What's new

Making a hentai platformer - Moving to a blog pg.12

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Making a hentai platformer - Moving to a blog pg.12

Since, for once, I'm not the self-promoting narcissist being told to shut up, I have to say...

I have fallen in love with that statement.

It's my new catchphrase for this month, and next one two!
YAY~<3!

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

Not to pick a nit.. but what the hell did you do to my Indigo?!
And, on other subjects...
Anyone with 2 braincells to rub together could think of a passable story for a game of any sort...
I mean, Two Worlds still had enough of a story to gain enough fans to not be universally panned the world around in the gaming community, and the whole team working on that thing maybe had 2 braincells between them.

Needless to say, the last thing we need is me throwing out my tyrannical opinions and oppressive commentary, commanding someone to perfectly exemplify a story I had conceived during morning... Stuff..
While you made some good points - Anyone with 2 braincells to rub together could think of a passable story for a game - that doesn't apply to every game.

Take MMORPGs for example...do you think artists and programmers have the time to come up with a story? What you are talking about is a game designer; it's a game designer's job to design the levels, game mechanics, missions, etc. that makes a game a game. What I'm talking about are the writers.

Writers are responsible for writing the overall lore of the game. They write it in a way that kind of works like a movie script, but the main difference between a writer and designer is that the writer makes the stories that go along with the game and the designer makes the whole game world (so some art and programming is involved).

Last edited:

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

While you made some good points - Anyone with 2 braincells to rub together could think of a passable story for a game - that doesn't apply to every game.

Take MMORPGs for example...do you think artists and programmers have the time to come up with a story? What you are talking about is game designers; it's a game designers' job to design the levels, game mechanics, missions, etc. that makes a game a game. What I'm talking about is the writers.

Writers are responsible for writing the overall lore of the game. They write it in a way that kind of works like a movie script, but the main difference between a writer and designer is that the writer makes the stories that go along with the game and the designer makes the whole game world (so some art and programming is involved).
I'm not even going to take the time to read the bile that you'd call, "your point"... Just SHUT. UP.

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'm not even going to take the time to read the bile that you'd call, "your point"... Just SHUT. UP.
Iggy he is right though.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Iggy he is right though.
Of course, he's only posted the same thing that everyone has been saying for YEARS! He's a plagerizing self-promoting nacicist! AND HE KEEPS REPEATING IT TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK HE'S COOL!!!... or something...

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

Of course, he's only posted the same thing that everyone has been saying for YEARS! He's a plagerizing self-promoting nacicist! AND HE KEEPS REPEATING IT TO MAKE PEOPLE THINK HE'S COOL!!!... or something...
Okay I don't know anything about this guy so I wasn't pointing fingers.

Rain

Lurker
Reputation score

Iggy he is right though.
I wouldn't say.. Right, Per se...
Just... inconveniently intellectual at an unexpected point.

In truth, I'm sure with the grade of game design we are talking, with little effort the designer could easily come up with more then enough story for a reasonably successful Hentai game.

Not very many people, I would Imagine, want a complicated and twisting story with their Extream-Tentacle-and-Bestiality-Rape-Hentai-of-Doom!™

Just sayin..

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

In truth, I'm sure with the grade of game design we are talking, with little effort the designer could easily come up with more then enough story for a reasonably successful Hentai game.

Not very many people, I would Imagine, want a complicated and twisting story with their Extream-Tentacle-and-Bestiality-Rape-Hentai-of-Doom!™

Just sayin..
In another 24 hours, I'll be able to +rep you for these amazing posts~<3.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Just sayin..
The person who actually trademarks that would be a hero in my books.

Rain

Lurker
Reputation score

In another 24 hours, I'll be able to +rep you for these amazing posts~<3.
All that, and I can cook too...
The person who actually trademarks that would be a hero in my books.
I wonder how long it would take me to do that..?

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

or you consider the fact that I've actually read some game design books that's written from actual game designers...

That rarely works by the way. There's no way that little effort can make more than enough story for a reasonably successful hentai game

Just sayin..
Well it depends on what those people are creating and designing

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

All that, and I can cook too...

I LOVE you~<3!

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

ITS A RACE THEN.

...A race for all of humankind...

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

or you consider the fact that I've actually read some game design books that's written from actual game designers...
I read a book about science once. Written by actual scientists. As a result, I feel that I am an expert on the matters of quantum mechanics and wormhole singularities. I'm pretty much expecting a call from the Nobel prize committee any day now.

Iggy

Tentacle God
Reputation score

That rarely works by the way. There's no way that little effort can make more than enough story for a reasonably successful hentai game

Well it depends on what those people are creating and designing
DIE!!!

NookieNookie

Banned
Reputation score

I read a book about science once. Written by actual scientists. As a result, I feel that I am an expert on the matters of quantum mechanics and wormhole singularities. I'm pretty much expecting a call from the Nobel prize committee any day now.

OP
Kyrieru

Kyrieru

Sensei
Reputation score

Hey now...enough with the violence...

Surely your hatred is not so strong that it constitutes a red font?