What's new

VN/TEXT [Kerni] AATOFL , Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives

Sayathing11

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Re: AATOFL (Abandoned: A Tale Of Forgotten Lives)

Yeahh... after account activation i can finaly post something xD

Just want to say that i still work on the poker game event (the whole AI programming part will take longer than i thought)

And then.. the events for winning/losing the game argss... more work..

Anyway i still work on it every weekend but i don't have much time for this since.. real life.. and stuff..
You're the content creator of the game sir?
Welcome to ULMF sir!
Please enjoy your stay!

Also, thank you for the game! :D

Kerni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You're the content creator of the game sir?
Welcome to ULMF sir!
Please enjoy your stay!

Also, thank you for the game! :D
Yes , but content creator sound quite.. weird.. o_O
This is just a hobby of mine , nothing professionaly.

sniff3005

Demon Girl
Reputation score

LOVE THIS! please keep AATOFL going! I would like to check out your poker game as well. I enjoy poker.

glacier

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, I just tried this and it was really cool! Definitely room for polish and improvement, but there's major potential here.

Kerni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Yeah, I just tried this and it was really cool! Definitely room for polish and improvement, but there's major potential here.
The next release will have a tool for manual runtime spellcorrection. (means : you can change the sentence and it will be saved into a file and dynamical changed when you run the game next time)

I hope some of you can help me with my.. weird english... >.<

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

The next release will have a tool for manual runtime spellcorrection. (means : you can change the sentence and it will be saved into a file and dynamical changed when you run the game next time)

I hope some of you can help me with my.. weird english... >.<
If you want to send me, like, everything as .txt files I'll happily touch it up.

Kerni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

If you want to send me, like, everything as .txt files I'll happily touch it up.
The main problem with this is to put it back into the game and furthermore it is not just a simple TXT file it is more a code.
So i would have to create a tool to extract all spoken things and then a tool to put it back into the game as code >.<

And with my new tool you can just work on the sentences while you are playing the game.. or.. is this bad idea ?

kvier

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

The online text editor makes sense to me, if a little less convenient.

How will we give you the results of proofreading, though?

OP
bacchusplateau

bacchusplateau

Demon Girl
Reputation score

And with my new tool you can just work on the sentences while you are playing the game.. or.. is this bad idea ?
It would be nicer if peeps could correct the game, and then send you the corrections somehow. I guess it would make a single person's play through nice, but unless you plan on starting a new game a lot, I don't think it's going to be very useful. With that said, I'm sure someone will make good use of it and prove me wrong. ;)

Kerni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It would be nicer if peeps could correct the game, and then send you the corrections somehow. I guess it would make a single person's play through nice, but unless you plan on starting a new game a lot, I don't think it's going to be very useful. With that said, I'm sure someone will make good use of it and prove me wrong. ;)
Then i would have to create said tools (export and import tool) and this.. oh my.. i am still not done with the poker game Wahh!..
And someone else told me that i should create a process to import user music to be played in the game.. so much work.. work..woo..rr..kk...

The online text editor makes sense to me, if a little less convenient.

How will we give you the results of proofreading, though?
All your corrections will be saved in a file named SPELLCHECK.txt and if you think you are done you can just give it to other persons or to me and i will import it hardcoded into the game. (For this process i have the tool but.. not for the other process as dedicated only txt file for all sentences)

But i have to trust the yousince the file could just rewrite the whole story (Or maybe translate it to another language) >.<

Last edited:
OP
bacchusplateau

bacchusplateau

Demon Girl
Reputation score

^^ You had asked if correcting the text was a good idea and I just offered an opinion. I personally find the game easy enough to understand and while it may not be "the Queen's English", it doesn't matter. Your pig English is waaay better then my pig German could ever be. ;)

I like how the changes are saved into a specific file that can be found! I only worry that you might get flooded with good intention people and every single translation will be slightly different. As for other people possibly translating the game into another language, it may very well be a good thing! I know it'll be hard for you to proofread languages you don't know how to read to keep the story true, but it might allow more people to become aware of your great work!

I want new content, but as you point out, this is a hobby for you. Keep up the imagination and the great work you are doing. I'll patiently wait as a child patiently waits for Christmas morn.

