What's new

Madrigal OOC Chatter

Kattunge

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Madrigal OOC Chatter

Yeah, too bad Agape wasn't a tentaclemonster too. >D

Ahh, surprise sex! The best kind... okay, I lie, but yeah, that'll be fun for the first time. :D I'm glad y'all are getting some weird and fun sex. I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of the same thing with En' for the next week -- that's what I get for playing a horny guy on a quest to impregnate as many of the ladies as he can, I guess. X3

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

...except for that rather awkward first introduction to your patron.
Ohhh, just you wait. ^_^

What I'm somewhat looking forward to is the amusing situation where Pheonix is talking to someone and Shale comes out of nowhere to have playtime.
You know what, I am too! XD

I forgot to give you both your XP dumps! *goes off to amend in the next couple of posts* If I forget in the future when a sexy-fun-time scene has come to an end, please give me a poke! I'd potentially like you guys to have a hoard of points to spend on tweaking potential characters and making your current ones veritable sex gods. (though... upping their stats makes it harder for them to gain pleasure... huh, maybe I'll have to figure out how to keep it balanced. *scratches brain*)

I wanted to add that, despite the nature of ULMF and this RP, if you'd rather 'fade to black' during a sex-related scene -- that is, have me do the rolls behind the scenes without describing anything of a sexual nature -- please let me know! This is mostly in the event that, say, you know your character would be down with performing an act that you're not interested in seeing described in detail. Just to put that option out there!

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Quick heads-up for the weekend: My nearly-mother-in-law has decided to swoop in on the house for the weekend to snag Kattunge away for Mother's Day, which means that either I won't be on the computer at all as I try to make awkward conversation, or I'll be online all the damned time as she'll have dragged Kattunge off somewhere for bonding time.

:rolleyes: She's not really all that bad, but I do enjoy my dramatic conjectures!

In either case, if nobody is getting any posts or feedback, that would by why. ^_^"

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

So. . . are we TOTALLY on our own in the Main Cavern? Nobody's going to throw anything at us? Because right now there are only two players, and they're about to part ways - at which point I predict the thread is going to fall flat and die.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, this sucks... Unless someone decides to play a GM, the main cavern is pretty much useless.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

I don't know if you noticed an earlier post, but I had said that I was going to be mostly away for the weekend, and by extension, Kattunge is as well. Don't go 'this thread is useless!' just yet. I may not have time to GM it outright, but it's a freestyle thread for a reason.

If your characters don't seem to be working out, then it's up to you to find a way to get them to work out -- this could include throwing some NPC's at 'em (feel free to make up your own from the species listed, if you have any questions or concerns, you can always PM me before running with 'em) or... we could always work out some kind of event that doesn't require moderation for you guys to run with. Since it's a freestyle thread, I don't mind if you take some liberties!

The folks who already have GM-led threads can also join up in the freestyle thread as well -- I'm not sure if RK, Xivvix or Pheonix want to do that, but you guys can drop your characters in at any time. Consider it a non-'cannon' sort of thing, if you want. What happens in the freestyle thread(s) isn't going to affect the GM game, but if you want to keep playing 'em, you can do so!

Lastly, I can't promise that Kattunge is going to come swooping in to moderate the freestyle thread (like I said, it's that way for a reason), but if she finds the time to play another character, there's that possibility too. It's just not likely going to happen today.

I'm sorry if it's not the bread-and-butter experience, but I can't open up the game to more GM-led threads without compromising the 'experience' (got, that sounds so hoity toity,) for everyone. I'd rather that folks get a reply in a few hours (when I get the chance to be online fairly often!) rather than once a day, which is what's going to happen if I take on more; that, and I'd wind up epically burnt out in a very short period of time. XD I suppose that I could just shorten my posts down to one or two sentences at a time. That's just... so unsatisfying a compromise, though.

So... I'm sorry that this sucks. Those are the options at the moment (unless you poke your friends to sign up, which is another valid AND awesome option), like it or lump it. I'm still going to holler if a new opportunity does come up, but you've got to take a little more responsibility for making your own fun if you're currently not having any. (That, or wander off to do something else, though I had been enjoying reading your posts so much. XD)

eta: I could change the Main Cavern into a general freestyle section so that you're not trapped in one space... you could wander around in any of the discovered areas (save where Falia hangs out) and make up some NPC's in the meantime if need be? If your freestyle character gets imported into a mod-led game, I was thinking that we'd just assume that they had a generally better idea about where they were instead of also importing all of their freestyle experiences... which means that people could potentially have a lot more power to do whatever is awesome and fun while they're waiting!

