had opted to cast aside the robe that she had elected to wear while indoors.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel tensed as Dori slapped her rear, turning and grinning before simply letting the family have at him, snickering as she got outside and grabbing the pole and buckets for the water. She didn't qualify as a lady, the very idea made her laugh rather loudly as the bar settled across her shoulders and she made her way towards the stream, humming the whole way.

Dipping the buckets into the stream, Anthriel filled them both and stood, starting to make her way back and freezing stock still as she heard the sound of a twig breaking, her power flaring to life inside her before she turned to look at the source, and saw a child, a small boy. Sighing and letting the power fade away, Anthriel set the buckets down and turned to look at him properly, her wings flexing slowly. "I'm... " Anthriel had to stop, she had almost said angel, and in truth that wasn't what she was, hell, she hardly knew for sure. She was a half blood, and the last of her kind and she had a name, or rather... They had a name for what she was, they had several actually...

"I'm an Angel sweety" Anthriel said, deciding not to bother a child with anything more complicated although the half truth stuck in her mouth, harsh and bitter. Smiling, Anthriel returned to her chore, taking the pole to set across her shoulders again to get the water back up to the house, not thinking about it. Something was making her nervous, jumpy. She did her best to shrug it off but even so, her power was only a thought away.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Oh..... What's an angel?" the boy asked, tilting his head as he gazed at Anthriel with wide eyes. "Can I be an angel? You're really pretty! I want to have wings like those!" He hopped across the stream, easily clearing the eight or so foot gap, thought to be fair he did start at a higher elevation than his target. He started following her towards Dori's house while pestering her with questions; "Can you fly? Are you magical? Stewart says that magic things are bad and should be burned, but he's a jerk, and you don't look dangerous! I bet you're really nice!" He wasn't actively preventing her from doing her chore, but he was following closely at her heel as she trod back towards the house with the buckets on her shoulders. What Anthriel wanted to do with him was up to her, and her alone, as there were still raised voices coming from inside, though now there were three of them instead of only one.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel chuckled as the boy followed her, and then did something unspeakable.... turned out to be a regular child, with entirely too many questions. Having him dog her heals as she made her way back was a little tooth grinding, but... He seemed a good kid. Turning around, she looked him in the eyes and put her fingers to her lips, pointing at the house. "Sounds like something is wrong, I should go find out what and finish my chores. O! and your questions?" Thinking for a moment, Anthriel stuck out her tongue, and then said. "Yes, yes, sounds like, not to good people, I try to be. Now, we're eating dinner and I'm sure you have chores to do, run along" She said smiling as sweetly as she could before turning to deliver the water she had been sent for... and ready to thump Dori on the noggin just to get whatever argument this was to end.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The child moaned unhappily at being shooed off, but then nodded and scampered off back the way he'd come, leaving Anthriel to set down her buckets and then head inside. Dori was leaning against one wall, his arms crossed over his chest as he frowned at his mother and sister. Kari was glaring irritably at him as if he'd just said something offensive for no reason, and his adoptive mother was glaring at him as if he'd just stabbed her in the chest. "Just because she didn't give birth to you doesn't make her any less your mother!" the younger woman spat venomously at Dori, who received the remark rather impassively.

"I never suggested that she wasn't," he began evenly, but Kari raised her voice over his; "BUT YOU JUST SAID THAT!" He paused a moment, glowering at her, before saying in a slightly more strained voice; "I said that I wasn't her child, not that she wasn't my mother. There's a difference. You've never done wrong by me, and I've grown up loving the both of you as my family. My real mother has never done anything for me beyond dropping me on your doorstep after I was born, and there's no love lost between us for that, I assure you. But... The fact remains that I am a dragon."

