What's new

Multiplayer Gaming

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score
Re: Multiplayer Gaming

I got my hands on a key for the for the closed beta of heroes of newerth (better known as dota).

it basically is dota but prettier and since its entierly designed around the concept of dota it has a lot of sundries and logistical helping stuff thats quite neat.

If you liked dota there is no reason not to play this with the exception that there is currently only space in the choosing menue for sixty or so characters instead of dota's 100.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

I got TF2 a few days ago. I'm already in the ULMF group and added a few people. Main class is Scout.
NEED A DISPENCER HERE!!!

Oh, sorry bout that *ahem*

Since my computer's at the shop, I took the liberty of working on a personal War3 project of mine, a team deathmatch map based off Space Hulk. Coming along well actually ^^

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I'm still playing Brawl.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Since my computer's at the shop, I took the liberty of working on a personal War3 project of mine, a team deathmatch map based off Space Hulk. Coming along well actually ^^
Space Marines vs. Tyranids. The battle rages on.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

I got TF2 a few days ago. I'm already in the ULMF group and added a few people. Main class is Scout.
That's good to know, if you want some tips from someone with at least 15 hours as every class, let me know :p (Usually you don't need a lot more then 10 hours to be actually good at a class)

I recommend everyone to get TF2, it's just fun, and it gives me more options for people to play against/with :)

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For some reason, I always manage to top the charts as a Medic. Other than that, I suck at almost every other class except Soldier and Heavy.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Battle Medic is the most broken class ever haha, I never actually heal people and it pisses everyone off. A good medic can practically go shot for shot with a heavy, and is pretty capable of taking any class with the random exception of the soldier 1 on 1.

I have about 50 hours as each class, which is weird cuz I've played a lot longer and it doesn't save my times a lot. Same thing with my achievements, it only saves my progress in anything about half the times I play. The only class I don't have an official 50 hours as is heavy... which is a little more than 5 hours :p

Also, dead ringer needs to be fixed, and no one seems to agree with me on this. My favorite class from the start was always spy and it's always my highest played, so now I don't even touch it unless I want us to move forward for sure, but I refuse to use the dead ringer ever. Spy is the kinda class I save, then when we're getting our asses handed to us in a high hat, I'll go spy to fuck stuff up for about a minute or two and switch once my team pushes em back again. It's mah failsafe :)
But liking the spy aside, I hate the dead ringer, it's too good. I was a spy once and I knew another spy had a dead ringer (pro-tip: If a spy "dies" when it's disguised and makes a spy death noise, he's dead, if he makes the death noise of the class he was disguised as, it's a dead ringer) so I back stab him once and follow him up some stairs while he's cloaked, I think it was the final part of badwater. After having backstabbed him once to activate the dead ringer, I ran after him and had to backstab him FIVE MORE TIMES, to kill him while he was cloaked. I'm sorry but a backstab, which can take up to 450 hp away, when it takes 6 instakill moves to finish a dead ringer, that's broken.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hehehe, I just cut people with the Uber Saw. Mainly enemy spies. I heal whatever class needs attention as well, but a lot of my charge, and points, comes from that wonderful saw, and all the Uber charges that follow.

I also agree on the dead ringer. I understand the damage reduction from the first hit, but if a Pyro, the best anti-spy, checks just a little more for the death ringer, he should be able to catch that spy. And after getting the dead ringer myself, sometime after the motion sensitive watch, I gotta agree with toxic. The damage reduction it gives is insane.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

As spy, I was doing the whole acting thing with a low health disguise(Sniper), and called medic. I was near the enemy medic, which starts healing me, we're just alone, and I prepare to give him an unsuspecting ambassador headshot, planning to finish him with some quick bodyshots.

Then a medic of my team runs up to me, and heals me, all 3 of us exchange a few awkward looks and the enemy medic quickly runs away. I hit one headshot, but he survived with less then 50 hp.

I should mention I usually use the dead ringer too(Situational, change when needed), and I'd just like to say it's almost underpowered when the enemy knows what he's doing. Sure, it's strong, and lets you survive a lot when cloaked, but the enemy will know you're a spy, you still burn from pyro damage, and if they beat you to the ammo box, you're as good as dead.(Unless you manage to run, decloak somewhere safe and are a very good actor)

It's almost exactly like the scouts Bonk!, except you still take damage, there's a huge "SPY HERE" sound after it's over, and you're not visible. Consider it the spy's version of Bonk!, you're not supposed to kill the spy when it's active, but you can easily kill him right after it's over.(Especially with pub server spies, which will -always- go right for the ammo, a predictible spy is a dead spy)

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well the pyro is an obvious choice, but it shouldn't be the only answer to dead ringer spies. It's like, only pyros, lucky jarates from snipers, or a heavy with nastacha, if they didn't stop shooting after "killing" it.

I mean, I'll heal people if we're not in a gun fight. If we're no where near the enemy and you're in deep red or on fire, I'll heal you back to full and run back to using mah saw/sauger combo. It's amazing how many people a) don't understand that you don't run at medics in a straight line and b) don't expect you to rush them if they're a pyro. I love standing there as a medic, and have a pyro come at me with the thought of "Oh, I'ma burn this guy and watch him run" and I'll start backwards, switch to the saw and rush their face. If you're quick, you can usually do that right through their flames twice before dying, just hope you're good enough to not miss, and maybe lucky enough to crit as soon as possible.

