What's new

Making a hentai platformer - Moving to a blog pg.12

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score
Re: Making a hentai platformer - Moving to a blog pg.12

@Krim:

I'm suprised at your attidute.
You have the right to be disapointed, but you don't need to make it an attack and act like an asshole.

It's extreeemly uncalled for.

So the big shiny game got canceled, and now you don't get it, but neither will anyone else. Just suck it down.

No need to be an asshole for the sake being an asshole.

Also many graphics makers, hell, maybe nearly everyone who makes games with sprites, uses inferior graphics than they are able to, just cause it makes shit so much easier. Making completely epic scratch sprites will take loong long while to make. Same goes into game features by times, as great as some features in plan might be, they can be very bitchy to make right.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i'm confused now because if i say i care i'm a liar now...
GIFT in action people...

anyway...he can do what he likes with his time...

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Honestly, reality check Krim.

There is a game in development.

It will most likely not get finished.

Especially if it is a H game.

Making games is hard. It takes a lot of work for not much reward. People will always complain, always tell you how it could have been better and generally act like a bunch of selfish, self serving pricks.

Am I disappointed it's not happening? Eh, kinda but not really. I don't get any attachment to a game until I've played a playable beta and even then I expect that it will be abandoned.

As for making music, keyboard does help for getting a feel for sounds and the like as well as just random inspiration; I've written short melodies based on just stuffing around on it. But more important is a knowledge of music theory and how stuff works which you seem to have down reasonably well, from when I remember of your tracks.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

I know absolutely no music theory -__-

I wish I had taken music class.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

I know absolutely no music theory -__-

I wish I had taken music class.
o.0 really? okay... well then maybe it isn't important?

Ultimately, an understanding of theory helps with identifying certain sounds as well as being able to reproduce them and knowing where to take one to another in order for the music to flow naturally. It's ultimately a short-cut to knowing what works but is hardly the be all or end all of it.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Forgetting the fact that he's doing it for free, he's still making another one. I don't see what the problem is.

Will you be using the music you made for Crimson Blue for this new one?

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Well, it's important, but experience does the same thing, basically.

At this point I guess I'd say I know quite a bit of "theory", but it's not so much written theory as it is a sub conciseness understanding of what works and what doesn't.

Will you be using the music you made for Crimson Blue for this new one?
No, the new game has snes-style music. (I'm using a soundfont from chrono trigger, mostly.)

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Secret boss in your game... Lavos...

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Lol, well, I could use the sound effect if I wanted to, anyway.

Here's the song that plays during the into before the title.

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Also many graphics makers, hell, maybe nearly everyone who makes games with sprites, uses inferior graphics than they are able to, just cause it makes shit so much easier. Making completely epic scratch sprites will take loong long while to make. Same goes into game features by times, as great as some features in plan might be, they can be very bitchy to make right.
Yep i completely understand and agree with this very much i tend to give up very fast(but i keep coming back to it with 30-1hour intervals) and these things that require so much time and effort i always look for a new approach "smaller" or just giving up altogether
*put the fastest crappiest example together that has random values in mathematics that don't make sense and actually it takes much longer to do*

@Kyrieru i really want to hear epic retro music don't let us down again*joke*
*edit* saw link above and now i take that back, lol, that's pretty dam good for an intro song I'ma go and try to upstage it now (very unlikely)

Last edited:
OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Yeah, it pretty much all comes down to time.

If/when I go back to making Crimson Blue, I'm probably gonna change the style of the player sprites.

As a side by side comparison,

The sprite for crimson blue is okay, but I can't get much emotion in the face since it's so low res. Whereas with the other one, the proportions allow for a larger face and since it's more cartoon-ish, I'm not as limited when it comes to the motion and design of the characters.

It'll probably be a middle ground between those two sprites.

Also, I'd be doing tilesets with pixel art...saves a lot of time. But I'd still do backgrounds and things like bushes with photoshop.

Last edited:

Rain

Lurker
Reputation score

Awww... the character's Sprite was what I liked the most about Crimson Blue so far... Ahh well..

So, did you ever come up with a name for the character from Crimson Blue, by the way? I didn't notice anything about it on your Blog.

Err.. Is it annoying that I do that color thing with the name?

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Nope, never came up with a name -_-

So how would you refer to the new game, since it's called Crimson Brave?

Rain

Lurker
Reputation score

Nope, never came up with a name -_-

So how would you refer to the new game, since it's called Crimson Brave?
Well, thats easy..
勇敢
;P

UrineOnU

Cthulhu
Reputation score

Yeah, it pretty much all comes down to time.

If/when I go back to making Crimson Blue, I'm probably gonna change the style of the player sprites.

As a side by side comparison,

The sprite for crimson blue is okay, but I can't get much emotion in the face since it's so low res. Whereas with the other one, the proportions allow for a larger face and since it's more cartoon-ish, I'm not as limited when it comes to the motion and design of the characters.

It'll probably be a middle ground between those two sprites.

Also, I'd be doing tilesets with pixel art...saves a lot of time. But I'd still do backgrounds and things like bushes with photoshop.
Yeah for a newbie like me with not much experience and learning on my own with my free time, there is never enough of it. This is basically the best i can do for now but my goal is to make awesome stuff in the future.

You should call the game "Sport Night Challenge, Extreme Platform Game XII with commentary" or something in the likes of that, make it original.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

No, you don't get the bow until the second temple.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Hmm, haven't decided when you get that yet..