What's new

Looty Booty (Stealth game platformer)

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If anyone else has a less cringeworthy name I will donate one virtual hug in honor of their sacrifice.

Moving on to actual business though, a little bit about me.

A LITTLE BIT ABOUT ME
(Feel free to skip this part if you're not into long biographies about random strangers on the internet)
My name is Panda, and I work at a soulless corporation that pays me to sit around and browse Reddit all day. Sinking into the pit of depression while not doing anything at work (again), I decided to take a shot at doing something I've always wanted to do: design a H-game.

Now you might ask - why a H-game, Panda? I've been a lurker for as long as I can remember, and though some might view the H-game scene with contempt, this place has gotten me through a lot of rough patches and even though it's small, the community here is better than any other forum I've been to (which might seem weird since we're a hentai forum!).

Lacking any real drive to actually start/finish a game while I was at home, the dead end job turned out to be a blessing in disguise as I finally actually got motivated to start chugging away on my game. Downloading Kyrieru's template (Shout out to the awesome and amazing Kyrieru!) I started building the building blocks of said game.

TL: DR;
the TL:DR; of it is - I was bored at work, and finally got around to starting my own H-game with help from Kyrieru's template.

STATUS
After saving all the money I made from my job (I'm a fresh graduate living with parents) I managed to find someone who was willing to make the sprites for my game, but she's so ridiculously popular the waiting list is actually 6-9 months! So while I wait I'm actually clunking away at the engine and making each tile by hand. Here are some screenshots of what I've got so far: (I'll update as I progress through it)

GAMEPLAY
The general idea I've got for gameplay right now is that you're a female thief who's is sneaking into the largest corporation on earth, curious to find out their secrets and take whatever they've got for yourself. You'll find yourself in many "compromising" situations as you sneak your way through fortified buildings, steal priceless inventions and artifacts, and unravel the truth behind the world's biggest and shadiest corporation.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Got any suggestions? I'm currently at the most alpha part of my development process, so I don't have much to share, but hopefully that will change as I flesh out the engine, but before then, I'm open to any and all ideas! Thanks for reading this far!

Attachments

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Looty Booty (Stealth game platformer)

any more info on the creative choices you wanna make for the game?
it's actually pretty similar to a game i wanted to make myself, that was kinda megaman like, youd have to go back to other levels once you got the inventions from others :)

OP
Burningscarlet

Burningscarlet

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I don't have much of an idea right now since I'll have no idea about what works and what doesn't until I actually implement them, but for now my basic idea is:

You sort of sneak your way around the buildings and collect items which you can find (Like if you destroy a computer you might find a hidden chip for example) and then you bring them to your partner-in-crime for appraisal. She then gives you how much it's worth or whether it's useful for an upgrade. From there you can decide whether to sell the item or keep it until you find all the parts - which will then allow you to create power-ups.

So players will basically have to make a choice between buying the high tech stuff with their money (which they get from selling the parts they loot) or completing the mysterious sets of items which they find in the building (which has more supernatural stuff, like invisibility)

As for H-content, I don't really want to disrupt the gameplay too much so I'm thinking that the farthest you can get in-game is to be stripped, but if you lose you're taken to a dark cell and "interrogated" by the guards.

Nova17

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

As for H-content, I don't really want to disrupt the game-play too much so I'm thinking that the farthest you can get in-game is to be stripped, but if you lose you're taken to a dark cell and "interrogated" by the guards.

Or you could make that when you get hit, you lose a piece of armor.(like in ghouls and ghost)?:D

DerpHurr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I personally prefer games that allow ingame animation, rather than simply a game over screen. The least intrusive system I've found is Labyrinth of Holy Magic's 3 hit knockdown system so you knew when you'd get knocked down, but if you wanted to watch an animation play out you could just let it run, with some hp minor hp loss. Not that I want to interfere with your creative process or say your way is wrong. Just personally what I prefer.