He paused, possibly for dramatic effect, and the other two women glowered at him softly, neither of them happy. "Mother... Did you really, honestly think that I was just going to stay here all my life? All of my - immortal - life? And that I would settle down with some mortal woman? I know that you two both want the best for me, but you've got be realistic about this. Neither of those things was likely to happen." Dori's words didn't seem to be mollifying either of them, and he paused a moment, allowing Anthriel an opportunity to speak if she wanted to. Her entrance had been missed by all three of them.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

"So, I leave to get water and hell rises in the kitchen." Anthriel said quietly, pulling up a chair and sitting down, her wings pulled in against her back. "Whether you care to hear the opinion of someone who's lived entirely too long or not, you're about to hear it. This sounds like Dori wants to leave, and in the end, both of you know that there is nothing physically that you can do to stop him, and you want him to stay because he's your family. But he can't stay, because at the end of the day, he's a dragon, not a human, and you need to let him go. As it stands, I've made no plans here, my mission is a farce, and I know, that if I stay, it's just going to bring problems that no one here can handle. Here's some food for thought, did it occur to you that that demon was after Dori in the first place? She wanted new captives, not anything you had to offer. Dori was originally the prize she was burning your world down around your ears to get and I got in the way. It doesn't matter what he wants, and what you want, or even what I want at this point, it's about what needs to happen. There was a fallen angel looking to take over that tower, not 24 hours after the demon was killed. Immortals are drawn to other immortals, for power, for personal gain, and a host of other reasons that are too long lived for most people to really grasp. You love your son? Let him go."

Finishing her speech, Anthriel just looked at everyone in turn, at no point in any of this had she raised her voice, everything spoken calmly despite her own conflicted feelings about everything. And it was the simple truth, that a quiet voice forced you to open your ears and listen. Standing, Anthriel walked outside, turning only to say one more thing. "I'm over 5000 years old, Dori has a similar lifespan to look forward to. Dori, I'll be on the roof."

She'd said her piece, hoping to put a few things into perspective for an angry family that didn't want to let go, and hell, Anthriel didn't want to leave either, but she knew she couldn't stay, not really. Hopping up onto the roof and waiting for it all to resolve itself, she knew it would, one way, or another.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Walking through the kitchen was more than enough to catch the eye of everyone else in the room, and her fairly pragmatic assessment of the situation caught even Dori by surprise. The dragon's mother and sister were taken aback by her words, but Dori himself appeared grim. He gave her a curt nod as she made her way out of the room, and she heard him as he addressed his family; "I know it isn't what you want.... It honestly isn't what I want either. Believe me, I'd love to stay here forever, living just like we are right now. But... That's not possible. We all know it, even if we don't want to admit it. Anthriel was right. That demon, she didn't attack Honeyleaf for you. She attacked it in order to get to me, because she could sense that something powerful was here even if she couldn't pinpoint exactly where it was. I'm not saying that you'll be any safer without me around, but.... You'd be less of a target. And... I need to learn to live my own life eventually, right? Like Anthriel said.... I've got a lot of it to live."

There was silence then, and Anthriel went up to the roof, to look up into the late afternoon sky. Before Dori joined her, however, there was a quiet flap of wings, and Anthriel sensed another presence. A familiar presence. "Anthriel." A deep, cold voice, devoid of feeling and just slightly menacing sounded from the corner of the roof, and standing upon it, almost within arms reach, was an angel. But not just any angel.... Castiel. Wingless and clad in grey armor with silver filigree, he gazed down at Anthriel with an expression almost but not quite a scowl.

"It is good to see you well," he continued, speaking in the same tone in which he said everything, "You did well in protecting this village from the demon. Xeon warned us of her break from her authority mere hours ago. That you took care of the problem before we had to was.... Refreshing. Are you well?" The question was odd coming from the other angel, who could loosely be described as the spy of the angels. He was also known to be quite ruthless and efficient, willing to do whatever was needed in order to achieve whatever goal his Insight showed to him, which occasionally but not often involved the deaths of mortals, albeit never intentionally by his hand. Like the rest of his kin, he was far from evil or cruel, but if any angel other than herself was considered a black sheep of the family (barring the actual fallen angels of course) it was Castiel.

Dori arrived mere moments later, and quite reasonably looked on the stranger suddenly standing on his roof with a good deal of suspicion. "Alright," he began irritably, "Just who the fuck are you and what are you doing here?"

