What's new

Member Announcements Thread

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: Member Announcements Thread

Nah, you're too lazy to do an entire comic. Maybe just some fan art.
Oh I dunno, if I space my time out properly and not let stuff get me down I think I could pull it off. But regardless, fan art should be easy enough to do.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

So that's Demon Girl? She looks cool, I should do a comic about her at some point.
Pfft, just do the first page. No one would ever bother ye to do more right?

But the tablet looks good.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Pfft, just do the first page. No one would ever bother ye to do more right?

But the tablet looks good.
True, everyone seems pretty cool and patient about waiting for stuff, even the lurkers. Though it would also be pretty cool to have a finished comic for that character.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So that's Demon Girl? She looks cool, I should do a comic about her at some point.

But yeah, is the graphic tablet I plan on getting once I've banked my money.
I think I saw something similar at my school when they were doing open house for some of the sponsors of the art program...

I remember it was pretty sweet, but I realized I would probably never use it.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I think I saw something similar at my school when they were doing open house for some of the sponsors of the art program...

I remember it was pretty sweet, but I realized I would probably never use it.
Yeah, it does seem pretty awesome from what the page says, my only concern is that it'll turn out to be too small for me. Though it is about A4 size so it should be good enough. Though I'd much rather the bigger graphic tablet, it's a shame it costs nearly £2000.

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, it does seem pretty awesome from what the page says, my only concern is that it'll turn out to be too small for me. Though it is about A4 size so it should be good enough. Though I'd much rather the bigger graphic tablet, it's a shame it costs nearly £2000.
It's up to you really, if you're only really doing computer art, the size SHOULD be fine (since it's similar to just drawing on a normal piece of paper). However, if you're more used to larger canvases, then it might be problematic.

On the other hand, if you're planning on going pro, then you might want to just save up for the larger one instead because it will be nicer, but once agian, that's more if you're going pro.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

It's up to you really, if you're only really doing computer art, the size SHOULD be fine (since it's similar to just drawing on a normal piece of paper). However, if you're more used to larger canvases, then it might be problematic.

On the other hand, if you're planning on going pro, then you might want to just save up for the larger one instead because it will be nicer, but once agian, that's more if you're going pro.
The larger tablet would be better, as that's what I first used. Had to downgrade to a much smaller one after the other one started playing up which I haven't really ever got used to. I mean I CAN use it and I do use it, but it just doesn't seem right. And it's not the case of not having enough money and having to save up for the bigger one because I've got £9000. The problem is I need to keep the majority of the money as 'back up' money, just in case I need to use some for bills/rent etc... I wouldn't mind going pro with my art, but to be honest I really don't think I'm good enough or I will ever develop far enough to be considered good enough. Though I think the A4 one will be good enough for what I want to do at the moment. The only real reason why I want a touch screen tablet is because I'll be drawing directly onto the screen so I'll be looking directly at what I'm drawing instead of looking at both a screen and the tablet I'm drawing on.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

No more bookstore for Copper. Today was the final day of sales at the store. Stayed up most of the morning so I could go in and get the stuff that I had stashed away (we all did, heh) and found out that instead of just 90% off, everything was 99 cents or less. Then, while I was picking through the leftover mangas, the liquidator calls and goes "Everything in the store is 4 for $1." Didn't matter what it cost originally, what it was, it was a quarter.

I now have a good run of Berserk mangas to pick through and several movies to watch.

And plenty of time to do it. Government sponsored vacation, here I come.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

No more bookstore for Copper. Today was the final day of sales at the store. Stayed up most of the morning so I could go in and get the stuff that I had stashed away (we all did, heh) and found out that instead of just 90% off, everything was 99 cents or less. Then, while I was picking through the leftover mangas, the liquidator calls and goes "Everything in the store is 4 for $1." Didn't matter what it cost originally, what it was, it was a quarter.

I now have a good run of Berserk mangas to pick through and several movies to watch.

And plenty of time to do it. Government sponsored vacation, here I come.
Wow. If you're losing a job, that's the way to do it!

Didn't you say this was going to happen a lot sooner though?

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

why didn't you tell the rest of us this was happening so we could all loot our local borders?