I'm kind of tempted to kritz a demo, have him lay down 8 crit stickies, and have a dead ringer spy stand on them to see the damage he gets from it.

*edit* didnt see xsi's post.
Well online, some people will always be dumb, no one thinks to mention that the spy they got isn't actually dead the same way some spies who are obvious will run around not hitting anything, then everyone else on the other team has to go "Oh jeez, you're not shooting at us? I only wonder what's going to happen when I shoot you. Oh my god, you died in a single hit? Gee willicker, you sure must suck, I guess I'll go now.... idiot"

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

That's been tried, the spy will die.

He can only barely survive 8 regular stickies last I checked, but also, he can survive a tauntkill with the dead ringer up, but again, barely.

And last I checked, the backstab did not do a flat 450 damage, the formula for it had something of the enemy's health too I think.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I recently got TF2 too, main classes are the Sniper ans Soldier, though I play the Sniper more often. I'm not very good, so dont expect a challenge from me.

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

Here goes..

Installed
Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne
Diablo 2 LoD (no I wont play online anymore because I don't like the way the patch screws with single player)
Skulltag + IDESE

Uninstalled
Warcraft 2: Gold Edition (collector's item)
Starcraft Battle Chest
Diablo 1

Doesn't Need to be Installed
Halo 3
Halo Wars
AQWorlds
Castle Crashers
Advance Wars 1 & 2

And Finally, saving the best for last; Left 4 Dead

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

AQWorlds? LOLWUT

Anyway, my favorite server is a custom CTP map. I think it's called Orange x3 DDR or something. Constant crits, medkits drop upon death, and no fall damage are the most noticeable modifications. Awesome fast paced map, and I think a sniper can one hit kill anybody anywhere on the body, Heavies and possibly Soldiers excluded.

Look! My kills are actually higher than my deaths! It's a miracle!

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

That's been tried, the spy will die.

He can only barely survive 8 regular stickies last I checked, but also, he can survive a tauntkill with the dead ringer up, but again, barely.

And last I checked, the backstab did not do a flat 450 damage, the formula for it had something of the enemy's health too I think.
it's an auto kill and the most hp I know of is a fully healed heavy, which is 450.
And what taunt kill, cuz some don't automatically kill. You can live through the snipers taunt.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

A dead ringer spy can also survive the scout's killtaunt if I remember right, which is just one time damage when he swings the sandman.

And yeah, the backstab is an autokill, but only the sniper rifle does a consistent 450 on targets when fully charged with a headshot, the knife seems to use a different formula to determine damage.
And out of experience I can say that when full health, not overhealed and you get backstabbed with the dead ringer, your health drops to 50, which means it did 75 damage. And we know the dead ringer reduces the damage by 90%, so it still means that's a lot of damage, I haven't actually calculated, but I'm sure that's more then 450.

And Obe..I'm not sure how to say this, but orange is known to be a map for noobs and snipers only, am I right in assuming there are no heavies on that server, and extremely little medics? Since that map alone makes heavies useless, and with the mods that server has, well, shouldn't really be taken seriously. Try a regular 5cp map, then score a positive k:d rate :p

Besides that, I think we(As in, everybody here with tf2) should play against each other sometime, or better yet, with each other. *Puts on medic hat*

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

And yeah, the backstab is an autokill, but only the sniper rifle does a consistent 450 on targets when fully charged with a headshot, the knife seems to use a different formula to determine damage.
And out of experience I can say that when full health, not overhealed and you get backstabbed with the dead ringer, your health drops to 50, which means it did 75 damage. And we know the dead ringer reduces the damage by 90%, so it still means that's a lot of damage, I haven't actually calculated, but I'm sure that's more then 450.
My point remains that it is always powerful enough to kill whatever the game normally has, and 6 of them are required to take down a spy.

Now that I'm on the subject, I think engineers should be able to take down sentries with 1-2 wrench whacks. I mean, he put the things together, he should know how to take em apart, and how difficult would it be to actually melee a sg?

And Obe..I'm not sure how to say this, but orange is known to be a map for noobs and snipers only, am I right in assuming there are no heavies on that server, and extremely little medics? Since that map alone makes heavies useless, and with the mods that server has, well, shouldn't really be taken seriously. Try a regular 5cp map, then score a positive k:d rate :p
I hate orange maps, they just scream "poorly created." And I can't take em seriously, I usually just go demo, sticky jump as high as possible and try to launch pipes everywhere for fun to see if I kill someone.

Besides that, I think we(As in, everybody here with tf2) should play against each other sometime, or better yet, with each other. *Puts on medic hat*
You're on homeslice! *Puts on medic disguise*

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I still need someone competent to play Firefight with, I can't get far past 130000 by myself yet.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If by noob, you mean newb, then you're completely right. I've clocked in about 17 hours, give me a break!

Also, there's usually one or more heavies/medics on each time when I play.

Last edited:

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Actually, I mean both noob, and newb, as orange maps are often visited by both new players, and people who just can't bother doing anything else besides sitting there, day after day missing every single shot, never listening to advice..etc.

And Toxic, I did that once, it actually takes 4 swings with the wrench to take apart a hostile sentry that's level 3, if you're that close you can easily circlestrafe the thing.

And besides that, a Bonk! effected scout can survive as many backstabs as he wants to allow, and as I said, I just feel the dead ringer is a situational bonk for the spy.