Mage Guild:
More recipes for enchanting
Increases slots in drops
Increases chance of finding enchanted drops
Can get information about enemy weak points

miri

Reputation score
Re: Gears of Dragoon

In dungeon, i keep hearing those bells....what it means? A day just passed?

nonamesleft

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Thanks for the help Froggus.

As for the bells, yea, that signifies a change in the elemental property of the time. Every 100 steps or rounds changes the time. enemies are stronger when they have the same elemental property as the time. All monsters are significantly stronger when it is dark and the music changes.

HangerDanger

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

Warrior Guild:
Deal more damage
Affects shop inventory
Affects quality of drops
Increases how much you can carry and store in the warehouse

Thief Guild:
Increased drop rate
Decreased damage from traps and damage floors
Increased chance of surprising enemy
Increased odds of fleeing from enemy

Holy Guild:
Take less damage
Recover some HP and MP while walking around
Affects quality of drops
Something about having a chance of finding dragon stones

Mage Guild:
More recipes for enchanting
Increases slots in drops
Increases chance of finding enchanted drops
Can get information about enemy weak points
This is all true,but this stuff has more effects on one another besides all of this...For example if you have only warrior guild improvements you will have great mellee equipment sold in shops but you won't have any enchated equipment sold,but put some points into mage guild improvement and you'll see enchanted swords and armor sold in the shop(the already enchanted equipment sold in the shop is arguably worse than the stuff you can make yourself,but it's okay if you need a weapon enchanted with a certain element and you don't want to hunt for magic ore)...
Actually i find it ridicuolus just how much more usefull the unechanted weapons are than the enchanted ones...Basically between the element bonus against a certain other element and a reduced normal damage and the equipment with no particular advantage but also without a particular dissadvantage and a higher base damage,i'll always choose the higher damage one which is good generally against everything over something that gets weaker against a certain element...

Also if you combine thiefs guild improvements and magic guild ones you will naturally see magic guns and stuff sold in the shop(basically anything that has something to do with lightly armed and armored characters that aren't mages)...
This also holds true for the holy guild and magic guild...

Last edited:

miri

Reputation score

is it just me or....the blonde girl with sword and shield is really weak? Small damage output+not really durable despite with shield equipped (the red haired girl one is more tankier)
Also i heard there is Law and Chaos path, when i can choose one of em?

nonamesleft

Demon Girl
Reputation score

She does have some defensive skills, buffing skills, and minor healing skills, but I personally prefer to use more specialized healers and damage dealers.

The route splits at the beginning of chapter 4. It may be that you will not have an option if your Law and Chaos values are too different, I don't know. pages 20-27 of the guide that came with the torrent show all the events that change something. the first section is the general events followed by sections for each individual girl, and ends with the ending conditions. I cant make it all out since I cant read Japanese and it is not machine translatable but I do know ロウ=law, カオス=chaos.

Last edited:

Dargoth

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Taking a look at the walkthrough, it says that if your chaos points are higher than your law points at that point in chapter 4, you can't select the law route. If you take the chaos route, it looks like there are still opportunities to earn chaos points, which I suppose affect the endings or the game in some way. Law route doesn't look like it has any points past the break.

Dargoth

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

In case anyone was still interested in playing this, someone (Russian?) made an English interface translation.

The 1.04 patch for the game that you need is on this page: (tn04_patch104.zip (38.8MB))

etermoon

Reputation score

Can someone please help me what's going on with my game? or if there's any solution to it? I came to this crash when I'm fighting Geist law route. Please help.

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img607/1724/crashz.jpg

&

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img27/2430/crash2s.jpg

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Can someone please help me what's going on with my game? or if there's any solution to it? I came to this crash when I'm fighting Geist law route. Please help.

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img607/1724/crashz.jpg

&

h**p://imageshack.us/a/img27/2430/crash2s.jpg
Looks like a normal bug in the game. Have you installed the latest patch?

R.S.

Reputation score

since this one is relatively new should we be expecting an english trans anytime soon?

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

since this one is relatively new should we be expecting an english trans anytime soon?
Nope,they would need about 10-20 days.If they would even translate it.

R.S.

Reputation score

pity its a great game, just wish i knew WHAT people were saying.:(
On that note who would most likely be translating it?

nonamesleft

Demon Girl
Reputation score

1.05a patch is out

R.S.

Reputation score

Thx was wondering what it was. Do we have any knowledge of a possible translator? Granted the basic patch helps ,but most of us would prefer to know what is being said and done rather than make intuitive assumptions.

Rally9981

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well, I just hope they could get the whole interface patch done. It's a big pain to find out what button does what. Dialogue I can make do with AGTH and Atlas

Status
Not open for further replies.