Prost!

ballsoker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Well i think You should Consider to spread the Word a bit more, And launch a Patreon Campagne. Especially 3D is doing GREAT on this sort of thing. Starting making your own ULMF start page with your Game, Screenshot and Description with some Hints what could happen in the Fure & what idea you have in Mind. I mean there are Enough other Game demos of yours that Can represent your Gamestyle. And some goals could be Hire some Voiceactor. You know just some idea what could really Help in the Future with some Luck, and the same Great work that Improved other the Years. Even though it might not Crash all records on Patreon, some Money is alawys to see Work is Appreciated. And your game itself is Pretty goodlooking & getting a lot More Attention then before which kinda Sky Rocket compare to your Other Blogpost Posts.

Last edited:

Kerni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

^^ You had asked if correcting the text was a good idea and I just offered an opinion. I personally find the game easy enough to understand and while it may not be "the Queen's English", it doesn't matter. Your pig English is waaay better then my pig German could ever be. ;)

I like how the changes are saved into a specific file that can be found! I only worry that you might get flooded with good intention people and every single translation will be slightly different. As for other people possibly translating the game into another language, it may very well be a good thing! I know it'll be hard for you to proofread languages you don't know how to read to keep the story true, but it might allow more people to become aware of your great work!

I want new content, but as you point out, this is a hobby for you. Keep up the imagination and the great work you are doing. I'll patiently wait as a child patiently waits for Christmas morn.

Prost!
You are right , i am sorry >.<

Well i think You should Consider to spread the Word a bit more, And launch a Patreon Campagne. Especially 3D is doing GREAT on this sort of thing. Starting making your own ULMF start page with your Game, Screenshot and Description with some Hints what could happen in the Fure & what idea you have in Mind. I mean there are Enough other Game demos of yours that Can represent your Gamestyle. And some goals could be Hire some Voiceactor. You know just some idea what could really Help in the Future with some Luck, and the same Great work that Improved other the Years. Even though it might not Crash all records on Patreon, some Money is alawys to see Work is Appreciated. And your game itself is Pretty goodlooking & getting a lot More Attention then before which kinda Sky Rocket compare to your Other Blogpost Posts.
Oh my.. ahm.. later okay ?
When i release the mini free roaming update i will consider to start a patreon page ,okay ^_^
And i do not consier the other game i have on my page as demos. Just small games finished in itself.
(okay.. except for Undefined fate , this is really a demo)

CobraPL

Demon Girl
Reputation score

AWESOME !

sniff3005

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I hope you don't mind but I posted your site on the shark's lagoon forums. They seemed to like it over there as well. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! If you do decide to go to patron consider me to become one of your first.

ballsoker

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Whatever floats your boat. With a little luck to make money is always Good :p

Kerni

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I have released V 0.17
This is the mini free romaing update and now you can search around the base and find stuff for the girls.

you can find it on my blog on 3dnovels .de or . net or somethign like that.
(I am not allowed to make links to other sites yet ^_^)

OP
bacchusplateau

bacchusplateau

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I have released V 0.17
This is the mini free romaing update and now you can search around the base and find stuff for the girls.

you can find it on my blog on 3dnovels .de or . net or somethign like that.
(I am not allowed to make links to other sites yet ^_^)
Headed to download now! Was going to see Suicide Squad but that got cancelled so it looks like roaming around is in the cards tonight!

As a side note, I like your Patreon page. Only $1 patrons are allowed and it's per build instead of per month. I think it's classy. Also, here are the links that you supplied on your homepage.

mega:///#!RQEA1Lwa!bCjsbtvr3qyGF4NuVT9jdqxnz8tyVHY8B9pBoVHg844

And finally Kerni's Patreon page if you want to support--there seems to be a lot of peeps on this thread that say they'd like to support, let's see if they follow up. ;)

Edit: Seems like the mega link isn't clickable. Meh, copy and paste still works!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I tend to skip most of the dialog and I'd prefer to correct plain text, but I'll give the text editor a shot.

adatt

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thank you for the new release.

Just one complaint; I started through the game again and decided to clean up the text, however you can't save any lines with an apostrophe (') ; when it detects any in the line, the only option you have is to cancel the edit even if it already exists in the text.