What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Well actually I have no problem with the gun either as long as she can explain where it came from. After all it's not that hard to deal with some one with a gun.

Well some of the old fae were pretty scary as it is.

So is this the point where the army of redcaps is supposed to pop out of the bushes while the Black Spiral Dancer flanks us, or was that after we came out of the house.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Also Sinful where did the shotgun come from? Since you just ran to the house from Elysium, and you're outfit didn't suggest room to hide a shotgun. If you can come up with a good reason as to where it came from, I'll allow it. Otherwise I'll have to ask you to edit that bit out, and in the future everyone needs to tell me if you have a weapon, etc, etc.

Actually why would you want a shotgun, when you have protean 2?
The shotguns were something she's been stashing around, which is something I had planned for her for awhile. She took them from her household the night she went out alone. This is also why she returned with a large duffel bag to the warehouse before the reboot. She's always been intended to have firearms, almost a connection to her past even though she doesn't need them, and I've just not yet had a chance to reveal such a thing about her.

She also has them stashed about for such incidents when she needs to do something without risk of breaking the masquerade. Low and behold, tonight. Stealing a book isn't strictly legal, and Claire hasn't been the nicest or most subtle of folks lately.

And depending on the season, if she kept the shotgun in a duffel or something, she'd easily get away with it in a small town like Red Deer I'd assume. Hunting can be pretty popular.

If that's all good I'll move along, if not I'll go back and edit.

Last edited:

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

No that all works for me, I'm guessing Shrike knew what was in the bags and she forgot to tell me about it after the long break. So if there are any other little tricks you have stashed you may want to let me know in a PM. Just so I know for Story purposes. You may want to be careful about having it in Elysium though, some of the older ones can read your mind.

Anyways moving along.

Chibi I believe you missed the muahahaha part when I mentioned your primogen.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Technically, there's no weapons in Elysium period, so she'd likely have to surrender her bag to Jack if she had it with her. Other than that, considering one of the charries we were bringing in before the reboot owned a hunting supply shop, I think Claire's good.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Alright coolios. Moving along.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

No that all works for me, I'm guessing Shrike knew what was in the bags and she forgot to tell me about it after the long break. So if there are any other little tricks you have stashed you may want to let me know in a PM. Just so I know for Story purposes. You may want to be careful about having it in Elysium though, some of the older ones can read your mind.

Anyways moving along.

Chibi I believe you missed the muahahaha part when I mentioned your primogen.
I saw it, but still... xD

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

She's hopefull Ronny.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

I have the strongest urge to refer to us as the bloodsucking brady bunch.

Copper? Since you said it first iirc, would you say it again in refrence to us ALL getting past the night alive?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, considering we're already dead, that's not going to work, now, is it? *laughs* And yes, Izzy's willing to give credit to folks who help or are at least willing too help. I mean, Rule's not here, so I can't fault Fletch for that. She is thinking of the whole coterie at the moment.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Coitanly nyuk-nyuk-nyuk.

First there is no guarantee it will happen since there is a chance you can resist it depending on how hard it is. All of this also applies to Roetschrek except it's different stimuli.
Yeah, I've never heard about this, but I forgot to ask what it is when it first came up. Could you elaborate a bit?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Roetschrek (I think Ronny spelled it wrong) is, simply put, Fire-Frenzy. Vampires do not like fire. If exposed to a massive quantity of flame (enough to actually do damage to them), a vampire literally has to fight the urge to not flee from it. If they can't flee, they frenzy. Most Kindred can handle small flames (like, say, from a lighter, fireplace might be pushing it) but a bonfire, house fire, certain levels of Path of the Flame, usually require some sort of check to not freak out. (Note, Tremere that *cause* certain levels of path of the flame do not have to make a check for this.)

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

From a wikipedia article-to-be, I gather the spelling is Roetschreck or, if you have the umlaut, Rötschreck. Sounds like a pseudo-German word, would translate to something like "red scare". Are you sure vampires aren't just right-wing republicans in disguise?
Or maybe it's the other way around...

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah roetschreck is just as Copper described it, and as Rule pointed out I don't have an umlaut for my keyboard. Basically Frenzy and Roetschreck are similar to the fight or flight instinct in everyone.

I'm glad to know it seems to be a pseudo-German word because I was thinking I had just forgotten it from school. I don't think they're in disguise, I think the vampires are hiding in plain sight as Republicans.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Y'know, if Leo is crotchety and a curmudgeon *now* I can only imagine him a hundred years down the road...immortal, but still stuck in the body of a 60 year old man, heh.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I can just imagine him staring down an antedeluvian and going: "Get off my lawn."

Actually, I think he might get a bit more amiable with his newfound immortality. But it's like saying a grizzly bear is more amiable when it eats your head first so that you don't feel the rest of it.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hell, the entire scenario right now, I've been hearing that in my head.

Definitely going to be interesting, that's for certain.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I assume I have to "recast" the most basic level of obfuscate every time I move, right? Bloodlines handled it slightly differently, in that you would automatically go invisible while standing still for a period of time.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

If you only have level 1, yes, it needs "recast" every time that you move. If you have level 2, you can at least move, and so long as you're not obvious about it, you remain cloaked. I'll double check later and make sure it doesn't cost you blood to use it, but I think I tried to work that into the descriptions if it did.

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

No blood cost for obfuscate, but the first to levels do require you to remain stealthy while you're cloaked. Once you hit level four you can walk in the open and remain unnoticed, people subconsciously move around you.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

According to the book you have to reactivate Cloak of Shadows every time after you move, but it requires almost no effort to accomplish. Meaning no expenditure of blood or will power.

Edit: Hah Shrike beat me.

Last edited: