What's new

[Nutaku] Angelic Saga

Gromelon

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: [Nutaku] Angelic Saga

Game sure looks interesting, but it all comes down to mechanics, balance, and how devs will handle it.

Card games are notoriously hard to balance properly. Add pay-2-win nature of Gatcha-dependent card acquisition to this equation and it's much easier to fall into the dark side of power creep instead of balancing it out so new cards are different and compliment old ones, not make them obsolete. Seen it happen, and it's not a very fun thing.

Guess I'll try it out, but won't treat as anything serious for now - burned on card game once, don't want to experience it again. With Aigis being SP game it does not matter as much, and PPS have its competitive and f2p nature in areas not affecting gameplay itself as much, so they stay as the main ones.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not really. She costs only 2, she can block, and she draws you 2 cards for free. You dot really playing anything on your first turn if your going first - may as well play her.
you can't block with her or she will die and lose out on her eff. she is only useful on her first turn if you summon her. anything else you risk her being destroyed. not right now against the ai, but i doubt real opponents will try and leave cards on my side of the field.

gimmick

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So I finished the through the quest 'Vengeful Valedictorian'. Do we have to wait for the event period to end to get Strategist Ryumei?

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

100% progress? did you collect her from your gifts/chest? i got her yesterday immediately after completing it and collecting her.

JimmyBob100

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

So I finished the through the quest 'Vengeful Valedictorian'. Do we have to wait for the event period to end to get Strategist Ryumei?
The Dash rewards are in the second tab of the Missions menu and are available as soon as you meet each objective.

gimmick

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The Dash rewards are in the second tab of the Missions menu and are available as soon as you meet each objective.
Thank You. I didn't notice that tab. Apparently I failed my observation roll, sigh.

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So anyway, just fought another stage boss and they pulled a card that sends a played card back into my hand. As a warning to people, when a card is sent back to your hand you lose all permanent buff effects on it.

Bill13

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

you can't block with her or she will die and lose out on her eff. she is only useful on her first turn if you summon her. anything else you risk her being destroyed. not right now against the ai, but i doubt real opponents will try and leave cards on my side of the field.
I find her useful early and for keeping the pressure on an opponent in a close match or in one your barely winning. Attacking cards in defense can be quite dangerous when you know they're defense heavy and/or have traps prepared though the ai doesn't care. The Ai will attack anything anytime for the hell of it. A player would be less likely to randomly attack a hidden card unless they're already at an advantage or know their opponent has little defensive potential. Beating some of these irritating decks that throw out nothing but 1200-2k+ cards can be pretty damn annoying if you don't have extra draw to work with. I chose water as my starter though so I tend to use a lot of defensive cards anyway.

Either way the low cost cards tend to blow mid-late game so at least it has the potential to be useful even later in the game. Once I hit 6 mana pretty much every non-trap below that turns into mana except emily some of the time.

akoss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The normal cost to draw 2 cards is . Emily is good, even if you sometimes have to just treat her as a 2 drop.

There also seems to be strictly worse draw spells of a that make you discard as well. Not sure if I am misunderstanding the machine translation or not.

joker901

Demon Girl
Reputation score

When are tournaments usually held? I always seem to miss them. Are they held only once per day or something?

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I figured they just weren't implemented yet since I've never seen someone with a rating different than 1200 in arena and ranking was empty. Plus previous tournament is greyed out for me.

joker901

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I figured they just weren't implemented yet since I've never seen someone with a rating different than 1200 in arena and ranking was empty. Plus previous tournament is greyed out for me.
Yeah I was looking at the rankings or whatever and it seemed different than yesterday. The top person had like 140+ pts or something and yesterday the highest was in the 80s. So I figured I must have missed a tournament.:eek:

Rawr1125

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Yeah I was looking at the rankings or whatever and it seemed different than yesterday. The top person had like 140+ pts or something and yesterday the highest was in the 80s. So I figured I must have missed a tournament.:eek:
That's just medals, you get them from arena so 140 pts sounds about right if you focus your entire time only on this game. I'm at 45 myself with a lot of time put into Peropero and Aigis instead of this game.

dartred

Tentacle God
Reputation score

FB nutaku says tournaments start on tuesday.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score

Do we have some kind of table or such to list how much EXP it takes to max out a card? Does it vary depending on the rarity or anything?

I'd think a N would cost less then a SSR to go up the same number of levels, different level caps not included.

JimmyBob100

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

All cards seem to take 151 exp to go from level 1 -> 2 regardless of rarity, so they may just have different caps.

I used a SSR experience (10000 xp) on the free SR and that got her to level 31 (most of the way to 32).

OP
S

szarala

Tentacle God
Reputation score

well a couple of things to note about leveling cards.. rarity matters yes, but so does element matching. There's also a random factor thrown in that sorta makes charting it difficult.

edit: and I just realized you're talking about exp tnl, not exp gained from fodder cards. I'll still leave this post here for general info.

akoss

Sex Demon
Reputation score

How does EX work? Is it an upgrade/awakening process or are they completely different cards?

Gromelon

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Things I dislike of found lacking so far:

1)Grindy and horribly time-consuming nature of Arena. I would like it much more if it were PvP - cpu is dumb as a log and there's no interest playing against it at all. If there's any element of the game able to burn players out of it - it's this one.

2)I don't know if it's connection timer set low or game behaves like this due to day 1 overload, but it seem to lose connection when I leave it for around 30-60+ minutes. For browser game it's way too fast.

3)UI is terribly undeveloped. No indication of how much exp is needed to lvl a card, nor how much exp cards you selected will bring. Card sorting breaks to default after any action. Not even touching deck builder design and usability.
This is hardly acceptable in a game where dealing with hundreds of cards is daily if not hourly task.

4)Battle mechanics seems.. lacking. This is coming from long-time fanatic of both digital and physical card games, so it's at least 50% rant and should be taken with a grain of salt due to semi-casual browser nature of AS. But having a maximum of 5 cards in hand with 2 drawn each turn is terrible for any sort of planning and tactics. Add to that self-healing of attacking and defending cards to maximum at the end of turn and the game comes down to vomiting your hand on the field as soon as possible and pray that opponent is unable to do the same. There's some interesting spells and effects, sure, but their role in gaining momentum is tertiary at best, after quality of cards and simple luck of draw.
Basically, by stripping the game of its h-nature (which is not that wide and impressive in the first place) you will find it severely lacking as a card game.

Oh, and that's not me hatin' or anything. Just a bit of constructive criticism.