What's new

SIM [Old Huntsman] Jack-o-nine-tails [SLG]

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [SLG] Jack-o-nine-tails

found it, didn't see the clickable link in all that text, thanks.

though he hasn't been on since july. does any one have a link to the file he can't share because it contains loli?

Last edited:

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

after downloading the game and the english patch. where do i go to start the game after loading the english file? i got past the "yes i am an adult and wish to continue" but it just shows the same greed picture with poker cards as the picture in the first post of this thread. there isn't anything to click after.

edit: actually, after straining my eyes i found there WAS something to click but i have no idea what it says because it's so small. any one have any idea how to enlarge the text?

Attachments

Last edited:

Joshyan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Could someone give me a patch?

I tried to merge them but it's failed and batch file didn't work.

chrisxkar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i have the same problem.I tried editing the font size with qsp editor but the letters seems like they didnt change.
Nevermind just saw the reply that its incompatible

Last edited:

jemand69

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Im quite happy that the new version has a rather big tutorial which covers most of the frequently asked questions.

Please note:
VM is currently very busy IRL and has little time for further translation. I know this is annoying to hear, but since my russian skills are limited to insults i learned from playing dota2, i cant help him in that regard.

Please stay patient, the result should make up for the wait.

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

There is any way to try this game in eng since if I try to translate the text it appear little and the button doesn't work....
"If yes (it's possible)", can you send me a PM link? Also an old version for me is ok, Cya

Joshyan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

jsrfuture said:
new translation : github.com/thevm/jack/tree/english

first off you need to replace this "for file in listdir(dir):" by this "for file in listdir(unicode(dir, 'utf-8')):" in split_file.py.

be sure to put qgen and tx2gam in the same folder.

create a *.txt file and put "split_file.py --merge2 jack.txt" in it, save it as merge.bat

put merge.bat in the repository, double click on it, it should create a txt file name "jack.txt" in the repository.

go in jack o ninetail game folder, select jack.qsp and jack.qproj, copy them, create a new folder named original, paste both file in it.

open qgen.exe, in qgen open jack.qsp, it should be in jack o nine tail game folder.

in qgen click on game, import a txt2gam file, select jack.txt in the repository and import it and replace everything.

in qgen, click on game, save, be sure to go in jack o nine tail folder and click on jack.qsp to save over it.

Enjoy

Just to clarify some thing the translation is not complete yet but it is playable

DO NOT download the repository using the webbrowser or the zip file it will corrupt most of the text file and you wont be able to compile them, you need a third party program to download it, many are availlable on github, be sure to download the English branch, not the master one or the test_fix one.

i personaly use atlassian sourcetree to clone repository from github, it is easy to understand and specify wich branch to download in the advanced clone option.

i did not translate or did any of the work, but the explanation to do it are quite... well not clear to me

jack.txt should have around 7500 kb if it vary more then +/- 100kb your file is corrupted and wont work.

I can post on forum yet so if you could explain to everyone else on the forum im sure it would be helpful to the impatient who can't wait the full patch.
It's work!!! Easy to understand too!!!

Thanks!!!

Furry_me

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Can somone PM me how to join the translation and what programs to youse. Tried but failed sofar ;X

jappetto

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Probably I make some mistake but the qgen.exe keep crashing when import...

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I followed the guide but the language is still all in russian.

The first time I went through, I somehow just ended up with a white screen but now it is just in russian.

I've split jack into jack.txt, used qgen to open jack.qsp, import jack.txt, and then saved it but I still can't manage to get this to work.

Does the fact that it asks me for the game's password have to do with my problem?

the_vm

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The problem here - is impatience. You people just need to wait until it will be done, and then I will post ready version with full translation that has an easy installation and also instructions how to do that. I'm not asking you to compile translation by yourselves, just get some patience - it will be rewarded.

Joshyan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I followed the guide but the language is still all in russian.

The first time I went through, I somehow just ended up with a white screen but now it is just in russian.

I've split jack into jack.txt, used qgen to open jack.qsp, import jack.txt, and then saved it but I still can't manage to get this to work.

Does the fact that it asks me for the game's password have to do with my problem?
Use "Save as"

You don't need to put any password.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@the_vm: Oh, okay. I thought this was one of those DIY projects. I can wait.

the_vm

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Quickly update: #txt is half done, dialogs and some interaction descriptions was translated. I think I will finish all dialogs and maybe all interactions on this weekend, so only the slave's background descriptions will remain.

Leriexner

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Quickly update: #txt is half done, dialogs and some interaction descriptions was translated. I think I will finish all dialogs and maybe all interactions on this weekend, so only the slave's background descriptions will remain.
Thanks for the info! :) Love this game from what I've played.

vaduce

Reputation score

How do the slave rankings even work? I can barely get a slave past F- rank.

PaganWarlord

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

How do the slave rankings even work? I can barely get a slave past F- rank.
When you click on slaves portrait to open her stats screen and then on her rank it will show you what needs to be improved to get promoted. In most cases its about increasing obedience and learning common and sex skills. at some point slave might need better base stats (clicking on a stat will tell you how it can be improved)

Some stats like intellect and determination are a royal pain to increase but you don't need all stats to be S-rank (bright green) to get an S-rank slave