What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Yes I suppose you could. But now you realize I will have to refer to it as "fucking shadow thing" whenever Claire sees it.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well that's pretty much how Ronny's going to refer to it, so that's fine with me. After all using the actual discipline names in character would sound kind of goofy if you ask me, even if you knew the actual name for the power.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Very true.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Gah, I hate forgetting who certain characters are... I can't remember who Jack is, and I keep getting the image of the guy from Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines stuck in my head...

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Right clan, right name, wrong guy though.

Jack would be the sheriff, and a helpful little tip for the really important guy's like the sheriff, prince, etc. I have them all written down in the basic information section, as long as we all know about them in character that is.

Oddly he really is a lot like Smiling Jack, as if you took the exact same character and went almost opposite directions sect-wise.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah, I should look into the Basic Knowledge portion more often than I do. Oh well.

Speaking of the video game... I still got to finish it too.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well most of it is really just the basic stuff that I hope you know about the setting at least by now, without me actually telling you. I do occasionally add things that are specific to this game in particular, such as who holds what position, how much you know in character about each clan, that kind of stuff.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Don't worry, I'm pretty confident with the setting to play a newly embraced vampire.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh is that why Claire almost got put to death her first night of freedom.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

No, that's because of Character acting. Be nice Dear ;)

Also, I think I managed to purge that virus I had on my own, lucky me, so I'm on my desktop and hopefully working to get a post done tonight, yay!

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

this is a pretty new setting to me, and I'm trying okay.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

But I'm not a nice person, just ask everyone I served with. They all thought I would make a great drill sergeant. I didn't even know you're computer had a virus, I just thought you were busy the last week like I was. Good to have you back either way though.

I didn't say you weren't trying or doing a good job of roleplaying. I was just pointing out that you may want to roleplay Claire as a little smarter. Since we're now in chapter 2, where it's more likely a character might die.

Anyways a bit of an odd question, which bloodline do you find to be more stupid: Blood Brothers, True Brujah, or Daughters of Cacaphony. I'm just curious since I find all three to be stupid in their own ways, but I lean more towards Blood Brothers being the dumbest.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Noted.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Blood brothers. I actually like the Trujah myself, especially if played correctly, and the Daughters have some merit to them.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah I guess I wouldn't call the Trujah stupid. I do have some problems with them but wouldn't call them stupid. The part that bothers me the most about them is that if they're supposed to be emotionless why would they hate the other Brujah so much. I would probably just call them poorly written.

I just don't see the point in the daughters since they don't seem to have a purpose.

The Blood Brothers are stupid though, so I guess we agree.

Oh and I'll probably end this night soon so we can get to the meat of the chapter, so just try to finish up anything you want to get to unless it can wait till later.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I don't think Claire's going to be doing much else except go back home, unless Vincent wants to talk to her.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I just didn't want anyone to go and start something that they won't be able to finish in this night is what I meant.

EDIT: I was going to make a longer ending post but I'm a little drunk after watching football earlier, so feel free to continue on till I get the chance to finish it up.

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeesh, sorry bout that I had planned on updating sooner but I just couldn't get anything done till now. Feel free to add on to anything that you would have thought about or done during the week up till Elysium. If necessary you can always PM me for anything or just ask in here. I should be around all day tomorrow to answer any questions.

Blood pools for everyone at the start of this weeks Elysium: Izzy 12/12, Claire 4/12, Fletch 4/12, Eve 8/14. Everyone's at full health and willpower.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Blargh, feel like shit. Will post something when I evict the hammering gnomes from inside my skull.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
That's probably a good thing, since the lag today would make the gnomes hammer harder.

Also I want to try things a little differently, well not really but different from lately. Since we're all together you guys and or gals don't have to wait for me to post, unless it's a response from an NPC or Ronny you're after that is. I'm not going to post any less but I want to see if it flows better this way.

Last edited: