Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Making a hentai platformer - Controls/ basic animations pg.10

I'd rape em both...just sayin

Chomp Dude

Lurker
Reputation score

I too like the outlined version. Somehow, it feels as though the no outline version takes away from the 2D experience.

R

Ryka

Everyone's weird for liking the outlined version.

Not really, but I think no outlines looks more.... real. As in, it looks exactly like an anime when scaled down. Don't you think so?

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score

It needs a windowed version, which I imagine you will include later on, as full screen can be somewhat inconvenient.

foamy111

Tentacle God
Reputation score

i gotta say no outline just because the outline on a game with the background and floor having no outlines looks odd to me.

steamhare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

i gotta say no outline just because the outline on a game with the background and floor having no outlines looks odd to me.
I agree, this is the main reason no outline is more appealing. Also, the outline doesn't extend into the heroine, meaning her crotch and breasts look a little inconsistent to me.

So, if you wanted to use the outline, you'd have to add more outlines, which wouldn't be much of an improvement and may just be unnecessary work.

UnknownFox

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

My vote has to be for no outlines. Looks amazing though either way :D

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

I agree, this is the main reason no outline is more appealing. Also, the outline doesn't extend into the heroine, meaning her crotch and breasts look a little inconsistent to me.

So, if you wanted to use the outline, you'd have to add more outlines, which wouldn't be much of an improvement and may just be unnecessary work.
Which, like I said, gives it more of a cell shaded look. With no outline I feel that the heroine feels too much like a part of the scenery instead of the object we should be focusing on. With the outline she's given dominance in the scene though because the outline isn't detailing everything and instead being left to shade/lighting she still feels like a part of the environment.

urielmanx7

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

ill go for the outlined version (grew up playing capcom fighting games) i like that style

JohnDoe

Banned
Reputation score

I find myself agreeing with SirOni on this matter.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

At first I was like "Un-outlined looks better".

Now I'm not so sure. I think perhaps once I see the character moving around etc. I'd prefer the outlined for the reasons others have stated. (Separated from background etc.)

...guess I should download that thing and try it out, huh?

Yeah, I think I may have to side with the outlined... But I still love those of you who said un-outlined.

steamhare

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Which, like I said, gives it more of a cell shaded look. With no outline I feel that the heroine feels too much like a part of the scenery instead of the object we should be focusing on. With the outline she's given dominance in the scene though because the outline isn't detailing everything and instead being left to shade/lighting she still feels like a part of the environment.
Yes, that is an advantage. She does stand out, is easier to spot, follow on screen, etc, which is valuable in platformers. If the enemies are the same, it would definitely make them easier to avoid/copulate with when I'm playing in the wee hours of the night.

Oshikai

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Opinion seems divided almost 50/50 on this one.

Could you get the game to generate outlines as an option? Or possibly have the black outline as a layer behind the character that can be switched on and off? Would sate the desires of both camps if you could.

I prefer no outlines, feels a bit more artistic to my eyes. Suits the soft enviroment as well.

Last edited:

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'll put in a vote for no outline. Given what we've seen so far, I think the quality of the sprite work should be enough to differentiate what is what within the game.

hakunoe

Lurker
Reputation score

man the game gonna become a hit

???

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I dunno....i think the top looks more natural than the bottom.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Played them both. I prefer the outlined version. The no-outlined version makes my head hurt with the way it blends in with the rest of the colors.

Akumanoko

Demon Girl
Reputation score

My vote goes to the no lines version, since it simply fits better with the evironment, but if you do use the outlined version, please use darker lines for inner body contours as well, since the disparity between inner and outer contours is really distracting.

Also, the jumps feel a little stiff. Is it just me, or does jumping while running at full speed actually slow you down?

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The outline looks weird because nothing else is outlined. So for best results, you'd either have to outline everything or go with no outlines.

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Have to say with lines...in some parts of the ''Trial'' The Main Chara gets ''lost'' in the beams of the sun, making it some sort of losing the visibility of the main chara...

Somehow it makes it look 'Clean' without the lines....

My vote goes to Lines

But still, havent look at the sex animations done against the chara soo let wait some time...

Great progress BTW