What's new

Member Announcements Thread

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Member Announcements Thread

Just bought "The Gunslinger" here's hoping I like it.

EDIT: finished it. Going for the rest

EDITEDIT: have them. You prolly won't see me for a while. *scuttles off to the park with the books in tow*
Why'd you buy the last book in the series first?

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Lucas you're getting confused again. The Gunslinger was the first one, followed by the Drawing of the three, then the Waste Lands, etc. etc

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Wo-- Damn. He was only hanging around to RP and suddenly felt that his RP skills were being wasted here?

That just sounds a bit presumptuous and arrogant to me. I didn't really know him that well, but I didn't think that he was that kind of person.

He should have just told the truth and said, "Hey guys, WoW has finally consumed my life, I don't know if I'll ever be back, so see ya'll later."
I don't want to be a dick, considering my dick skills are wasted on this forum, but his character was one of the reasons I couldn't rp warehouse 13 anymore.

I don't ever talk shit about how one person does or does not write their character or how they behave with that character because of the difference of people and personalities, but goddamn was that character so fucking 'borrowed'

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

Lucas you're getting confused again. The Gunslinger was the first one, followed by the Drawing of the three, then the Waste Lands, etc. etc
Reproduction

Revelation

Redemption

Resumption

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh dear lord I just became the guy who doesn't get the joke, or something. Just shoot me I'm done for.

Seriously I'm confused now. I mean I know I'm senile and all, but I didn't realize it was that bad.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

It's fine. I don't get it either. You're all good.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, I'm with Alias on this one.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

For some reason that's not completely comforting Sinful. You are the one who is usually serious and doesn't get the jokes after all.

I do feel better than before though since others missed it as well.

I hope that didn't come out offensive.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

For some reason that's not completely comforting Sinful. You are the one who is usually serious and doesn't get the jokes after all.

I do feel better than before though since others missed it as well.

I hope that didn't come out offensive.
Nah. It's true isn't it?

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

Don't worry, I'm waiting for someone to shed some light on it too. I even had to google resumption, though it suddenly seemed so blatantly obvious when I read the meaning. The word became obvious I mean, not the joke... >_>

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

OH GOD. I GET IT.

NONONONO. You just ruined the last book for me D: The epic mindfuckery will have no affect on me nooooow D:

LUCAS. *weeps*

Why do I have to be so curious.... T_T

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh okay, say nothng more I'm still on the second to last book. Don't want to know what it means now.

Lucas

Lurker
Reputation score

OH GOD. I GET IT.

NONONONO. You just ruined the last book for me D: The epic mindfuckery will have no affect on me nooooow D:

LUCAS. *weeps*

Why do I have to be so curious.... T_T
Actually that's not the REAL ending at all; it's just King's way of kind of flipping to bird to certain kinds of people, and he explains profusely as to how it's not the true conclusion of the story as he wants it. He also gives a good amount of warning not to read the false conclusion, with reasons that become apparent at the end of the last book.

tl;dr: IT'S NOT CANON. DDDDDDDD8

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Actually that's not the REAL ending at all; it's just King's way of kind of flipping to bird to certain kinds of people, and he explains profusely as to how it's not the true conclusion of the story as he wants it. He also gives a good amount of warning not to read the false conclusion, with reasons that become apparent at the end of the last book.

tl;dr: IT'S NOT CANON. DDDDDDDD8
Really? Really really? Murrrr..... I'll take some comfort in that then.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

^
*Feels like something important is being discussed, and that he missed the last memo.*

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I felt the same way till it rammed it's way into my brain like a runaway locomotive. If you haven't read the Dark Tower series by Stephen King don't try to figure out what they're talking about. If otherwise just feel confused and go with it.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh, ok then, I haven't read them so I guess I'm into the clear.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't plan to, so I think I'm still good

R

Ryka

It turns out that my internet issues were due to electricians renewing the powerlines around here to rewire things. I thought it was my PC's fault. I am so relieved.

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

Due to money reasons I'm pretty sure for definite, come June 18th I will be moving out of my apartment and back home to my folks place, with no internet. I hope to be able to get a new account before long and shall attempt to get on in town on WIFI spots without too much trouble until then. So I'll attempt to be "active" but it will be more or less sporadic at best. Just a heads up to the GMs and everyone else here. :(

Last edited: