What's new

ACT [kooooN Soft] Angel Girl

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score
Re: Angel Girl

As long as the finished product has balanced challenging gameplay, this looks to be a great success.

We just have to consider the moral issues about sharing it, since it looks like it's gonna be pay per download, and there is a direct victim.

Guan Yu

GAUN
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Haha, score's so easy to glitch. Like I said, I had made it so that no blue spawned and the other two couldn't hit me. I could literally go forever. Not to mention the fact you could keep masturbating at the beginning before enemies show up and rack up fireballs.
Yeah, I put the speed meter to 11 and just pressed up the entire time. I bored out at 500 000 points as nothing hit me. Could've gone to infinity and beyond if I wanted, just like you say.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

That's all fine and well until you download a file containing a virus which fucks your computer up. Sure, as long as you don't do anything stupid that's unlikely, but just because you're not using IE doesn't mean you're safe.
Obviously. I'm not suggesting you do what I do. The only reason I'm even mentioning the fact that I don't use protection is to prove my point that Firefox is superior to IE, not that it will give you 100% protection against everything ever.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Obviously. I'm not suggesting you do what I do. The only reason I'm even mentioning the fact that I don't use protection is to prove my point that Firefox is superior to IE, not that it will give you 100% protection against everything ever.
Meh. They're your files. Just thought I'd mention it in case you didn't realize that. Inb4 macfags.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

*chuckles* That's what I do on my windows machine, anyway. Obviously on my mac I don't have to worry about it ;)

Reputation score

The new post he put on his blog just talks about how he put version .5 up to the public, and how he's glad to have part of it finished. Now he's just going to draw more rape animations and figure out an ending. Also a gallery mode. He complains about how drawing tentacles is hard, and laments about a voice.

ALSO--- I mistranslated earlier. I said,
BeastOfShadows said:
He has the basic parts finished, so the rest is just suffering through it.
He's just talking about how he's got the basics done, and just has to come up with the rest of the animations.

Stranger

Lurker
Reputation score

Have you tried pressing "alt"?
that, or go to any folder, click on any empty space, at the top left there should be a dropdown menu (its the first one, saying smth like "sort by" - i have a rus version of windows) from that menu choose an option saying something like "folder and searching properties" (8th from the top) then go to "view" tab (the middle one ) and tick the third entry which should say "always show menu"
now you should have the menu showing everywhere

Cappy

Reputation score

OH FUCKING SHIT AWESOME WHAT THE.... OH MY GOODNESS!!!!

DLing, it looks awesome, I hope this guy keeps updated with the trials :3

Reputation score

There's been another update today. I was thoroughly confused on my first read through, but I mistranslated something so now I get it.

The first bit talks about how he's let the project slip a little, and even though he was looking forward to it, he still let it slip.

In the second bit he says he's honestly a bit relieved. The first half of the next sentence talks about flash not having much of a capacity (storage I guess?), and the next half I don't really get; something about not being able to sell it on a CD or a similar medium. He says this may be for the best, and he's not just trying to make up excuses.

The third bit he talks about how currently, it's just a simple intro/ending/menu kind of thing. He just has to make more animations. He wants to have 10 (7 more than there are currently).

The last bit he talks about how he can do about 1 new animation a day, and so he will limit himself to that, and try to update in a week. He also needs to work out spawn patterns for enemies, but he doesn't know how long that will take.

Also, I had a question for you guys. If you like I could try to send him an e-mail telling him about us and how he's got a whole community of support, and ask him to consider making the game free as he is stealing LM's idea and building off something that isn't his. My formal Japanese is OK, but it would still be hard for me, and I'd definitely put anything I send up here first before I send it. I also have no idea if he speaks any english, though he might, considering you have to pass the TOEFL to graduate from most Japanese universities. What do you guys think?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

I like the idea of telling him about us, but I think you should hold off on asking it to be free for now. On one hand, you're right it really does seem like a good idea. But in the other, it feels kind of pushy to suddenly tell someone that we support him, but we want it for free.

ronin

Lurker
Reputation score

Nice game, additional enemies, positions would be nice though.
And a female voice perhaps.

Btw am I the only one that immediately thought samus aran when he saw the chick?

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Also, I had a question for you guys. If you like I could try to send him an e-mail telling him about us and how he's got a whole community of support, and ask him to consider making the game free as he is stealing LM's idea and building off something that isn't his. My formal Japanese is OK, but it would still be hard for me, and I'd definitely put anything I send up here first before I send it. I also have no idea if he speaks any english, though he might, considering you have to pass the TOEFL to graduate from most Japanese universities. What do you guys think?
To be honest, I don't think this is a good idea.

All the artwork's original, he developed the engine separately, I suspect the backstory/motivations are going to be different... if it went to an actual copyright court-case, it'd get kicked right back out.

Think about it this way - Battlefield 1942, Call of Duty, and Brothers in Arms all exist simultaneously, and they're all first-person WWII shooters which use "aim with mouse, WASD to move" controls.

Wonderboy

Lurker
Reputation score

While the game is no doubt based off DG, probably picked apart with a decompiler or something, that doesn't mean that he isn't putting work and effort into it. I really like the idea of letting him know that there's a whole community that started out because of LM and that they're thirsty for more. I don't think we should say we "support" him, as we're probably gonna pirate it if it isn't free... But let him know that were here, and that were watching. Intently.

Cactuses

The user formerly known as MoT
Reputation score

Honestly speaking, telling him that there is a DG based community that is watching his work and loving it so far can be a somewhat cheering for him, but I'm not really sure if we should go around talking about when ever he is going to make it free or not. After all, there is a lot of work put on it, and it is honestly better looking than the original so far.

Personaly, I'm not really sure if we should contact this guy at all, afterall, if he does find out that we are handing out payable games like this for free, which will most likely happen this game aswell, there might start some shit storms stirring up, and we might not like that.

Reputation score

Yeah on second thought it doesn't seem like such a great idea.

Sponge

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Honestly speaking, telling him that there is a DG based community that is watching his work and loving it so far can be a somewhat cheering for him, but I'm not really sure if we should go around talking about when ever he is going to make it free or not. After all, there is a lot of work put on it, and it is honestly better looking than the original so far.

Personaly, I'm not really sure if we should contact this guy at all, afterall, if he does find out that we are handing out payable games like this for free, which will most likely happen this game aswell, there might start some shit storms stirring up, and we might not like that.
Very good point. But, we also got to keep in mind who has the rights to the game. ((Even though Linemarvel TECHNICALLY hasn't copyrighted it.)) Only reason I feel ok with downloading his work when he's done. The other games I feel like paying for them would just be cheating me money. <_<

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Very good point. But, we also got to keep in mind who has the rights to the game. ((Even though Linemarvel TECHNICALLY hasn't copyrighted it.)) Only reason I feel ok with downloading his work when he's done. The other games I feel like paying for them would just be cheating me money. <_<
Technically speaking copyright doesn't work that way. If you make a creative piece of work, it's copyright belongs to you, whether you announce it or not.

Cole

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah, we definitely should make him aware of us. It would feel great to know that even people on the other side of the planet are looking forward to his work.

Sifer2

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

I would say offering support an telling him how many are looking forward to it is fine. But yeah generally not a good idea to complain about whether something is free or not. From what I have seen artists never take that well.