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel stiffened as she heard the other angel speak, Spy, Assassin perhaps, who knew with Castiel, that was how he had earned his reputation after all and his being here made her nervous. But she stayed still, listening to what he had to say, only turning to look at him incredulously as he asked if she was alright. That was odd, that was more then odd, that was downright confusing. Standing slowly, the half breed regarded him carefully before speaking, weighing each word carefully.

"Castiel, why would you care if I was alright. If you want to know something just ask..."

She didn't trust him, simply because what he was, although she had been sorely tempted to reach out to him once upon a time. But Castiel never showed up anywhere without a reason, and one generally dictated by his Insight rather then anything else. Cold, Calculating, Ruthless, Castiel was someone you always took seriously, even if it made no sense at the time.

"I'll tell you that the demon is gone, the tower is destroyed, and a Fallen one has been poking around, that I'm in good health and as confused as ever by my so called "assignments". I can only think of two reasons that you would come to see me anymore Castiel, one is to kill me, the other is to pump me for information. Although i hold you in higher esteem then most, your presence around me hardly fills me with warm, fuzzy thoughts. What do you want Castiel.

And then Dori showed up, going straight into his young and inexperienced act as he asked very rudely who Castiel was. "Castiel, Dori. Dori, Castiel" She said gesturing, motioning at both of them in turn. "Dori, please be very polite to mister Castiel, he's another Angel." She said to Dori, her gaze warning him that now was not the time to be rash, not with someone as potentially dangerous as Castiel around. Still, she was violently confused by his question.

"Look, Castiel, if you're honestly concerned for me, then I'm flattered and grateful. Apologies"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel: HP = 71, PP = 71, EP = 148, Status = Fine, Pregnant

Dori continued to glare at Castiel as the angel nodded slightly in his direction. The angel turned back to Anthriel without speaking to the dragon and offered something of an explanation; "That is good to hear... We expected to have to intervene here, and finding out that you've cleaned this up before we had to step in is one less burden on our resources. I can assure that I'm not here to kill you, nor am I here to...."

He trailed off, blinking, and then suddenly blurted; "You're pregnant." Dori's scowl vanished in an instant, replaced immediately by a shocked look as his skin paled visibly.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel nodded and continued to listen carefully as Castiel apparently started to explain why he was here, but he never got that far as the words, "You're Pregnant" Suddenly came out of his mouth...

"You have got to be kidding me... That's not... But we only... And Dori's... O dear." Watching Dori visibly pale at the pronouncement from Castiel, and Anthriel's apparent inability to even process that information all at once, no matter how simple it was, there was an akward moment of silence as Anthriel fidgeted slightly where she was. Anthriel was overjoyed in a way at the news, and terrified in others as she looked at Castiel, her nervousness apparent as her thoughts drifted to Michael and her dream before. She didn't have Insight as far as she or anyone else knew so her dreams were usually just that, dreams.

"Castiel... Not a word... To Anyone..." She said quietly, looking between him and Dori and ready to run. It was an irrational response but Anthriel was suddenly terrified for the unborn in her womb that was apparently growing, and then something horrifying settled in the pit of her stomach... It could be the demons... "Do you know who the Father is... or... Is.... Castiel, is the child Dori's." She asked quietly.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yes, it is the dragon's child," Castiel said quickly, "And I won't tell Michael.... But it's likely that he already knows." There was an awkward silence, interrupted moments later as Dori toppled sideways and fell noisily off of the roof. A few seconds after the crash of his fall, he half-heartedly whimpered up; "I'm.... I'm okay...."

Castiel stared blankly at the spot where Dori had tumbled off of the roof for a moment before turning back to Anthriel. "This... Will be a very dangerous time for you, Anthriel. I had come here to question you about what happened in the tower, but now.... I'll have to come up with something else to do, something to keep me away from Michael. You say that one of the fallen is in the area? Do you know where?"

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel blinked as Dori fell off the roof, smiling despite the situation as he insisted he was fine and Castiel stared at the spot before speaking again. Warning that Michael was already most likely aware of the child, and that this would obviously be dangerous. Nodding as these were accepted, her mind still balked at the idea that Michael would act so aggressively, but in her gut she knew it, and that Gabriel likely wouldn't defend her this time as he had so long ago.

