What's new

Kindred in Madness (Lionfire and MAF)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Kindred in Madness (Lionfire and MAF)

Toel: HP = 51, PP = 42, EP = 39, Status = Fine

Ruven Zelphar: HP = 34, PP = 36, EP = 76, Status = Fine

More amused than anything else at Toel and Ruven's antics, Veera smirked and patted the bashful elf on the shoulder. "Fuel's over there," the storekeeper grunted, gesturing towards a set of shelves with some lamp oil, torches, and bundles of fire wood and sacks of coal. "Food's over there if you're looking for trail rations," he added, pointing to another, more well laden shelf covered in packs of preserved food.

Everything is 2 denarii a thing. Fuck it I'm lazy.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ruven decides to gather up a slightly more than reasonable amount of fuel, seemingly his main concern before food, letting Toel focus on acquiring the rations and to decide on his own. Ruven would ask Veera, "How many days do you think the trip will be?" before buying a bit extra just in case they meet complications unforeseen.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

With Ruven going for the fuel, Toel goes towards the shelf that holds the preserved food. He couldn't help but be a tad surprised at the prices, but he wouldn't complain about them. After all, his budget at the moment is getting a bit tighter, so it is truly a blessing. 'Best to have a few days of extra food just in case we get stalled somehow... Hopefully it will be unnecessary.'

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"To find a place that none of us have been to?" Veera asked with a smirk, "it'll be at least two weeks to get there, depending on how hard you two are willing to march. We'll only be moving when it's light out, and presumably we'll be having late mornings, but I'll be able to scrounge up food the whole way without too much trouble. Oil, on the other hand, I probably won't be able to extract from nature. Not unless whales have started living on land while I wasn't paying attention anyway. So, light on food but heavy on what you think you'll need to keep the dark at bay."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"... Two whole weeks of lugging around oil..." Ruven thought about that, looking and thinking about how much oil he'd need. Depending on how efficient the lantern was, he'd need either three liters or even more than that. In the end, Ruven came to the counter with five liters of oil, despite being nothing for most people, Ruven let out a huff as he lifted them, and walked at an awkward pace as he brought it to the counter, looking like it was a slight ordeal from the thin elf man. "... I think, um... Maybe this will be enough?" he wondered, pondering the price. As it turns out, each bottle weighed in about a liter and costed 2 denarii each. Easily done, as Ruven put the ten coins on the table.

Having done that, he glanced up at Veera with a meek and worried smile, seeking the experienced traveler's approval.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Glancing back up at Veera, Toel couldn't help but smile to her. "Really? Makes it much easier on the budget, but I'm going to get some to last for the first few days then. Don't want you scavenging for food the whole way, yeah?" Grabbing about 3 days worth of trail rations and putting down his own 6 Denarii to pay for it. Looking over to Ruven, he pauses as he looks down at the bottles of oil. After a momentary pause, he glances over his shoulder at his pack. Probably gonna need to make more room...

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"It's no trouble. It's part of my job, isn't it?" Veera replied to Toel, before smirking knowingly at the pile of oil that Ruven had acquired. "You can put some of that in my pack. One of you two will have to carry it while I'm out hunting to keep the noise down, but otherwise it won't be much of an issue."

"Ahhh, thank you thank you! Good ol' Veera, always bringing me good customers! Men who know what they want and just buy it!" the shopkeeper rambled as he cashed the pair out, grinning as he took their coin for the supplies they'd acquired.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ruven grinned, letting people take whatever they wanted to lighten his load as he was far from a strong man. "You seem well liked around here, Veera." he commented with a smile. It was a plus in his book by far, and made him trust a little more, even if just a little. Hopefully that reputation was for reasons he would not regret later. The book was far too stressful to worry about traitors, be they immortal or not.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Stashing the trail rations in his pack, Toel shrugs his shoulders in response. "True... But always good to have some extra in case we can't find anything, yeah?" After a final check of inventory, the Anudorian closes his pack and hefts it back in it's rightful place. "I think that is about everything we need... Think we are about ready to go?" Toel asks Ruven and Veera after getting his pack readjusted, gripping the strap.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Yeah! We've already got Veera, so I think we should be safe!" Ruven said with confidence, letting all his hopes ride on Veera being the guide they so needed right now.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"What can I say... All the boys following me around seems to bring places a lot of business~" the demoness replied playfully, cocking her hip slightly and knocking into Ruven, pushing him lightly with her weight. She led them out of the store, waving goodbye to the mad looking old man on the way out, and then confirmed; "So, you two don't need anything else?"

