What's new

My crafty projects

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Art isn't just something you can draw. I want to set up this thread and post pictures of how I make art with yarn, chainmail and a sewing machine.

Chainmail:

Sewing: I'm really proud of this one. It was a tough pattern and the worst possible material to work with.

Kitting:
The first three images are a hat in progress
The Orange thing was my first project. A scarf for Ben
The next two images are something I made to play with making a Braided Cable pattern. Small yarn is hard to knit
The next is a dishcloth for Ben's mom and the one after it will be a scarf for his mom.
The one not started is what I'm going to use to make tube socks for SCA war
and the last two are pics of a hat I'm making also for SCA.
(Sorry for the bad images, I couldn't find my camera and had to use my phone)

Comments, questions, concerns?

Want to learn how to make chainmail or knit? I have skype, I can teach you!

Last edited:
Re: My crafty projects

Ooooo another person who likes to sew and do needlework! Very exciting! Your creations are lovely by the way, especially the chainmail. I've never worked with chainmail, so I can't claim to know anything about it, but I still think it is very pretty.

I may eventually make a thread with some of my things, it's good to know I won't be the only one! ^_^

I finished the red hat! As soon as I remember where I put it, I'll add it up here.

The chainmail is awesome. And I dont even pay much attention to colorful things.

Thank you! I finally found my camera, so I'm going to post some images of my red hat. I love this thing!

P2210007.jpg

P2210006.jpg

It's reversible. The next two pics are it on the way i made it.

P2210005.jpg

P2210004.jpg

I learned how to do the Raspberry stitch! Innit pretty!?

Raspberry.jpg

P3100026.jpg

P3100027.jpg

I'd make a joke about "no dice," but that bag is obviously full of dice.

I'd make a joke about "no dice," but that bag is obviously full of dice.

I'm horrible. I can't stop buying them, especially when the weight is good and they seem to like me in the store.

Getting back into the art of things. Gonna start making chainmail again, and as always I accept commissions! Stay tuned for more things metal :3

Every so often I help my mum with her knitting projects. It may be relaxing and all, also the clothes tend to be really comfortable.
However I find it complicated as hell and actually creating wearable things is on par with playing a musical instrument on a higher level.

Kudos!

Soooo.... i have an Etsy with things I have made. Go look?

Back