What's new

Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Laws of the Night OOC and Discussion

I believe I recognize that SN that's new in the character section. Up to Shrike to decide if she wants to bring in another player at this point, but, interesting background. And no, no Malks, tho. Shrike's already stated as such, but the others do seem to fit.

Additionally, Sin, I suppose, given the area, Claire turning into a wolf might not be *all* that far fetched. Y'all know the Canadian areas better than I do, but would a wolf really be that out of place? Now, Fletch, I can see turning into a big ol' junkyard dawg but there's no rule (unless Shrike overrides me) saying that City Gangrel *can't* turn into wolves. It's just that, well, a wolf tends to stick out in the city whereas, say, a pitbull wouldn't. Given the fact, too, that other clans that learn Protean can't turn into anything *but* wolves and bats, I'd say it's still feasible for you.

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Mastiffs. Holy shit, I saw one last weekend and you couldn've put a saddle on the damn thing.
I thought about the Mastiff, but they have those huge dewlaps. Also, Yeah, I think I'll go with a brown Newfoundland. If I make it this far.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Well wolves don't make it much into cities no... more foxes and coyotes... however, is it possible for a Gangrel sired by an urban Gangrel, to become non-urban, dependant on where she spends her time/ is most comfortable?

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

In my opinion, pick whichever animal your character sympathizes with. River's flight form is a hawk, not very city-ish, and she has never used a flight form yet. And the night I spent in Red Deer way back when, I heard Coyotes out the window, so I could see wolves in the area, though probably not in the city itself ;) The distiction I make between Country and City Gangrel is mostly where their comfortable, so yeah, I could see a city Gangrel 'going country' if that's where they like it, though you might want to pick up Animalism somewhere first, to make a bit more sense ;)

MMK, your character seems pretty well thought out, if a bit over-the-top. If he were Embraced, what would he do to keep himself from being extradited? I'm just looking for some insight into his thought processes mostly. I find that hackers generally don't make very good PCs, simply because there isn't much reason for them to do anything but sit at home in front of the screen. The information gathering is handy, they just work better as an NPC the characters could ask a favour from.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Be a St. Bernard, Rule. Then all you have to do is contract rabies and you can go Cujo on their asses.

Let's see what I can think of that we got a lot of calls for when I was working animal control, since I worked out of a town about the same size.

Raccoon, Opossum, Fox, Coyote, of course dogs, cats, bats, and rats. Hawks or other birds of prey actually aren't to weird in cities. New York has peregrines. We occasionally got calls for lynxes and cougars. Wolves, bears, and deer wouldn't be out of the question either depending how common they are in Alberta. How about snakes or is that only allowed with Serpentis?

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

A serpentis snake is an entirely different ballgame, trust me ;) The only ones on that list that I would call uncommon for the area is bears and raccoons, and I don't think there are any opossums at all.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Racoons and Oppossums are uncommon are you sure, I've seen them in every country I've been to except Iraq, and all 46 of the states I've been in.:eek:

So just to make sure; a snake would be possible, it's just a serpentis snake would be waaaay different than what they would get with protean.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

If the picture were better (damn short zoom on a digitial) I'd put up the picture my mother and I took of about 20+ hawks that were perched on the antennas on the buildings behind our house (which is in a very urban environment.) Not to mention I see hawks all the time driving to work along the highway. So honestly, that particular bird isn't all that uncommon. At least I wouldn't look twice.

Copper turns into a crow simply because the ones we get around here are friggin' 'uge. And it's hard to have blue streaks on a bat's wings but on a bird, they look cool *winks*

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

This is alberta Ronny, we don't even have rats ;)

And yes, snakes are allowed, though there are only two or three kinds in all of alberta, and not a single one is very impressive.

Serpentis snakes, on the other hand, come in two varieties. A cobra-headed person, with the hood 1.5-2 feet wide, and a full-on pretty much human-sized cobra, neither one you want to mess with ;)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Serpentis snakes, on the other hand, come in two varieties. A cobra-headed person, with the hood 1.5-2 feet wide, and a full-on pretty much human-sized cobra, neither one you want to mess with ;)
Unless you are a member of GI Joe or Conan the Barbarian.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Well in that case Alberta is freaking weird, though I should have figured as much since everyone I know there is really weird. Ya weirdo.:p

OP
Shrike7

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Correction: only if you're the ninja from G.I. Joe, or the Conan that has nothing to do with the Governator :p

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Which ninja theres like a dozen of them and one of them was sometimes hard to tell which side he was on.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey hey...they all fought Serpentor. Of course, there's that whole Cobra-la thing, in which case, I present Sgt. Slaughter, since he kicked Nemesis Enforcer ASS at the end.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah the whole Cobra-la thing was kinda weird, And you know for all the badass genes he had Serpentor was let's face it pretty stupid. All I ever remember him doing was flying around on that stupid flying sled thingy and shaking his fist. If Cobra had been smart they would have put Destro in charge.

EDIT: Would it really matter what was native to Alberta, since the two other Gangrel are from different areas and just living in Red Deer currently.

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy's not like me and needing the computer, but she's also practical enough to try and make the most out of her time. Not even sure if it'll work where they are, but she's going to try (unless River tells her no.) It is really just so she can start reworking her schedule and I figure she can let it run on battery for a day or two. And the only reason I'm having her do that anyway is that my college let us work on schedules online (or at least they were implimenting it while I was graduating...I think I still had to do mine by phone :p)

And yeah, Serpentor was pretty inept, wasn't he? But then, so was Cobra Commander. Maybe that's why Destro's the main bigbad in the movie that just came out...

And I just had this mental image of Ronny (the character) going "Oncsssse a man!" cuz he's all mopey and depressed about the vamp thing...

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh haven't paid much attention to the new movie, I don't like to learn too much about them before seeing them. Of course even in the cartoon Destro failed a lot, they all did.

Of course they couldn't really ever let the bad guy's win now could they. Of course when you said that quote it reminded of how much cobra commander and the no face zombie from scoobie doo were alike.

So anyways where's everyone else, I'm beginning to feel like only half of us are playing.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Maybe they're in torpor. Or maybe they're just waiting for things to pick up again. Come to think of it, though, I haven't seen Wall on for a while. TWO hasn't said much lately, but has been around. *ponders* Other than that, it's just a matter of folks finding a reason to say anything at the warehouse, I'm supposing.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

I'm just venting, because I have absolutely nothing to keep me busy except work lately. So I keep hoping things'll pick up, I would post more and roleplay with the ones here. However then the ones who have been missing will be all confused and not want to read through everything and not post. Then we're just stuck in a vicious ugly cycle.