What's new

ACT [KooooN Soft] Witch Girl (RJ122605)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerNimrod

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: Witch Girl (from maker of Shinobi Girl)

I try to stay away from torrents, since they require technical know-how and
our own computers as hosts. I love torrents, but I don't think we're a large
enough community to successfully create a seed-to-peer ratio that is worth a
damn.

I have no problems with giving it a shot, but I'd like to stick to simple cloud
hosts for now.

Good to see you're still lurking.

-JN

iotaku

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

New update!

[2015年10月 ver2.33へ更新]
・いくつかの不具合を修正しました。
・オマケモードに射精ループと絶頂ループを追加

google translated:

- Some of the trouble it was fixed.
- In a bonus mode, it was to be able to climax loop and ejaculation loop.

zendreon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

would it be possible to color witch girl and pattern her outfit like Kazami Yuuka? I think it'd be neat since their hair style is a bit the same.

wgunder1

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

I try to stay away from torrents, since they require technical know-how and
our own computers as hosts. I love torrents, but I don't think we're a large
enough community to successfully create a seed-to-peer ratio that is worth a
damn.

I have no problems with giving it a shot, but I'd like to stick to simple cloud
hosts for now.

Good to see you're still lurking.

-JN
Another thing to consider against the torrent system is the simple fact that Most ISP lower your bandwidth when they see your hosting or dealing with torrents. (Yes they can easily monitor you through the router your using.)
Cloud based system are just more reliable unless you have compromised system already.

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

would it be possible to color witch girl and pattern her outfit like Kazami Yuuka? I think it'd be neat since their hair style is a bit the same.
It's possible! But I'm not able to change her cloth patterns. Kazami has little squares on her clothes, aren't there? You would've to be satisfied with only the colors, but no apparel patterns.
Also, I have to look into my schedule due to my fresh start at university.

Muhdog

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's possible! But I'm not able to change her cloth patterns. Kazami has little squares on her clothes, aren't there? You would've to be satisfied with only the colors, but no apparel patterns.
Hey Freunde What program do you use to change the colors on witch girl? is it hard?

Whitee

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Hello friends,

I had some free time today so I made a simple program that you can use to change the colors of Witch Girl. It has a color picker in it so you just click the part you want to change, then select a color (including transparency) and tha da! Done! Well, sort of. :confused:

Some things to remember:
  • DO NOT DELETE THE PATCH0 FOLDER
  • After you change a color, a new folder of type Patch_VersionNumber will be created in the main directory. That is where the game version with the color that you changed will be. So, for example, if you change 5 colors, the final version containing all of the changes (5 in this case) will be in the folder titled "Patch5". The game with the first three changes will be in folder "Patch3". Anyway, you get the point. :)
  • After you have changed the colors that you wanted you will only need to keep the last version of the patch (containing all of the changes). You can delete all of the Patch folders but Patch0 and the last patch of the game.
  • The program generates lots and lots of data so if you have an SSD you should put this on it. You should also wait before you close the program or move and change the next color (it doesn't currently have a progress bar). If you want to be sure, you can check in Task Manager for Disk status. If it's at 0% it means the program finished writing the changed game files to the disk.:D
  • You should take your time when you select a color. After you select it (or close the color picker window) you will need to restart the program and start again if you want to again change that specific part color again. So, for example, if I first change the Skirt color to Pink, life is gud. If I want to change it again to something else, too bad, I have to restart the program.:(
  • The resulting game will have not sound files so If you want sound you can just copy and use the original Witch Girl sound folder.:eek:
  • You will need .NET Framwork 4.5.2 to run it. :mad:

Known bugs:
  • Right know there is a problem with the eyes, please color them last otherwise nothing except for hair/eyes will change.