Last edited:

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I resign. Let the next person in the queue get some RP fun instead.
I just joined out of an exceptional case of boredom anyhoo, when I know that I suck at keeping myself active on forum RP's. ._.

Sorry. *Curls up in corner in attempt to be forgottened*

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

That means it's Rule's turn... I'm next, in case someone else drops.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

*Pats Rule's Head*

It's okay kitty. Have some tuna instead.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Oh... wrong kitty.

*Steals tuna and offers to RK*

*Pats RK's head*

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

*facepalm.jpg*

Just... Somebody ring when a player drops. I've expressed my interest right after Rule.

OP
wallpaper

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh man, so much happens when I'm gone!

I was actually going to put an announcement up and get people to pick numbers, then do a random draw. It seemed fairer to me than having interested folks queue up and having to wait for a really long time if they didn't sign up immediately.

Would that be a better solution?

*hugs for RK* Thanks for the honesty, dude. <: ) I appreciate it muchly.

Kattunge

Lurker
Reputation score

X3 Re: the Main Cavern... I'd volunteered to do some loose thread leadership, mainly in the realm of having a character in there to answer in-character questions. But my mom has been in all weekend, as wallpaper said, and, well, frankly real life takes precedence.

However, the thing is, I don't know exactly what wallpaper expected me to do, but I wasn't interested in DMing in the manner that she is doing in the main threads -- taking you by the hand and leading you. I think it's good roleplay exercize to be shoved in on your own for a while. XD

So there may still be DMing happening, but I don't think it's going to be the kind you guys are asking for, so... I guess don't hold your breath if you're expecting to be led by the hand.

Smokefish

Needs to go commit sudoku
RP Moderator
Reputation score

*Scampers away from Tuna and wriggles out of hug, curls up underneath piece of furniture* D:

Also the random pick thing; Then people will possibly feel that, they never win, over and over again. I'd suggest keeping the Queue thing honestly, since that's the most "Fair" thing to do. Early Bird Gets the Worm or whatever people say?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh man, so much happens when I'm gone!

I was actually going to put an announcement up and get people to pick numbers, then do a random draw. It seemed fairer to me than having interested folks queue up and having to wait for a really long time if they didn't sign up immediately.

Would that be a better solution?

*hugs for RK* Thanks for the honesty, dude. <: ) I appreciate it muchly.
That's up to you, man.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah. . . here's the deal. If we make NPCs for our own characters to interact with it's quickly going to turn into long posts that nobody else cares about as it doesn't interfere with their character. And if we make NPCs to interact with other characters - well, they're not exactly NPCs then.
I understand that you don't want to or can't take us by the hand, but it's a potential problem none the less. The only solution I see is luring more active players into the main cave. Because frankly most people won't see the appeal in joining this RP if they don't get the full treatment.

Sorry if I killed your good vibrations.

Kattunge

Lurker
Reputation score

The way I see it is that wallpaper opened up the Main Cavern as a place for people to kill time while they're waiting to get into the roleplay proper, or maybe as a way to dynamically come up with characters and test them out before settling on them. Having one open thread in a closed game is more of an afterthought, an add-on, I guess a privilege than an integral part of the game -- if you're exclusively playing in the Main Cavern you haven't even really joined the game proper yet. If that bugs you, it's really simple to just stop playing, to forget about it till you get the call that someone's dropped out and you're in.

I know from experience that DMless, player-driven threads can work, but are more work for the players, so I guess it's really up to the people taking part to compromise a little and maybe accept that self-driven threads are a little more effort. It's a different mentality, too, which may be the sticking point here. Really, if the Main Cavern thread doesn't work out, I don't see it as reflection on the game proper. I suppose that's why I don't see this whole thing as a problem.

At this point, I think joining the thread and calling myself a DM would actually do more harm than good, considering! I might join it as a player, though, with a character who might have some answers. :)

Oh, as for the queue vs. randomized thing, as someone who isn't in the queue (which I'm not sure whether makes my opinion more valuable or less), randomization actually makes more sense to me.

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I'm pointing out problems I find, which I'm good at. One of the few things, really. If we get more people in the main cavern it could be awesome. The GMs are doing nothing wrong.