Assuming they didn't, she would start leading them back towards the main road through Acheron, to the Eastern gate. She exchanged greetings with a handful of people along the way but never stopped to talk to anyone, regularly looking back to make sure that both Toel and Ruven were still with her. They managed to make it through the city without serious incident, the main avenue well traveled by the guards and thus relatively peaceful, and didn't even pass another scene like the one they'd encountered on the way into the city.

"So, we've still got a few hours of daylight left... I know a nice place to camp that's kind of nearby, private and out of the way of the road but not out of our way so to speak, but we can get an early start and get on our way now if you guys want."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Given a bump from Veera, Ruven lets out a startled, "Oh!" before blushing in embarrassment that he just got hip checked in front of everyone. So humiliating, and yet he was strangely fine with it. "I'm pretty sure we're good... Though that's my lack of experience talking!" he chuckled.

Once walking out and on their way, Ruven was already wearing a look of distress on his face. "W-we should try to make camp as soon as possible. No risks, absolutely no risks! Absolutely must not become cloaked in the dark!" he insisted, gripping the book by his side hatefully, wishing he could for once, successfully burn it.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

A smile crosses Toel's lips as Ruven gets hip bumped by Veera, patting Ruven's back briefly. "I think we have what we need for now." Nothing comes to mind at least, but for the most part they are stocked up on the essentials for now.

Ruven's insistence brings Toel out of his thoughts as they left the city, the Anudorian for the most part just shrugs in response to the idea of setting up camp. "Some rest wouldn't hurt, yeah?"

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Works for me!" Veera siad mischievously, and after a little while longer she led them off of the road and into the woods. The going was a bit rougher for a little while, but ultimately she led them to a waterfall, a small clearing around it, the pool it created, and the first portion of the stream covered in soft moss, with plenty of stones around for a camp fire ring. "You two can get things ready how you like here," she said, before hanging her pack up on a pine branch on the edge of the clearing and pulling a collapsible basket out of it, "I'll scrounge us up some food. We've got at least three hours of daylight left, but I won't be gone even that long. Be careful, not many know about this cute little corner but I'm not the only one. Don't trust anyone that comes along that isn't me!"

Then, barring some response from either man, the karkastan was off, leaving Toel and Ruven to fend for themselves for a little bit next to the bubbling stream and the hip deep pool of water that its source formed.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Into the woods they go, Toel following after Veera into the treeline with Ruven hopefully behind him as well. He couldn't help but admire the forest as they went along, but his is driven on by the rising sound of crashing water as they neared the camp site. As soon as it was in view, Toel stopped in his place, staring up at the waterfall with his mouth falling open a tad. Seems he likes the view! Though as Veera speaks he snaps out of it, glancing down to her, then back up to the waterfall before returning full attention to her to listen. Toel nods his head in understanding. "We should be set by the time you get back, unless something happens." He says confidently, looking over towards Ruven. "I'll go get the stones for the camp fire." Nothing exactly new with this routine, gathering the things for the fire that they will need for the night.

Going over towards the stream, Toel gathers the rocks and carries them over, making a circle with them. As he got nearer to finishing his task however, he began to slow as he glanced towards the water. 'Hm...' A sudden urge inside of him gets him near the pool of water, the Anudorian looking down into the water. Cannot help but wonder if there are any fish swimming around, or if he can even see them at the moment.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"W-what if it isn't you but looks it?" Ruven inquired, the sight of the shadows making him vibrate like a woman's favorite toy as he quivered in fear. Once she came up with a plan, Ruven would quickly set to make a campfire, rushing ahead of Toel and moving with speed, seeming on high alert as the shadows grew long and menacing. He tip toed and danced over the shadows where he could as if stepping over lava, and broke into a quick run or leap when passing under a particularly thick shadow. He looked a nervous wreck.

Once they did get the fire going though, Ruven looked happy to just lay down on his bed and rest, breathing softly and enjoying the comforting night.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Then ask me what my favorite color is," Veera responded automatically to Ruven's concern, "it's pink. Bright pink." Then she walked off, leaving them to set up camp at their own pace, which in Ruven's case was quick in order to ward off the oncoming darkness.

Toel, in the meantime, would manage to spot some fish in the water, a long pickerel hovering in the shallows, a few trout moving in small squads among the reeds, and a large catfish hovering at the bottom near the center.