Now, I have a little question for you guys. Would you prefer to be able to change all of the colors (Including Shadows, Highlight #1, Hiliight #2, etc.) - sort of like it is now, or to just be able a main color for something and the program to generate the Higlights and Shadows based on that? I'm asking because there are parts which have like 10 different Shadows/Highlight and it would be pretty tedious for the user to change all of them (and change them in a way that makes sense - for example some shadows are darker than others). What's your opinion? Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It crashes pretty much all the time. Why not just have a "confirm" button that makes all the changes at once instead of incrementally taking up several gigabytes by the end of it? Also there is no way to change the secondary color of bra/skirt, as well as the shoes. Good work on it so far though

Last edited:

Whitee

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It crashes pretty much all the time. Why not just have a "confirm" button that makes all the changes at once instead of incrementally taking up several gigabytes by the end of it? Also there is no way to change the secondary color of bra/skirt, as well as the shoes. Good work on it so far though
In what circumstance does it crash? :confused: I tested it on my desktop and on my laptop (which is pretty old) and it didn't crash. I will of course add more colors, this is just a prototype. I will add a Patch button so it doesn't insta-change it. :D

Also:

Now, I have a little question for you guys. Would you prefer to be able to change all of the colors (Including Shadows, Highlight #1, Hiliight #2, etc.) - sort of like it is now, or to just be able a main color for something and the program to generate the Higlights and Shadows based on that? I'm asking because there are parts which have like 10 different Shadows/Highlight and it would be pretty tedious for the user to change all of them (and change them in a way that makes sense - for example some shadows are darker than others). What's your opinion? Thanks!

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's not that it crashes, it just freezes up if I don't wait long enough between changes (this includes any changes on the color spectrum).

The autogeneration would be great as an option, with the ability to edit any of the colors it generated

zendreon

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ah ok, thanks for telling me.

Whitee

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Ok, I fixed most of the bugs, added a Patch Button and made it so that it doesn't write 10 GB's to the disk. It will now write only to a single file, so no more wasted space. After it finishes patching you should see a message box. It should also behave more nicely. I will add more colors tomorrow and try to get the auto-generate thingy done. Thanks and I appreciate the feedback.

Last edited:

Freunde

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Ok, I fixed most of the bugs, added a Patch Button and made it so that it doesn't write 10 GB's to the disk. It will now write only to a single file, so no more wasted space. After it finishes patching you should see a message box. It should also behave more nicely. I will add more colors tomorrow and try to get the auto-generate thingy done. Thanks and I appreciate the feedback.

The relevant hex-codes for Witch Girl I've found and used.

The left codes are the original ones. The right ones are (I guess) the codes for Ms. Golden Eye. But I think those aren't relevant if you need the original codes to modifiy your program.

I wanted to show you those codes because Koooonsoft sure is a witty guy, he didn't make it easy for me to mod his Witch Girl.

Attachments

Last edited:

Whitee

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks again for the hex codes Freunde!

Anyways, WitchRecoler 0.2a!

• Added an automatic hex Shadow/Highlight generator (so you don't need to manually change them, they will change automatically if you do not select them, but of course you can change them if you want).
  • Changed the user interface, made it a little bit more organized by using a table like grid.
  • Added some more colors (Shadows/Highlights) that change automatically when you patch the game. These do not have a color picker as they appear only once or twice in the game so it will be wasted space. Instead, they will be generated and changed based on what you picked (Skin color, Cloth color, etc.).

If the game is "Not responding", just wait. There is nothing that I can do since it is trying to search and replace byte by byte hex strings in a few dozen files.

Download link:

Some features that I may be adding in the future:
  • Presets (with image previews)
  • Auto generated Shadows/Highlights intensity slider
  • Cloth patterns/textures (ETA: ~2034)

Anyways, next version will probably have all the colors (yes, yes, including the ability to change the panties color).

sonny

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Can be possible, in the future, to apply this wonderful patch in the Shinobi girl too? i wanted to recolor that green ogre of the 2nd gameover...;)

Askadar

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Can be possible, in the future, to apply this wonderful patch in the Shinobi girl too? i wanted to recolor that green ogre of the 2nd gameover...;)
Technically? Should be easy. But it'll require implementation from developer. And it'll be easier to just use flashbulb mentioned few pages earlier by Mundane Girl.
In some future I predict possibility of recoloring individual item on WG, like only skirt or bra.

Status
Not open for further replies.