What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Eh, it's the thought that counts more than the rep itself.

Also as a simple reminder, though it isn't really necessary with you guy's. No using your OOC knowledge in game, or the doing something stupid rule goes into effect.

Also I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I have updated and changed some minor things in the basic knowledge and setting information thread. I also have everyone's blood and will power updated in there if you haven't been keeping track of it yourselves.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

She's doing WHAT?
EDIT: Eh, I probably misunderstood. Though I recently found out that somebody has actually made up a term for her style of books - romantasy. Personally, I think "shit" is catchier.
Not her specifically, but her style is being made into a Red Riding Hood movie. Check my rant in the official Twilight thread.

Well to be fair, unlike a lot of game masters I have had, I try to be helpful as long as you don't seem hell bent on being an idiot. Which none of you are, thankfully.
honestly, at the moment I am... only because of the drugs though I swear.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I just saw this awesome quote on someone's signature on a different forum, I must share.

"Do I sparkle enough for your liking ?" -A Nosferatu to Stephanie Meyer, breaking Obfuscate inches from her face.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Ha... hahahaha! HAHA!

I have laughed heartily. My day is complete.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, twas a good laugh wasn't it. It's so simple yet it made my day as well.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Can Kindred make themselves do what Claire just did? And would it get rid of the tainted blood or...

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Simple answer: Yes a kindred can purge blood by vomiting it up. Though I would strongly suggest you don't go that route for all of the following reasons.

1. Blood is used up in this order, last in last out, meaning the only way to get rid of the tainted blood is to vomit every last drop of blood in your system up.

2. It's going to leave you at 5 blood points with no time to replace it before sunrise. Meaning you'll wake up hungry because you spend 1 point every day when you wake up.

3. Could be seen as a violation of the masquerade, since normal people don't often vomit up blood and then walk away all hunky dory.

4. I'm not 100% sure on the exact causes of Bulimia, but I think that purging yourself of blood in that way could lead to it developing.

5. There's probably other reasons as well, I just can't think of them.

Tis okay though, you have a chance to change it before I update.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Yeah.. I'm gonna change my entry now.

Still, the last in last out rule doesn't quite make sense in terms of vomiting.

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

True, but then again neither do dead people walking around and drinking blood to survive.

If you do it right, you can get the drugs out of your system the next night without vomiting. Waking will use 1 point, then go feed on 2 people, spend 6 points of blood, and voila no more heroin.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well yeah, I'm just trying to wrap my head around how the last thing I drank suddenly gets to the bottom of my stomach. Don't really matter though.

And getting Claire to feed whilst high on heroin... that'll be interesting.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well how about I use a little storyteller fiat and throw out the idea that you can vomit the blood up. I could honestly live without blood being puked up, myself. There we go problem all solved, or at least solved enough for us.

Actually it would probably be easier to feed somewhat, since it lowers you're chance of frenzying, what with the calming euphoric state.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

it's beacause the blood doesn't actually rest in your stomach for any real amount of time. It gets absorbed into your system and circulates 'normally'. When you try to vomit it up, the oldest blood is dropped back into your stomach to be purged. Make semse?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

it's beacause the blood doesn't actually rest in your stomach for any real amount of time. It gets absorbed into your system and circulates 'normally'. When you try to vomit it up, the oldest blood is dropped back into your stomach to be purged. Make semse?
Ah... didn't think of it that way. Alright moving along.

Sorry Ronny, but ye are right about the not frenzying thing.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Meh, just so long as you don't go running around puking up blood everywhere I'll be happy.

Anyways, like I said in the game thread. Knock yourselves out describing your havens, while we finish up the chapter.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Did, I wanted quite basic... I do need to get rid of this blood though. It's weird playing Claire this way.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

You can describe as much or as little as you want with your haven, it's more a part of your character though which is why I'm having you guy's describe it. As long as it's safe from sunlight and people during the day, I'm fine with whatever you come up with.

Yes, it probably is weird having a character being forced to be so different from how you picture them. Just think of it as stretching your role-playing horizons a little more. Plus it fits well with the whole personal horror thing since the idea of not really being yourself sounds scary to me.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Touche.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Good, Chapter 1 is all done. Chapter 2 will start whenever it starts. Any questions, concerns, complaints, or death threats knock yourselves out.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

How bout an apology? I'm stuck under a huge writer's block, so sorry about not describing the Haven.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

It's not really that important right now, you can always describe it when you wake up in Chapter 2.