What's new

(Maptool) Land of Beasts

Zilrax

Master of Kinky Fetishes. Or just Bitch if you pre
Reputation score
Re: (Maptool) Land of Beasts - Zilrax LFG

You make up the class abilities so they work like you think they do.

Single enemy lockdown I find isn't so great unless that enemy is a boss, just because action economy is not in our favor. We can't one for one enemies unless we can eliminate them faster than they eliminate us. Hence why DPS can function.

If you're going to do that you may want a means to take them out of a fight without tying yourself down for too long.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Always remember that class abilities work about as well as you can imagine. As far as how they work, that's up to you. Their effectiveness is always backed up by the stats supporting them, or by whatever drawbacks you instill in your abilities.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Since the conversation is about taunts, lemme provide an example of a decent tank with good taunt.

Name: Tanky McShield-chan
Race: Tank
Class: Tank
Element: Metal
(Can choose Metal, Love, or Some other element for Armor repair, Magical taunting, or if magic won't matter. I'm choosing metal here assuming I have no one to repair armor.)

Strength: 30
Dexterity: 15
Stamina: 15

Speed: 5
Finesse: 25
Senses: 20

Will Power: 5
Intelligence: 15
Depth: 5

Skill: Ideal Target (Toggleable) - Make yourself vulnerable while also bringing all focus onto yourself. If you are closer to them, enemies will always focus you if they can. In exchange, when attacked both you and the enemy roll twice. You take your worst roll, he takes the best. This ability can be turned on and off freely without costing an action.

Spell: Repair - 5MP to restore 5 armor. Simple.

Weapon: Shovel - 1d3 ; EN=5
Armor: Shield(Heavy) - EN=17 ; Armor=34
Above is a Tank/Bruiser that's also useful offensively while keeping in mind that the average for a stat is 15. So by putting dex at 15, she can reliably hit an opponent, though may miss from time to time.

Her skill is good as far as her job goes, but is actually not fantastic. If I were playing this character, I'd later research into a skill where I can toggle the taunt ability on, and go into a full-defense, using my AP to boost my defensive capabilities to try and mitigate the drawbacks of the taunt.

Last edited:

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Okay here are the two character ideas I came up with, no skills or items yet

Sex Druid character
Name: Nym
Race: Elf
Class: Sex Druid
Element: Wind

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 20

Speed: 5
Finesse: 10
Senses: 10

Will Power: 25
Intelligence: 25
Depth: 30

Biography & Picture:

Items:
Total Encumbrance = (Strength+Stamina)/2 = 12.5(rounded down)

Weapon:
None

Armor:
Sexy Leather(Light): EN=12 ; Armor=2 ; +2 Levels of Pleasure to Enemy when penetrated.

Skills:
Druidry: Nym gains Lust Points to cast spells by being beasts climaxing inside her.

Spells:
Razor Cloud: Damage over time wind spell (not an LP spell)

Personality: Exteriorly serious, internally a trickster, she has a sexual teasing streak against either gender. She has quite a bit of fun using her powers and causing lust in anyone around her, though she tries to hide her own amusement most of the time, and fails just as often.

Ninja Character
Name: Nils
Class: Ninja
Element: Wind

Strength: 25
Dexterity: 25
Stamina: 10

Speed: 20

Intelligence: 10

Items:
Total Encumbrance = 12

Weapon:
Kunai & Katana:
Kunai: Ranged, 1d3 + 3
Katana: Not ranged: 1d7 + 6
En 10

Armour:
Padded Clothing (light): EN=2 ; Armour 2

Biography & Picture:

Skills:
Stealth

Spell:
Ninja's Grace: Finesse boost

She is a ninja, ninjas do not have history, they just are. All that is known is that she comes from far away, loves to tease people and drink, and yet remains quite efficient at what she does. Though she does have a bad tendency to suffer from wardrobe malfunctions even when not fighting.

Last edited:

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finally decided on a warlock character. Still needs some skills.

Name: Norin
Class: Warlock
Element: Fire

Strength: 5
Dexterity: 5
Stamina: 15

Speed: 10
Finesse: 5

Will Power: 25
Intelligence: 25
Depth: 35

Biography & Picture
Picture

Norin grew up under the care of her father. Her father was a powerful sorcerer and as she grew up, he taught the ways of magic. She live a sheltered life, kept safe in her father's tower. Though much like any child, she would often sneak out to explore the town surrounding her father's home. Shortly after her twentyith birthday, she sneaked out more. During her exploration of the town she heard of the Land of Beasts. Eager to test her growing powers, and find new and wonderous magic she decided to try such an adventure.

Last edited:
OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

For skills, just imagine something that would fit in a turn based rpg like this one. The only issue players have really run into when making their own skills is when they were hoping their skill would do better than they expected. Otherwise, I've rarely shot down a skill idea.

For equipment, you just use your encumbrance like Equipment Points. The more Encumbrance you have, the better equipment you can hold in general. To determine how many points your equipment gets, first calculate Encumbrance. Then, divide those points into your Weapon(s) and armor/shield. Just like skills, the points into your equipment can do more than what they're usually used for depending on what you want them to do. For something like Ranger's Sex Druid, your equipment could look like this:

Total Encumbrance = (Strength+Stamina)/2 = 12.5(rounded down)

Weapon:
None

Armor:
Sexy Leather(Light): EN=12 ; Armor=2 ; +2 Levels of Pleasure to Enemy when penetrated.
In the above case, only 2 points of armor were used to actually provide protection (Should she ever want it, you can willingly part your clothes for a gnoll to avoid damaging it). The 10 points remaining were used offensively, to appeal to the monsters and cause more pleasure.

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Armour works for me. :D Especially the easy to remove part. Armour can be costly to repair if it keeps getting damaged all the time. :p

How about these?

Spell 1 Firebolt
A simple bolt of fire launched at a single target. Has a chance to ignite flamable material.

Spell 2 Fireball
Launches a more devastating fireball that explodes and damages in an area. Lights flamable material on fire.

Not sure what would be fair for damage, cost and area of effect for a level 1.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

However much Depth you have helps determine how good spells are.

Also, you may have one Skill and one Spell. You cannot trade one out for another and have two spells. Personally, I always go for some method of MP regeneration whenever I choose a skill for a Blue character.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, it's looking like Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays are our options. No one has given a more specific time on the clock for when they'll be available for those times however, and if Oni's playing, we'll be playing on a Sunday. However Plmnko can play only through Mondays-Fridays.

Just a recap, decide what you will

Times Given said:
Zilrax: Anytime
Aust: Anytime
Rathuris: Anytime
Ranger: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Sundays
Oni: Fridays, Sundays
Plmnko: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

I can play in saturday, just not this saturday. And Sunday is not an option for me.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Had a conversation with Oni regards to his super limited schedule. Fridays are the best for him. On that day, we can have a gaming session starting from around 05:00PM GMT Standard Time (Which is roughly around noon for those of us on the East Coast of USA), and he'll be able to play for about Five hours.

Upon him describing his ability to play on Sunday, I personally found it unacceptable. He already has another game planned on his Sunday, which means he won't show up half the time.

So it's up to Ranger now. We can play on Fridays if his schedule allows, or we'll have to split the group into two separate games.

Ranger9000

Tentacle God
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Well I can make Fridays at the 5:00 GMT slot, but only for about 3 hours every other Friday (the non 3 hour Friday I can run longer ~6 hours ish)

So not sure if that 3 hour one will be enough time for everyone.

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hm. How about this?

Spell Firebolt
A simple bolt of fire launched at a single target. Has a chance to ignite flamable material.

Skill Focus
By spending time to concentrate, Focus restores some MP.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alright, spoke to Ranger as well, and decided the groups must be split.

Open to possible adjustment, all games will begin roughly around:
5PM
11AM UTC-6(For Plmnko)

State which group you'd like to join. If you feel like you're able, you can join more than one group.

Group 1 - Tuesday & Thursday(chance to play twice in one week):
Ranger

Group 2 - Friday:
Oni

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I can play tuesday and friday. I have another game scheduled for thursday though. So likely only able to be in the friday group.

Aust_Nailo

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I'll take Tuesday and Thursday times if that's ok.

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hm. How about this?

Spell Firebolt

Skill Focus
By spending time to concentrate, Focus restores some MP.
Technically, mages come with an innate ability to restore their Mana when they take a break and relax. An ability like Focus is one of the few I'd shut down because it basically means Mages can go insane with their incredible damage and then regen everything after a fight. MP is supposed to be a limited resource, you see. It's for the sake of balance to prevent Mages from being an outright better source of damage than other physical characters. My apologies.

All mana regeneration has to be limited to in-battle mechanics, or be somehow detrimental to your character otherwise.

Some examples include:

In-Battle:
Leech Mana on successful attack
+Mana on every spell cast
+Mana based on pleasure dealt to enemy
+Mana on Kill
+Mana when an enemy dies nearby

Out of Combat(Can be used in-combat depending):
Sacrifice FP for Mana
Gain corruption for Mana

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current list of players in groups:

Group 1 - Tuesday & Thursday(chance to play twice in one week):
Ranger
Aust

Group 2 - Friday:
Oni
Rathuris

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Ninja

Name: Nameless (Nami)
Race: Dunno, Elf or Angel are good
Class: Ninja
Element: Lightning

Strength: 15
Dexterity: 25
Stamina: 10

Speed: 20
Senses: 20

Intelligence: 10

Biography & Picture:

Personality:Nami is a fan or tentacle lover and so she must kill as many beasts than she can to make her favorite race grow and take the control of these inferior beasts races, her ninja clan has made a pact with these races so is normal for them this kind of love. Nami will be against sex, her body only belongs to tentacle monsters and its babies, out of that she is a woman with a quiet personality as she ussually day dream with the chance of fuck some of her slimy allies. Out of tentacles she will bloody kill all monsters at her path.

Last edited:

Rathuris

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Hm. Maybe something to regain mana on a kill then?

plmnko

Tentacle Smut Lord
Reputation score

Which are the races than you can choice for your character and also i can make my own power and skill?

OP
Mamono Assault Force

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hm. Maybe something to regain mana on a kill then?
+10 Mana on kill then.

Which are the races than you can choice for your character and also i can make my own power and skill?
Any non-beast or half-beast(like a cat-girl) race.

Also, no offense, but the picture for your character is incredibly grainy. If that's good enough for you though, I'll use it. It looks very bad as a character portrait though.