What's new

Off-Topic thread

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Off-Topic thread

Vinegar based forever! North Carolina pulled pork barbecue is the best barbecue. Fact.

Sojourner

Demon Girl
Reputation score

A) I have yet to find a good vinegar-based sauce for pork. The flavor profile of the meat changes too much.

B) Four days since the last post? I know Toxic and RJ were getting sick of all the OT posts in several of the threads, but this is the OT Thread! Surely someone can find something to ramble incoherently about. Besides the poofta "vampires" in Twilight.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

ron white is good but he reuses a lot of stuff.

who is the guy who did the stupid people stand up about giving them signs. that way we would know they where stupid.

moomoo78

Her Boyfriend is Hung Like a Horse
Reputation score

ron white is good but he reuses a lot of stuff.

who is the guy who did the stupid people stand up about giving them signs. that way we would know they where stupid.
Bill Engval is your answer my good despot "heres your sign"

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Ah, Blue Collar Comedy Tour... one of the few good things to grace the movie channels I used to have.

OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

A) Surely someone can find something to ramble incoherently about. Besides the poofta "vampires" in Twilight.
Rules:
1. No poofters!
2. No member of the faculty is to maltreat the Abos in any way whatsoever... if there's anyone watching.
3. No poofters!
4. Now this term I don't wanna catch anybody not drinkin'.
5. No poofters!
6. There is NO... rule six.
7. No poofters!

Darmy647

Lurker
Reputation score

I enjoyed Dennis Leary's Douche bags and Doughnuts special last night. That guy is fuckin hilarious.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

This thread should serve it's purpose:

What is the deadliest creature, pound for pound?

The discussion had started in the New Age Introduction thread and was centering around various forms of ants. Ants having incredible strength to lift about 12 times their body weight and attack in swarms (save bull ants in Australia says Nunu, who would attack their own halves). Army ants were also brought up.

But what says the community?

OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

I don't remember the name of them, but I remember seeing something about a type of ant in the Amazon that their soldiers literally build like a arching tunnel over their column of workers. Anything, including humans, that is unlucky enough to fall into the arch-tunnel are killed pretty quickly.

That's why i like boring old Appalachia.

EDIT. Nevermind, these are the same army ants.

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

If I'm not wrong, army ants are also blind. Could also be bullet ants, but I'm not sure.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The idea that the creature is pound for pound completely negates the idea that it can attack in swarms. We are talking singular here.
I think that a larger size scorpion might likely take a bull ant its size.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Fair enough, but also remember that the larger the scorpion the less powerful its venom. A smaller scorpion would have a more powerful poison and be more deadly.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm tempted to say humans but that seems cheap because we need to use tools or a group to take down a larger predator. So going by what I think Toxic means by pound for pound deadliest predator.

My vote goes to the wolverine. An adult male would be roughly the size of a medium dog on average, about 65–87 cm (25–34 inches) in length and 10–25 kg (22–55 lb). I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I've read of a wolverine taking on a black bear (roughly 226 kg (500 lbs)) and coming out the victor.

I'm of course skipping over venomous creatures as I believe Toxic said he wasn't including them. If we include those however I would probably change to either the cone snail or blue-ringed octopus.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

No, they're fine, I just am unsure about venoms because they're not universally potent. My vote at the time was cone snail as well. The same idea is why I pick a larger scorpion over a smaller one, as I'd think more power to the pincers is important, it just needs any kind of venom or powerful tail after that.

It seems to be an issue of size though as some things are better off with a small size and making it a bigger target hurts it more than helps it.

I'm somewhat surprised, almost immediately, someone brings up jellyfish. Although I don't like them as an answer, I can't argue much against some of them, except when fighting something more armored.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

rule, its the siafu that are blind. army ants are like a cleaning service in south america, they come in and take every living insect in the remote offices and leave no trace of themselves. siafu dismantle cows. and gator that is the siafu.

as for jelly fish, australia wins again with the box jellyfish.

Last edited:
OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Nasty little bugger. I know he's a type of box jelly, but thought I'd share anyway.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

And now for something delightfully off topic:
Is there any movie or Movies that is coming out this you any body is just really excited about, have hopes or expectations for, or looking forward to?

OP
Gatorbait

Gatorbait

*hic*
Reputation score

Was that a deliberate attempt to get us off our other off-topic topic?