Thinking very hard about the conversation she had had with the fallen angel, Anthriel closed her eyes and tried to remember which direction the angel had taken upon her leave, but all the memories brought to her was her moment of rage when she had destroyed the tower, and admittedly of fear when the fallen one had shown up to chastise her of all people for her rash actions, she was still thankful she hadn't been drawn into a fight at that time. Looking at Castiel, Anthriel did the only right thing she could think to do in the situation, told him everything she knew. If he was honestly going to help her of all people, which shocked her, then she would have to do so in kind.

"Castiel... I... What happpened in the tower, I was actually unable to kill the demon without aid and wound up captured, and raped..." She said, gesturing half heartedly to the tail that was even now sulking slightly behind her, "The dragons came to help, a beautiful silver dragon who did far more work then I did, and when my powers warped, I turned the demon to stone. Dori was responsible for getting there help and it's Dori you should be thanking for cleaning this up in the end, not me. As for the fallen one, our darker Cousin appeared to profess an interest in me, and the tower shortly after I destroyed it, and judging from the way she spoke, if she was going to show up anywhere again, it would be around me, rather then somewhere in particular. Although in her very first statements she specifically mentioned Acheron. Xeon would probably know a great deal more then I about our fallen kindred, although whether or not she'll offer the information I rightfully have no idea. I wish I had more to give you Castiel. I take it it would be best if we left as soon as possible, before Michael decides to move."

Giving what information she had to Castiel, who would wield it as sword and shield both in the coming days, she truly hoped he would be alright, which surprised her. Why, now of all times, did she care about the well being of another angel. And then it clicked. She didn't care about another angel, she cared about another kind soul. She cared about Castiel, not what he was, and that he would aid her so readily gave her a little hope.

Calling down to Dori, she looked over the roof at him. "Dori, We need to go, Now. Thank you Castiel..."

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Castiel listened, panic edging into his normally impassive features as Anthriel reported what had happened at the tower. When she had finished, it was impossible to tell what he thought of it, or whether he recognized the emotions brewing within her, and after she had offered her thanks and called Dori back up onto the roof, Castiel replied; "No need to apologize... Or to thank me. Not yet. This.... This is good, actually. It'll keep me busy, that way I won't have to report to Michael." He nodded, and offered what turned out to be his parting words, as he vanished the moment that the last syllable had left his lips; "Stay safe Anthriel. I'll be in touch."

Dori clambered back up onto the roof, frowning and still pale. "Heaven's sake...." he muttered under his breath, "I don't even.... What are we going to do?" He flopped onto the tiling and held his head in his hands, "I knew I wasn't going to stay here forever, but... This is a lot sooner than I was planning on moving out! And I don't know the first thing about being a father!"

He groaned softly, shaking his head, but then from the ground came; "..... You wanna run that one by me one more time, little brother?" Karie was standing on the ground, a hand on her hip as she glared sternly up at the two of them. Dori, who had already been white as a sheet from the news of Anthriel's pregnancy, turned a pale shade of green and hung his head further.

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel nodded as Castiel faded away, smiling slightly before she saw Dori's reaction, and then heard Karie below. And there it was, the fury she was famous for, bubbling to the surface like the beginnings of a volcanic eruption clawing its way to the surface of a new born world to tear the landscape asunder in a primal and decadent display of the earth's rage and power. The power of change, the wheels of fortune spinning wildly as they always had and as the Fate's decreed. Looking at Dori with something clawing at her mind just behind her shining black gaze, she turned those forsaken eyes down upon Karie and the sheer power of the spirit that burned within her was visible for a moment as the turmoil of her own emotions made itself known to the world. Castiel had said that she was in danger, that her child was in danger, and to see Dori hang his head in shame rather then raise it with pride filled her with a rage that caused her to shake as a single glowing tear slid down her cheek. "This is no time to act like a child Dori, you're long past that now raise your gaze like the man I know is right before me and let the Dragon that I've felt burning within you tell you what the right path is."

