What's new

Mad God's Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Age of Worms

"Well - we should probably decide where to meet first, if you're going to ask around. How about back at the bar where we all met in the first place?"

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Craig stands there, silently, not saying anything as he doesn't have an opinion one way or another at the moment.

(Sorry, real life has been keeping me from thinking so I haven't been posting as much as I'd like to.)

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

((No, problem as long as you're still posting.))

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"That works for me." She ponders for a moment. "Shall we say around mid-day? That way it will give me time to locate the proper channels. If you lot want to look into Irontusk while I'm gone, I can give you a fair assumption as to where to start looking, if you're not familiar with the city, that is."

((Gauging that it's still early in the day for us, so that might be a little long for the search. Feel free to change the meet time. And, not purposely trying to split the party, but figure two birds with one stone in this instance.))

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Sounds like a solid plan, though one or both of us could take longer than expected. Just don't get into anything violent unless absolutely necessary. The two idiots said Irontusk was somewhere in Barge End, wherever that is. Where should we meet up when we're done?" I say, my arms crossed over my chest.

(I mean the "one or both" as in either group.)

Megamickel

Lurker
Reputation score

((I cba to read 40 posts, so I'm going to assume I'm not missing anything important and just go with it.))

Teren opened his mouth simply to state "I'm going to find whoever this Irontusk man is. If his name is any indication, he's not going to be easy to reason with.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

((Nope didn't miss much, just the info you found out at the library. Just so I'm clear Copper's going off to gather info, and the rest are going to look around Barge End to see what they can find before joining up again.))

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

((You would be correct, sir, though I/Krys has stated that she can give them directions to Barge End, and maybe any further tidbits you'd care to pass along to me about what I might know about said area and the Daggers.))

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

((Okay I'll get to work on sending that then.))

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well," she looks around, "the easiest way to get to Barge End is to head that way," she points east. "Follow the river and when things start getting a little more run down and you're seeing more sailors than merchants, you're about there. Chances are, flashing that dagger around will have someone finding you quick enough, and hopefully it will be one of the members of the gang. Just a suggestion, though. As for where to meet up again..." She trails off. "Mellissa' suggestion was good. Back at the tavern, where everyone was this morning. Seems a good landmark, at least for now. And why don't we say that if an hour has passed and either one of us isn't back yet, we start to worry." She grins at Craig. "Hopefully we won't, though, if you take your own advice."

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

"Right. One hour, at the bar. Lets do this."

(Really, we've talked this to death. Lets just break the cardinal rule - 'never split up' - and hope that it was worth it.)

Megamickel

Lurker
Reputation score

Teren, wanting to get out of the city as quickly as possible, nodded silently and began walking east. The sooner they got to Barge End, the sooner they could leave, and the sooner he could visit the Grove again.

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Ashnod follows Teren to the barge end, half hoping there might be some rough housing with some pirates or brigands of some sort, but he kept that to himself, knowing that violence wasn't high on the city's "nice" list.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I go with the group to Barge End to look for Iron Tusk, waiting for anything of interest to catch my eye as I toy with the green-sheathed dagger in my hands. I make sure that it's easily visible, hoping that what we're looking for will come to us.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

As the four travel the great city of Greyhawk comes to an abrupt end down by the Selintan River in a tumble of shacks, docks, and a few warehouses. The shouts of fishmongers, creaking of wagons, and the cacophony of shrieking gulls are everpresent here. Up ahead the, the wide bank of the Selintan River is so crowded with boats, from simple fishing vessels to wide river gypsy barges, that it is nearly impossible to see the water at all unless one looks well away from the shore. As they walk along they keep their eyes peeled for anything that might interest them. Ashnod, Teren, and Craig notice that many of the dockworkers are watching the group especially Craig, but they don't notice a half-orc matching Irontusk's desription.

((Sorry I took so long, had to leave in a hurry yesterday. Family emergency. What order are you guy's traveling in?))

spot checks

Roll(1d20)+6: Teren
15,+6
Total:21

Roll(1d20)-1: Ashnod
18,-1
Total:17

Roll(1d20)+0: Craig
14,+0
Total:14

Roll(1d20)+0: Melissa
11,+0
Total:11

Last edited:

pbird

Lurker
Reputation score

(Being Ye Not-so-Olde fleshy spellcaster I'd like to be somewhere towards the middle)

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

18,-1
Total:7
((18-1 is not 7 last time I checked, but 17 doesn't beat 21, so I wouldn't have noticed anything new I suppose. Also, I would like to be somewhere up front, since I'm a tank.))

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

((Good catch there Ryu, I changed it. You did notice the people watching it was only a DC 12 spot check, so Melissa just barely missed it as well.))

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Being a slightly less tank, I'll be behind Ashnod, but also towards the front.)

"Hmmmmm, well we're being noticed, that's for sure." I say, keeping my voice low.

OP
dmronny

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

After a few minutes of this the monotony is broken up by the yells of what appears to be a blind beggar standing at the corner of a warehouse yelliing. "Heed my words, our doom is coming. The apostle of worms approaches. No one can save us." No one notices anything in fact the people are not paying much attention to anything, but the crazy beggar.

((Ashnod, Craig, Melissa, Teren))

spot checks

Roll(1d20)+6: Teren
7,+6
Total:13

7,-1
Total:6

Roll(1d20)+0: Craig
10,+0
Total:10

Roll(1d20)+0: Melissa