What's new

Magic: The Gathering

Reputation score
Just wondering if anybody on here besides me plays or has in previous plays magic.

Re: Magic: The Gathering

*Raises hand* Previously.

I did a long long time ago...

Same. Haven't played it since high school, many moons ago. Stopped about when I was in college when they started introducing all those phasing rules and token generators and whatnot. Give me Karma and a Winter Orb and I'm happy.

I used to play. Then some asshole stole my cards after a match, one which I specifically stated I would only play in if it was for fun, not for cards... I also won it.
That didn't stop me from playing, but it sucked big time.
The reasons I stopped were because A) they came out with too many rules, and B) not enough people around that simply wanted to play, just to play; I spent money on those cards to play with them, not to lose them.

I do, but I pretty well only have those piddly 10-cent cards that the hardcore gamers discard when they get the newest sets in. XDD I only play for funsies anyways! Red/Black or Blue/White (I freaking hate Green *fistshake*)

Oh yeah, apparently in the next set, mana burn no longer occurs :x

I still go to the prereleases when they don't clash with other game tournaments, but I don't play constructed any more, it's too expensive.

FYI two prereleases ago I resolved a progenitus in a sealed tournament. It was a very good moment. And yes I won.

I play. The most recent set is all mixed colors, but it's also one of the single most broken sets known to man when played correctly. Also, I'm very adaptable as I never owned any cards when I first started and learned all of the rules by playing. Admittedly, some of the token decks can be ridiculous, but that's half the fun.

Needs more unglued

Needs more unglued

Que?

picture.php

Last edited:

I used to play...
A: "...and I hit you for 2 more. Okay, your turn."
B: "Dang, down to 3."
Me: "Wait, you're at 3, you're at 3, and you're at..."
C: "3."
Me: "And I'm at 20. *pregnant pause* Pestilence, pestil for 3."
A, B, C,: *scoops*​
Too bad the deck was so dang slow.

Hey Random_Knight777, that card image only showed a "linksteal" image before I went to the Troll and Toad website and looked it up. Maybe copy it into your album and relink it there?

THY WISH IS MY COMMAND.

EVEN IN DEATH, I STILL POST.

94305.jpg

EDIT: fix'd

Last edited:

Geez... Troll And Toad does NOT like their card images being "borrowed". Hey Kusanagi, that card image only showed a "linksteal" image before I went to their website and looked it up. Maybe copy it into your album and relink it there, so random passersby don't just view a black square with white "stop hotlinking our images!" text in it?

I'm off and on.

Back