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

why didn't you tell the rest of us this was happening so we could all loot our local borders?
Well, Australian borders is actually a completely separate company who just happens to have bought rights to the name. They're actually doing fine.

As far as other ones, I dunno, she did make a few posts about it when it first went down, you can't blame her if you weren't paying attention.

Reputation score

more sense then you might think considering were the most tested people in schools and shit.

Anyhoo Got a Nice job working in a hospital nothing big Just Dish-washing/janitorial Work but we all work together so each night is relatively easy. Just working twenty hours a week. I plan to make It a full time job and get an apartment/house with my Cousin Depending on how much we can bring in a month with the money I save up I might actually be able to afford a house down payment it depends On how Things go.

Also Got my self a car Nothing Fancy Just a 94 Nissan I love it cause its a tiny engine and thirty bucks fills the tank.

Haven't really had time for the internet really Spend most of my time with my Cousin his girlfriend and my Best Mate Erik. Planning to set some Shit up online with pay pal or something and work on getting a new computer.

Turns out My Four gigs of ram got stolen when I took my lenovo to a repair shop and I'm stuck with vista and only 2 gigs now Sucks but Priories and all House before computer all and all Pretty cool shit.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

My local Borders (was in Cardiff) closed like a year ago, didn't find out until it was too late though the only things they had that I would've got was the FMA art books. Though I got them from Amazon not long after anyway.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

My local borders is still open. I didn't even realize it was a borders until like last Christmas.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Wow. If you're losing a job, that's the way to do it!

Didn't you say this was going to happen a lot sooner though?
My local borders is still open. I didn't even realize it was a borders until like last Christmas.
Because they were only closing about a third of the superstores. They're keeping the Borders Express stores and Waldenbooks and about 400 superstores open. Apparently, too, despite our store raking in the cash, we fell under the cut and thus were one of the ones to close. I mentioned it about when we found out, which was in...March. March, I think. I have to share with you some of the stuff that my boss posted about today, too. The store itself was empty as all get go, but they were still clearing out fixtures.

Was anyone wondering what today was like?

1. I received a phone call asking me about various kids' books. I thought about saying we had them and I would put them on hold for the customer.
2. I counted at least 45 drive-bys.. you know, cars driving by to see if we were open!
3. Four people came in the first set of doors, but then left before trying to come through the 2nd set of doors!
4. Twelve people came in and talked to me. Questions ranged from "You guys closed?" to "Is this all that's left?" My personal favorite was the women who, even after I stated that we were closed, said, "BUT I wanted to look at magazines." I tried to further explain the whole 'closing' thing, but she simply stated again how, "SHE JUST WANTED to look for magazines."

Apparently, too, someone hit a fire extinguisher when they were moving fixtures. I'm still working on stealing the picture of that and getting it to somewhere that I can share it with people, heh.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

i doubt that inky, because chadstone borders is doing massive close down sale and wont honour gift cards any more.

also i guess if your loosing your job any way you can be as rude as you want as long as its funny. i hope you had that realisation earlier than i did.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Ours isn't a superstore, but some really small place in the (crappy, but improving) mall. It used to be a Waldenbooks. I was actually in there this weekend because I have a friend who wanted to look for dating self help books x.x

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

So in an incredible stroke of stupidity, I tried to clear out the dust in my computer because it's been years since I did that. I did unplug and then plugged back in some things. Now when I tried to start my computer up, my HDD kept on clicking and it won't boot.

So either I won't be here for a while, or you guys will have to play tech support for me. I have a backup computer, so I can get on sometimes, but I won't be on as frequently.

Quick edit - Yeah, there's pretty much nothing I can do to save my HDD. I've ordered a new one, which'll come in about 3 days. *Sigh* Shouldn't have been lazy and not backed up everything.

Last edited:

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So in an incredible stroke of stupidity, I tried to clear out the dust in my computer because it's been years since I did that. I did unplug and then plugged back in some things. Now when I tried to start my computer up, my HDD kept on clicking and it won't boot.

So either I won't be here for a while, or you guys will have to play tech support for me. I have a backup computer, so I can get on sometimes, but I won't be on as frequently.
EPIC FAIL.