Her attempt to keep her voice level was hopeless, her voice shaking as she started to tremble, her fists clenching at her sides as her breathing quickened and she struggled to keep herself under control. Her mind was a mess of twisting emotions as her tail lashed from side to side agitatedly. "My path is clear as it can be, I must run and far before either the window of time before me closes or something befalls you or your family. I... I await your decision." Anthriel said before vaulting off of the roof and rising on a thermal, her wings catching the warm air as it spiraled from the earth below to raise her above the world and it's concerns. The world had shrunk in one crystalline moment to her, her unborn, and an uncertain future. As if willed by her, or something else, a single feather slid from her wings to float on the air as if guided into Dori's hands humming softly with power, a fragment of herself. Whether it was intentional or not, or whether it mattered in the end far or near as Anthriel turned her gaze to the horizon, she didn't know. Dori could follow, or he could stay, but now he always held a piece of her with him regardless of the decision he reached. She needed to think of the child and take Castiel's words to her deepest heart. She would head north, flying high above the world amongst the clouds to mask her from those below. She wasn't terribly strong, or fast, but the currents in the air high above that circled the world would speed her journey as she headed towards the mountains with all the haste she could muster. A part of her screamed out to the world around her for Dori to follow, but why should he. Why should he leave behind his family for her, no one had cared before, not really. Rage gave way to a moment of despair that was tempered by her resolve to protect her child from what had befallen her. She had no allies if he chose to stay behind except an angel that was looked upon with suspicion even by his fellows that may or may not aid her. Looking back over her shoulder one last time, she checked to see if the one the people looked up to as the Shadow Dragon, the father of her child, had followed.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel's words, combined with the sense of threat that naturally emanated from her when she started raising her powers, caused the dragon to turn on her with anger in his eyes, albeit a cold anger compared to her own panic-induced fury. "A child? What the hell right do you have to talk to me like that?" he grumbled as he climbed to his feet. Karie, who had apparently felt none of Anthriel's earlier display, looked on in confusion and worry. "What are you two getting on each other about?" she asked incredulously, "There's no reason that you two need to - Hey! Where are you going?" Whatever Karie had been about to say, it was interrupted by Anthriel's sudden take off, and she heard Dori calling her name in frustrated anger as she soared off into the skies.

When she glanced back during her flight, she did indeed see the shape of a familiar great winged serpent soaring amongst the clouds, blacker than the night through which she flew. The familiar sense of his power, fiery and potent, came right along with him, and he was a much faster and more agile flier than she was despite his bulk while in dragon form. He caught up to her easily, and before she could move away the black dragon gripped Anthriel in its claws. Dori's grasp wasn't harmful by any means, and the sight of the foot long claws on his front limbs was evidence enough that he could have torn her out of the air if he'd wanted to, but neither was it particularly comfortable. Regardless, unless she outright attacked him, Dori dipped beneath the clouds and rapidly plummeted back to the ground. Despite his rapid descent, a quick shift of direction made his landing silent save for a rush of moving air and the scattering of fallen autumn leaves that it caused.

They had come down in an unfamiliar stretch of forest, assuming that Anthriel didn't try to blast her way free, and Dori rapidly shifted back to human form, leaving her being held on her feet at arms length by the black-clad man. "What in the hell was that?" he demanded angrily, her feather sticking slightly out of his pocket. Glaring at her, he began to roar right in her face; "You can't just go flying off in a huff like that! Where in the hell do you think you're even going to go? You didn't even give me enough time to say goodbye to my mother before you make me chase after you, and make sure that you don't go and get yourself and our child killed!"

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel's heart soared a little as she saw Dori following after her, and then of course she realised how big he was, and then she was in his grip and she flailed a little which predictably got her absolutely nowhere as they flew back towards the ground and landed. She probably could have just popped into a swarm of herself right then and there and started screaming right back at him but she didn't really have it in her, it was all a front at this point in time and it didn't hold.

"Why not..." She whispered, "why should you or anyone else care, wouldn't you be happier to be left with your family and leave me be, why does it matter where I got to hide or anywhere else for all the difference it will make. Leave the cranky halfbreed to her fate and just live your life like I don't exist, it's what everyone else does, apart from Cas it seems which surprises me as much as this news does, and then to see you hang your head and karie glare up at us..."