Veera would return a little while later, well before the darkness of night was fully upon them and with a basket and bag filled with foraged food. Berries, wild tubors, and crab apples were to be their dinner, plus whatever they liked from their supplies and some fish if Toel managed to catch some. Night was coming on, and Ruven could feel the book thrumming softly at his side, awakening as the darkness closed in.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ruven got the light crystal on to let the light shine behind him so nothing forms from his shadow, and helped Toel get the fire going if he helped at all. Then Ruven would sit close to the fire, completely illuminated in the darkness until Veera came back. "F-favorite color!?" he exclaimed to her when she came back, wary that she might be a fake here to snuff out the light. Once she confirmed that she was good, Ruven calmed down, very slightly. Though he was in a clear panic as darkness took over.

Lionfire

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Lowering himself to a crouch next to the stream, the Anudorian watches the many fishes that swim by with slowly growing interest. How long has it been since he has had fish? Last kind of fish he had was back when he was young, and it was just a small... '... Catfish?' By mere chance, Toel soon lays his eyes upon the Catfish that floats in the center of the water, his mouth falling open a tad in surprise. The memory of his last meal eatting cat fish long ago sneaks into his mind with great ease. Licking his lips, Toel glances back towards the camp and Ruven before looking back down towards the stream, watching that catfish that floats in the center. 'It... Wouldn't hurt to try to catch it, right?'

Unsheathing his Claymore, Toel squints as he slowly steps into the water, attempting to move as little as possible. Just gotta get a bit closer... Gripping his blade in a Half swording stance and with the tip raised in the air, he carefully moves towards the catfish, hoping it doesn't run. Closer... 'Now!' Gritting his teeth, Toel drives the tip of his claymore down into the water in an attempt to stab the catfish through! The big prize is what he is after!

If it hits:
With a triumphant laugh as his strike hits home, Toel ensures his catch is unable to escape by raising it up and out of the water, his hand leaving the blade to help keep his catch from escaping it's fate. Hahaha, success! Smiling in delight at his accomplishment, he returns to the camp with his catch in his arms if it is big enough. "Got us a bit of a treat, my good friend!" After a moment of looking down towards the camp fire pit however, Toel pauses visibly before he looks up towards the sky, noticing the slowly disappearing light, the Anudorian winces before looking towards Ruven. "Ah, I'm sorry. I got a little distracted. Haven't had catfish in a while, so..." Trailing off, Toel chuckles in an awkward tone before he rushes off to fetch the stones as he said he would.

By the time he was done, if there was still some preparations to be done, Toel takes his seat with his legs crossed beneath him next to the camp fire, his hand keeping his head up as he gazes along the fire. His now cleaned catfish sits next to the fire with a stick going through it to allow it to cook next to the fire, Toel keeping his focus all the same on the fire and fish with a wide smile of satisfaction at his accomplishment. With Veera returning, Toel waves to her before he returns to tending to the cooking Catfish. Hehe~ the meal should be good tonight!

If he misses:
Grunting as he attempts to reraise his sword again to make another strike at the catfish, he finds little success as the large fish no doubt has slipped away by this point, alongside the many other fishes that probably got scared off by his failed attack of it's fellow fish. Looking around briefly, Toel lets out a disappointed sigh as he puts his Claymore back into it's sheath. 'Well... It was worth a shot at least...' Shaking his head, he wades back ashore empty handed and wet, going back to work picking up the stones for the camp fire pit, if Ruven hasn't done so already.

By the time he was done, if there was still some preparations to be done, Toel takes his seat with his legs crossed beneath him next to the camp fire, his hand keeping his head up as he gazes along the fire. With Veera returning, Toel waves to her briefly as he keeps his eyes on the fire pit.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Rolls
To-hit: Hit.
Damage: I think a greatsword can kill a fish.

With a surge of motion, Toel thrust the tip of his sword through the soft body of the catfish, spearing the squirming fish so that he could bring it back out of the water. It was a fairly large fish, and though it squirmed on the end of his blade it couldn't escape before he took it to shore to become a part of their meal.

"Bright pink sweetheart~" Veera answered, smacking Ruven lightly on the ass as she walked by him to the center of camp. "Nothing went wrong while I was gone I trust?" she said with a smirk, though when she noted that Toel's pants were soaked with water she pouted. "Awww, you took a bath without me? No fair! And you didn't even take your pants off!" she said in a continuation of her playful tone.

With their food gathered, it was up to one of them to cook while Veera moved to the edge of the light cast by Ruven's sphere and began to keep watch over the gathering twilight. It would be a little while before darkness fully set, but Ruven had already protected himself to avoid the coming dark.