It was like the ability to speak had simply flown from her at this point, but she still noticed the feather as she looked down and realised she couldn't match his gaze any more, he was right and she was ashamed of it. She was prone to violence, but panic wasn't really like her, and that was what had happened. Had she really managed to find someone with a temper that was just as bad as hers was? The thought alone was laughable and she found herself chuckling despite the grip she was in or any further screaming she took at only inches away even though the volume of his voice made her ears ring and the world shook around her. So this was a dragon huh, she liked it better when she could actually feel it and see it and touch it, rather then the disguise he wore.

"I'm afraid Dori, you happy with that answer? And maybe I don't really understand the concept of having a family, although you seem to have one that cares about you, consider yourself lucky. Maybe I thought you'd be just like everyone else and tell the freak to go away or worse that you didn't want anything to do with a child from a woman you met only a couple days ago. So many maybes and what ifs and how the fucks. You're right, I have no idea where I'm going but the urge to crawl under a rock and hide is pretty tempting despite how many that would give quite the laugh to. A few things are dead certain Dori, I don't like it on the ground, I don't like the bruises you're leaving on my arm, and I don't like the woods you managed to land us in. So if we're going back for you to say your goodbyes then lets go, I wont run again."

The bruises she was alluding to were the places where his grip had wrapped around the chains that fed from her collar down to her wrist and probably just from the grip alone, his physical form monstrously stronger then her own.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel's self-pity was not received well by her lover. From the end of her first sentence in response to his angry demand for answers to her mention of the dragon's adoptive sister, Dori looked increasingly angry, until he looked almost like he wanted to throttle her. "Alright, first of all.... I can hardly fucking live my life like you don't exist, Anthriel. I wasn't hanging my head in shame, I was fucking stunned because I was just notified by some guy that I've never met before that I'm going to be a father less than a day after losing my gods-damned virginity! I'm not going to walk out on you, I'm not going to let you go off on your own, and I sure as hell am not going to abandon our child with you! And Karie wasn't glaring at anyone! It's called shock damnit! Some of us don't charge off when we're panicking!"

His chest heaving, Dori paused a moment to catch his breath. He released her arm with a momentary frown of shame, and then began to speak at a more normal volume; "We don't need to go back. Karie will say goodbye to my mother, and I've promised to visit when things clear over a little, but for now we're free to go wherever we like." His features became a little bit more cross, "And we're staying on the bloody ground until we actually have a destination in mind. Both of us are giant targets up in the sky, and the clouds aren't going to offer any cover from anything that's powerful enough to take on both of us at once. We're safer down here, and ironically much harder to track by anyone with the ability to use magic, even if more mundane methods might actually work. There's nothing that's going to bother staying down here that can do more than inconvenience us anyway, so relax."

He sighed, but then a cocky grin spread across his face, and he said; "Besides, much as I might like that nice, round ass of yours, putting a bit of muscle on your legs won't hurt you any~"

Courage Wolf

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Anthriel looked up slowly as he pointed out that he wasn't leaving which sent a slurry of mixed feelings through her, but primarily she was just happy he was here despite all the screaming she had just taken. Still... She gave a slight sigh when he released her arms, reaching up to rub under the chains. "Fine, then the ground it... " her answer had been cut off by the womanly death stare regarding the comment about her ass and muscling up her legs a little with walking. "O is that what you think~ Shame." She said turning, her wings wrapped around her and quite ruining any show he might have gotten as she walked. "Well then remind me to put my foot up yours when that happens" She muttered, resisting the urge to slap him for a moment before calming herself down.

"Well then, do YOU have any idea where to go? or even where we are?" She said, starting to walk in a direction picked almost completely at random because standing still was going to get Dori actually kicked in the rear end. "And don't lose that feather." She said on a thought, remembering the thing sticking out of his pocket. Still fuming a little, rather then hitting him, Anthriel tugged at the collar and the chains a little and scowled as she walked. "I hate these things... And if it makes you feel any better Dori, you were my real first as well, I'm not going to count the demon."

Last edited: